at first sight.

can’t help falling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

May 2012

"Did you hear that the new trainee was the only one out of 700 from the audition in Australia to be chosen to join YG Entertainment?"

Jennie had heard various rumors about the new trainee for weeks now, but she had never heard this one before. 

"Woah, she must be crazy talented! OOO and she probably has a cute accent, being from Australia and all. I can't wait to meet her!!" Lisa exclaimed while shoving food into .

Lisa, Jennie, and Jisoo had just started to eat in the cafeteria when Jisoo revealed this new finding about the trainee that was officially joining the company today. 

"Having talent is one thing, but you have to be a freaking machine to get through Ms. Choi's dance classes without passing out from exhaustion," Jennie muttered while wiping off the sweat that was still on her forehead from the absolute hell Ms. Choi put her through.

Jisoo chuckled, "Yeah seriously. If sweat could be turned into water, we've collectively sweated enough to end world thirst. Especially you Lalisa. You look like you just came back from a swim in Han River."

"Hey! As the future main dancer of YG's next best girl group, it is my duty to work twice as hard as the rest! You see, I'm a hard-working girl! I'm the best of the best," Lisa smirked as she crossed her arms in a smug way.

"Yeah yeah, you keep telling yourself that kid," Jisoo sighed and patted Lisa's head.

Jennie chuckled. After a year hanging out with this combo she gave up on trying to stop the constant mayhem they created and learned to just ignore it completely. 

Instead of listening to the bickering between the two girls, she listened as a manager unnie walked in, explaining the meal schedule and basic rules of the cafeteria. Suddenly she realized that her two best friends had stopped talking all together and were staring in the direction of the cafeteria entrance. The same direction in which the manager unnie's voice was coming from. 

Jennie swiveled her head around, her eyes landing on a tall, black-haired girl scribbling down notes as the manager blabbered on. The mysterious girl sported casual attire: a black crop top with high waisted denim shorts and white Vans. The seemingly simple outfit, however, did not take away from the girl's ethereal beauty. In fact, Jennie thought the black top accentuated her porcelain skin.

Jennie continued to examine the face of the unnamed girl closely, noticing the cute way she scrunched up nose and stuck out her tongue while scrambling to write down every single word the manager spoke. 

Jisoo interrupted Jennie's thoughts: "It seems that where the food is served is extremely important to her." 

"BAHAH seriously. She must like food. I think we will get along well," Lisa said with a smile, "But, more importantly, SHE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY THE GUITAR??"

Jennie had been so lost in watching the seemingly perfect face of the girl that she hardly even noticed the giant guitar hanging off her back.

“Okay, right off the bat, I'm seriously considering marrying her."

"Manoban, you haven't even said one word to her and you're already planning to propose?! You're seriously a piece of work," Jennie said with a chuckle.

"We can plan the proposal later, but right now I gotta run to my crumping class. Freaking Mr. Lim and his 15 minute early rule. 'Arriving on time is arriving late on my watch,' WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN AND WHY IS CRUMPING SO IMPORTANT?! I'M NOT GONNA PERFORM A DANCE ROUTINE THAT CONSISTS ONLY OF CRUMPING EVER IN MY IDOL CAREER or at least I hope I don't. I seriously don't understand why crumping class is a requirement. Oh and Lisa, you are 5 minutes from being late to your rap lesson with Ms. Yoo. So we both gotta run," Jisoo said while glancing at her wrist watch.

"Oh ! I guess I will have to formally introduce myself to Guitar Girl later then," Lisa said while pretending to wipe a tear.

"Guitar Girl? Real creative Lisa," Jennie rolled her eyes.

"No time to contemplate why we are friends with Lisa right now, Jennie. WE GOTTA GO."

Jennie chuckled as Lisa and Jisoo threw their trays onto the conveyor belt that transferred dirty dishes to the kitchen and somehow found a way to bump into every single person in their path to the stairs. 

Jennie sighed and returned her attention to the new girl, who was now alone and grabbing a plate of food. Jennie couldn't help but smile as she watched the girl's nose crinkle in delight at the delicious smell of the donkatsu and curry. 

With thoughts swirling around in her mind about this mysterious girl and her ability to render Jennie helpless with her cute expressions, Jennie failed to notice as the girl started walking over to her with a tray of food.

Then Jennie heard the footsteps.

Jennie could not believe her eyes or her ears. As the footsteps became louder and louder, Jennie's heartbeat grew louder and louder as well.

Jennie's POV

"Hi, I'm Park Chaeyoung, the new trainee," she stated with a swift bow. "Is it okay if I sit with you?" the beauty asked cautiously in Korean.

"Oh yeah of course," I stuttered in English. "I'm Jennie by the way."

I couldn't believe my own ears. Was I stuttering? I'm normally very confident when it comes to meeting new people. Especially when they are new trainees, as I have been at YG for a little over 2 years now. Why was this introduction any different? What makes her different?

Chaeyoung eyes opened wide in excitement. "You speak English?" she questioned with  excitement and a slight Australian accent.

 I nodded my head in hesitance.

"Now that I think about it Jennie sounds like more of an English name than Korean. Are you a foreigner?"

"I actually am not. But I did study abroad in New Zealand for a good chunk of my life."

"That's so cool! I was actually born in New Zealand, but I moved to Australia when I was li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter