Intention

Stargazer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**All right Guys, Let's start the ride! :D

 

 

 

Chapter 1

Intention

 

 

Taehyung drummed his fingers on the wooden table. His patience is running thin. Everything they’ve worked hard for the past four years is slowly unfolding. All the years of planning has finally come to this. Finally, everything is now in place. The plan can now be executed. Finally after years of just talking and working behind… they can now move to the front and fight. But the fight will not be face to face. Not yet. They will slowly get the things that truly belong to them. One by one they will reclaim what’s theirs. And finally they can start. Finally they can move.

 Sitting across Taehyung  is his Uncle Jang Hyuk. He is a man in his 50s. But he still looks under 40. RM, Taehyung’s closest cousin stands by the window looking outside. Suga, RM’s younger brother stands by the door, leaning his back on it.

“It has finally come.” Said Suga holding a gold invitation. “I never thought they would actually invite us. Until today, I have never thought of them being this clueless.”

“We have never shown them any ill feelings from four years ago. They will not know that we blamed them for everything that happened.” Said RM

Four years ago… it was the year that Taehyung’s father died. He committed suicide. He lost everything, his shares, his money… he lost his reputation. It was a very difficult moment in Taehyung’s life. So many things happened one after another. And it was Uncle Jang Hyuk that pulled him up. It was difficult. It was impossible to face tomorrow with all the pain he was feeling. He wanted to end it too. But he can’t. Not yet. They have to reclaim everything that his father lost. That’s the only true justice.

During the wake for his father, Taehyung wanted to tear all those people who had the guts to visit and pay respect to his father. Those people who were involved in the conspiracy that led to his father’s  downfall went to the wake as if they did nothing wrong. They acted like they did not do anything wrong. But Taehyung know who they are and what they did.

You can’t show them you know, Taehyung. You can’t show them how angry you are. You can’t give them something that they can use against you. How can you give your father justice if you will show them you are an enemy as early as now? You don’t have enough money and connections. You will fail. We need time. And we need them to think you are not a threat. So they won’t eliminate you until we’re ready to fight.

Those words from Uncle Jang Hyuk made Taehyung act like he didn’t hate those people, like he was this clueless kid who just lost his father, harmless and a bit pitiful. But inside… inside, the boiling fire of fury was fighting to come out.

“With this invitation, this is on you now Taehyung. You know what we need to happen.” Said Jang Hyuk.

Taehyung nodded. He knows what needs to happen. And he will make it happen. He will do everything, he will not look right or left. He has a goal and his eyes are fixed on it.

“I will attend that party. And I will make sure to talk with Kim Jisoo of Polaris Enterprise.” Said Taehyung. “I will make sure she enjoys our conversation. Before that night is over, I will have another meeting with her set. She’s not going anywhere.”

Jang Hyuk nodded.

“That’s good. Very good. Just focus Teahyung. Do not let anything distract you. From now on, our plans are on green light. There’s no looking back. We go forward.” Said Jang Hyuk

Suga walked towards the table and placed the invitation on the table. Jang Hyuk stood up.

“I need to meet someone now. Just call me if there’s anything.”

Uncle Jang Hyuk left the room. Suga took his place across Taehyung. RM sat beside Suga.

“What now V?” asked Suga

Outisde the family, people call Taehyung V. He’s known as Mr.  V of Optimum Corporation.

“Are you really going to do it? Are you really going to marry her?” asked Suga

Taehyung’s eyes narrowed.

“Do you doubt my loyalty to our plans?” asked Taehyung

“Nope. Not your loyalty.” Said Suga. “But Kim Jisoo… She’s your childhood friend isn’t it?”

“Right. You were neighbors when you were little.” Said RM. “Is that going to be a problem?”

Taehyung leaned forward.

“Isn’t that an advantage? She knows me as that good boy from her childhood. A friend who helps her once in a while in her studies in middle school. I think all those things will ultimately help me trap her into marriage.” Said Taehyung.

RM just kept staring at him unconvinced.

“What’s up with you two?” asked Taehyung. “We’ve planned for this for so long. I will not destroy our plans.”

“You were pretty close, you and Kim Jisoo. She would always follow you around when you were little.” said RM. “What if she falls in love with you?”

Taehyung closed his eyes for a second and sighed.

“Everything back then is gone now. You know it well. When I transferred school in high school, Jisoo and I lost  communication. And we’ve not talked since middle school, since we were 15. The next time I saw her was when she and her Dad visited Dad’s wake. And you know what happened then.” said Taehyung

That day… he couldn’t look at Jisoo and her Dad. How can he? That man... Jisoo’s Dad is the mastermind behind his Father’s misery. He couldn’t look at them and not show his anger and hate. And so he did what was the safest thing to do, fix his eyes on his Dad’s photo and completely ignore them.

“I don’t think you can even call us friends anymore. Jisoo and I… we are like strangers now.” Said Taehyung.

“So you’re saying… you do not care if she falls in love with you?” asked Suga. “Because that’s part of the plan. She has to hand everything to you. So you need to make her love you.”

“I don’t think that’s going to be a problem.” Said Taehyung. “You know me. I can make any girl fall head over heels in love with me.”

RM winced.

“She’s going to be hurt once you take everything from her Dad… she’s going to be crushed once you finally get everything from them and then divorce her.” Said RM.

Taehyung sighed.

That’s the inevitable. Even if Jisoo gets hurt in the process, Taehyung still has to do it. She’ll eventually move on after their divorce. She may never forgive him, but she will survive just as he survived the past four years. Jisoo is a necessary sacrifice.

“That’s not going to be a problem.” Said Taehyung.

“Really?” asked RM

“Really.” Answered Taehyung. “Why don’t you two just focus on the things you need to do, while I take care of Kim Jisoo. Stop doubting me.”

RM bit his lip.

“Tell me honestly…” said RM. “What if You fall in love with her?”

Taehyung’s eyes widened and then he grinned.

“Are you crazy?” asked Taehyung. “That’s not going to happen. And you know it. She’s… not my type. I don’t go for the sweet type, remember? I like my ladies y and hot. Kim Jisoo is as sweet as candy.”

The past years, Taehyung had many women around him. He never had a girlfriend. No… He won’t have a girlfriend. But his bed was never empty whenever he needs company… or even when he doesn’t.  And truly, every one of those women were the hot and y type. Most of them were older than him. They are the women who know what they want, y, hot and experienced. And they come to him like fireflies to the lamp.

“Is that the real reason?” asked Suga. “The reason why you think you won’t fall for her is because she’s not your type?”

Teahyung went silent for a while.

“I am not going to fall in love with her. I… will never fall in love ever… with anyone. “ said Taehyung looking away.

RM and Suga exchanged looks. They know why… they know why Taehyung will never fall in love again. The pain is still in his eyes after all these years.

“Irene… will want you to fall in love again, Taehyung.” Said RM

Taehyung suddenly stood up looking at RM with his brows closed in as if he’s ready to throw a punch.

“Don’t.” said Taehyung. “Don’t ever mention her again.”

And then Taehyung walked out of the room.     

Suga sighed.

“As long as Irene is in there, our plan is safe. He’s not going to fall in love with Kim Jisoo.” Said Suga

“We’re not so sure about that.” Said RM

Suga turned his entire body towards RM in irritation.

“He loved Irene like she’s his life. We both saw it.” Said Suga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter