Bet

Serendipity

 

Got time today so I'm making a short update to make you smile in this trying times. 

 

CHAPTER 15

 

“Is there something on my face Yena-unnie?” Minjoo asked after noticing how Yena has been staring at her ever since she came in this morning

 

“No, nothing,” Yena answered, shaking her head, still staring at her

 

 “Do you want to say something?”

 

“Do you want to tell us something, Minjoo?” Yena asked in reply

 

Minjoo looked at her confusedly “About what?”

 

Yena shrugged “Just anything you’re fancying these days.”

 

“I don’t think I have.” Minjoo answered

 

“Really?” Yena raising a brow

 

“Well, we’ve been busy with schools and the preparation for the sports festival.”  Minjoo answered

 

Yena just nodded.

 

 “Is everything okay? You’ve been staring.”

 

“Because you’re too pretty today.” Yena answered as she stood up from her seat, leaving the confuse Minjoo.

 

“What’s with her?” Minjoo asked Yuri who is sitting beside her

 

Yuri just shrugged her shoulder “You know how weird can she get, don’t mind her or maybe you’re just really pretty today.”

 

//

//

 

“Unnie…” Yuri called following Yena who was on her way to her next class

 

“Hey…” Yena greeted as she stopped from her tracks.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“Nothing, just you’re weird this morning.” Yuri answered “You’ve been quiet and you’ve been staring at Minjoo weirdly.”

 

“No, I’m not.”

 

“Yes, you are.” Yuri said “Are things okay with you two?”

 

“Of course, why wouldn’t it be?” Yena answered “Just…”

 

“Just what?”

 

“Have you noticed it?”

 

“Notice what?”

 

“She’s glowing.”

 

“Who? Minjoo?” Yuri asked as Yena nodded “Unnie, she’s glowing ever since she was born.”

 

“No, no, not that kind of she’s beautiful glowing, you know, like she’s in love and in a relationship glowing.”

 

“Pffft!” Yuri laughs in disbelief

 

“I’m serious here.” Yena said whining

 

“For real?” Yuri asked then stopped laughing when Yena nodded “Do you know something that I don’t?”

 

“Did you really think that I am not aware that I might do girlfriend duties when we told our families that we are dating? Just so you know, I thought about it a lot, like real lot before I sign up on that, Minjoo and I are dating’ form.”

 

Yena shakes her head as an answer “Just, it’s weird that she’s too smiley this morning.”

 

“Unnie, you’re the weird one this morning.”

 

“Do you want to make a bet then?” Yena asked grinning

 

“Aren’t you tired of losing?”

 

“I am sure on this one.” Yena said “She’s in a relationship. I’ll make sure to make her confess on the last day of the festival and if I can’t then you win.”

 

“Okay.” Yuri said smiling, entertaining Yena on her weird antics again “What’s the prize?”

 

“The winner gets to wish to the other person and the loser has to do it without a question.”

 

“Are you sure?” Yuri asked “Because I am sure winning on this one and you’re going to regret proposing it.”

 

“I am sure.” Yena nodded

 

“Don’t say, I didn’t warn you.” Yuri said “I’ll go ahead then, didn’t want to be late for my class.” Yuri said as she walks away from Yuri.

 

Yena smiles as she looks at Yuri’s figure “News flash, you’re only winning those bets because I’m letting you Jo Yuri and I’m afraid I can’t let you win on this one, well, it’s not like you stand a chance in the first place, you're bound to lose this one I’ve already seen it with my own eyes. Can’t wait to go on  a date with you.”

 

 

Hope you're all doing well and take care.