Year 2068.

The X Gene

[ HEADLINE ] An intriguing letter that was written 49 years ago,
was found hidden in an abandoned facility, sources say.

 


 

CELL Z. 02 HOURS LEFT.
March 5th, 2019.

Everything was fine before for both humans and mutants to coexist. But the government thinks otherwise, seeing mutants as a threat to the society and convincing humans that mutants are designed to be natural threats. As years pass by, the government and human's view on mutants has changed drastically.

Although, being mutant is not illegal, mutants are viewed as freaks and should be under the care of the Government, specifically the Sentinel Services. Everyone from elder to toddlers are required to undergo an X-Gene test, a test to determine whether a citizen's a carrier of the gene that's considered to be perilous.

It was unfair, really. We did not choose to have mutation abilities we cannot control. We are not a threat to the humankind. We may not be normal, but we are special, and our abilities can be used for a good cause.

I once lost hope for humanity after being treated like doormat that's being stepped on repeatedly. I was thrown out to the sentinel services by my own parents after the X-Gene test result came home. I was locked in a white room, witnessing other mutants locked up like caged dogs as I was dragged into my own cell.

I was 8. I was treated with disrespect and ran through lab tests all the time. I hated myself. I hated everyone. But my loathe for having an X-Gene overflows that my hope for survival and for humans and mutants to coexist vanished.

But, a few mutants showed me there's a new way and a light at the end of this never-ending tunnel. Including my cousin, Seokjin, who ended up being in the same facility as me. I was 6 when he disappeared and the only explanation I got from my parents is that - Seokjin Oppa, has been very bad and was sent away.

After 12 years, I'm finally going to leave this hell and I promise I'll prove the government how wrong they are.

Tonight, my friends and I are going to escape. For years, we have planned this, and Wendy Unnie has once said, it's either we run like a coward or fight forward. It may seem like the former, but we're just mistreated mutants who deserve the right to live in peace. It's the government who's making us want to fight back.

So, you Sentinel Services. We will be back, but not as your lab rats.

 

Sincerely, 
Phoenix, Sunspot, Rogue & Iceman.