That Smile

My Last Shot

Irene placed the cover of the lunch box firmly feeling her heart pounding on her chest she's not sure if Seulgi would like the lunch she made.

Seulgi blankly stared at the window.

Irene entered the room she saw Seulgi looking out the window she gathered her courage and went to her sit right in front of Seulgi.

Irene cleared and she caught Seulgi's attention

"hi" she said with a shy smile.

Seulgi just smiled at her she can sense a thick wall between them.

Irene shyly placed the lunch box on Seulgi's table.

"whats this?" Seulgi was confused she opened the box and was greeted by the mouth watering aroma of Irene's version of pork cutlets.

"wow" Seulgi was speechless.

"a friend of mine told me you like home cooked meals so i decided to cook for you as an apology due to my sudden outburst on you yesterday. i hope you can forgive me" Irene said with a pink hue appearing on her cheeks.

"apology accepted" Seulgi smiled at Irene this time its a sincere smile full of gratitude

Irene saw the smile and made a mental note of how beautiful Seulgi's eye smile is

"thank you" she smiled back

"if you're free this afternoon we have a practice match with the neighboring school after class, you can come and watch if you want"

"only if you joined me and my friends for lunch"

"deal, can i bring my friend too?"

"sure" Irene said with a smile feeling lighter this time.

Seulgi wants the clock to go faster

Finally, lunch time Irene and Seulgi were the first ones on the rooftop Seulgi was looking down observing the people on the ground while Irene was sitting down on the edge of the barrier

"from what school were you last year"

"north high"

"oh i have a friend there she's the best player from that school"

"jennie?" Irene looked up at Seulgi.

Seulgi looked down upon hearing the familiar name and it was kind of a mistake, she saw Irene looking up at her with the wind blowing making Irene's face and hair even prettier. Irene realized what's happening, through the years she's gotten used to the reaction and the thought of it made her laugh which didn't help Seulgi's case. seeing the cute action made her blush at the girl whose been so cute for the past few seconds good thing her sanity is about to be saved.

"we're here!"

Irene looked up and saw Joy, Yeri and Wendy

Seulgi ran to Wendy and hugged her like a kid

Irene saw the interaction she deemed cute she didn't realize Seulgi can be this clingy to someone she somehow felt envious of Wendy a thought she dismissed fast thinking that it was silly.

after pleasantries and small talk they started eating lunch. Irene was anxious of what Seulgi's reaction would be to the lunch she prepared but soon her worries evaporated as she see's Seulgi eating with so much gusto

"how was it?"

"this is so good~" Seulgi answered with a thumbs up

"good" Irene said with a shy smile

"if this is your way of apologizing feel free to slam the door on me again" Seulgi said teasing Irene

"yah! ahahaha that was unintentional i accidentally pushed the door harder than i intended to"

Joy watched the two with a smile on her face.

Wendy watches the two and was ready to tease Seulgi later when they finally have time alone.

Lunch soon ended and all 4 of them went back to their home room.

4 o'clock and their class is over Seulgi gathers her stuff ready to go to the gymnasium. she looked up ready to ask irene of she'll be watching but then the girl seems to be waiting for her.

"lets go?" Irene asked.

"yup" Seulgi slips her other arm on her backpack ready to go.

the gym has a few onlookers both from the 2 schools.

"you can sit with Wendy she's on the court side I'll head to the locker and change I'll be back soon".

"okay" Irene looked at the court side and saw Wendy waving at her.

A minute later Seulgi came back to the court side wearing a plain white shirt and a jersey shorts with high cut basketball shoes it was enough for Irene to admire how awesome she looked.

"good luck" Irene said with a sweet smile.

"thanks" Seulgi wished she could take a picture of Irene right now the girl is just looking up at her with that sweet smile of hers and it was enough to make Seulgi feel things she couldn't describe herself.

With Irene watching on the court side Seulgi sure is motivated to end this game early.

Seulgi's coach told her not to show off her skills much so she decided not to do dunks and focus on shooting the ball to the basket.

30 minutes into the game and Seulgi has already dropped a ton of 3 point shots leading her team 39 to 12 in favor of them. Seulgi's coach is very happy with her performance and lets Seulgi rest for a few minutes.

Seulgi went to Irene and the later gave her her water bottle.

"you're so good no wonder they call you phenom" Irene told her with an eye full of admiration.

"thanks" Seulgi smiled shyly.

"so no dunks for today?" Wendy asked.

"yeah coach told me to lay low".

"aw too bad i want to see you do that" Yeri who have joined Irene with a pout.

"maybe next time" Seulgi said who have sat next to Irene and Wendy

"do you know those girls? they've been cheering for you once you stepped inside the court" Irene asked referring to the girls who's been chanting Seulgi's name

"oh them i don't actually know them but im glad for their support" Seulgi shyly said while waving her hand at the girls direction hearing them cheer even louder upon seeing her.

The game finished earlier than expected the coach from the other team cut the game and Seulgi is very much happy about it. Yeri asked if they wanted go visit the new cafe downtown she also asked Wendy and joy who have joined them as well. Yeri told Seulgi about the interview and the phenom is more than happy to help her in her article.