Are their ways really separate? - bonus chapter

Separate Ways
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seeing Eunhyuk there, sitting on the sofa in his house as he listened to everything Hyuna had to ask, surely it was like a punch in the stomach. Donghae felt this. He felt the pain of seeing his daughter cry until she sobbed after discovering that her appa was alive. He felt the pain of not being able to come close and saying that all this was a lie and that he was just a bad man who wanted to harm his family. He felt the pain of not having the courage to send Eunhyuk away from there.

Donghae wanted that nightmare to come to an end.

He wanted someone to pinch him and tell him that Eunhyuk had never been there. But that wasn’t how things happened.

- So you got it all at school? Wow!! You are extremely smart and I am proud of you. – Eunhyuk said and smiled when Hyuna blushed – And what else do you do?

- I play with Ryeowook, the boy who was with me there, and I help uncle Jungsu make cookies because Henry sleeps and then Wook wants to eat cookies. Then I'll come home and stay with dad. When uncle Kyu comes, we also have a lot of fun. And sometimes we go to uncle Chul's house because he likes to barbecue on Saturday.

- I see. It's good to know that you're happy.

- And now that you're here, I'm happier because I have dad, uncle Kyu and you who are my appa.

Hyuna smiled and Eunhyuk looked at Donghae, who sighed and said:

- How about you get that collection of cards for your appa? I bet he'll like to see how you're organized. – Hyuna nodded and ran to her room. At that moment, the omega looked at the alpha and said – I can’t believe you came out of hell to pester our lives.

- And I can’t believe you let another alpha assume our daughter's paternity.

- Kyuhyun never assumed her paternity, Eunhyuk. And she's my daughter. Your name will never be on my daughter's birth certificate. You can’t even prove you’re Hyuna's alpha father.

- If I could, I'd take her with me.

- You'd have to kill me first.

And so the silence filled the room. Eunhyuk never imagined that Donghae would say something like this and shouldn’t be surprised, but it was an instinct that the omega couldn’t help having. And when he looked at the brown-haired man's neck, the alpha shook his head and said,

- I can’t believe you let that alpha mark you.

- And why do I owe you satisfaction, Eunhyuk? Kyuhyun is by my side long before I meet you. And he's been by my side ever since he came back.

- But you love me. – Eunhyuk approached Donghae and tried to touch him, but the omega moved away – You don’t love that alpha.

- I love him. If I did not, I wouldn’t have let him mark me.

- But what was I to you?

And before Donghae could answer, Hyuna came back and said:

- I still need a lot of cards, but look what I've already gotten with the help of dad and uncle Kyu. – she sat on the sofa and smiled at Eunhyuk, who sat next to him and laughed – Why are you laughing, appa?

- It's lovely to see you like this. – and so Eunhyuk decided to torture Donghae a bit – You may not remember, but once you saw me.

Donghae's eyes widened and Hyuna was confused and curious.

- Really, appa?

- Yes. I went to see you when your father went with Jungsu to the hospital. You've always been so smart and even grunted because my beard tickled your face.

Hyuna laughed and looked at Donghae.

- Appa had a beard when he saw me?

But instead of answering, Donghae stared at Eunhyuk and left. Hyuna didn’t understand what was happening, then looked at Eunhyuk who sighed and said:

- Donghae never knew I went to the hospital to see you. At that time, everyone thought I was missing or dead.

- Oh... Poor dad. I don’t like it when dad gets sad because he cries. If uncle Kyu arrives, I bet my dad will feel a lot better.

- And you like him?

- Uncle Kyu? – Eunhyuk nodded and Hyuna smiled – Yes! Uncle Kyu is very cool. Dad said I shouldn’t call him appa and neither does uncle Kyu want it because he said he would be happy if I accept him in our lives. But now that you're here, does my dad have to choose?

Eunhyuk arched an eyebrow.

- I don’t think he should. I just know... – he was interrupted by a knock on the door and a scent of a worried alpha. Eunhyuk sighed and saw Donghae running up there to open the door and so hugged Kyuhyun who hugged him back.

- Glad I came back to get something I forgot about here. Why are you so distressed, Hae? Has something happened to Hyuna or... – Kyuhyun saw Eunhyuk and was confused – Eunhyuk-ssi?

And before Donghae could say anything, Hyuna said cheerfully:

- It's my appa, Kyu!

Kyuhyun looked at Donghae, wiping his face and letting the omega calm down with his scent. Seeing it was killing Eunhyuk little by little, so he stood up and said:

- I think I should go now. I don’t want to disturb you.

- No, appa! – Hyuna screamed and pursed her lips – Don’t go away.

Eunhyuk looked at Hyuna and then at Donghae, who sighed and said:

- Go to your room, Hyuna. And Kyuhyun, I need to sort this out with Eunhyuk.

- It's alright. I... Can I go back?

- You must come back. I don’t want to be without you. – the omega smiled – I'll explain everything later.

- It's alright. – Kyuhyun sighed and took Donghae's face – I love you.

- I love you too.

And so they kissed, making Eunhyuk look away. He didn’t want to and didn’t feel like being humiliated in that way. And after Kyuhyun went to Heechul and Jungsu's house, Donghae closed the door and sat down on the sofa. He looked at the alpha who sighed and said:

- You can’t be serious about all this.

- And what do you expect me to do? How do you want me to act? Did you really think I would spend seven years suffering because of you? Are you that selfish?

- I'm not selfish.

- You are. You are stingy and dishonest. How could you lie like that? Can you imagine how difficult it was to tell my daughter that her father was dead and now he comes out of nowhere? How do you expect me to explain all this to her?

- I can...

- Hyuna is a child, Eunhyuk. She is only seven years old. How am I going to say that everything I've ever told was a lie?

Eunhyuk sighed and approached Donghae who wanted to retreat or hit the alpha. He wasn’t going to let anything happen, but he missed the smell of green tea with ginger so much that staying away was an impossible task.

- Don’t take this from me, please.

- What?

- Living with my daughter, Donghae. She's so important to me and I know I hurt you a lot, but... Does Hyuna really have to suffer for it? If I leave and not come back, what do you think she's going to do?

- Don’t manipulate me.

- I'm not doing this. All I want is a chance to show that I can be a good father to our daughter. I won’t hurt her. – as Donghae began to cry, Eunhyuk touched his face and wiped his cheeks with his thumbs. He wanted so much to kiss and hug the omega, but he knew it would be impossible. – Please, let me be part of our daughter's life.

Donghae pulled away and wiped his face when he realized that Hyuna was spying on everything. He then stretched out his arm and smiled when the girl came and sat on the sofa between her parents. That was a big dilemma.

- Sweetheart, I... I'm sorry you were in this situation. I never lied to you about your appa.

- He really never lied, Hyuna. I made a wrong decision and now we are here.

Hyuna watched as Donghae was sad and hugged him. Eunhyuk could be there, but she would always worry about her dad.

- Don’t cry, dad. I believe you. – she smiled and looked at Donghae – I'll never leave you, dad. I love you very much.

- I love you too, my little angel. – he smiled and her hair – But your appa wants to be a part of your life, and I know how you always wanted it. I know how he always wanted it too. – and looked at Eunhyuk – Promise that you will never take my daughter away from me. If you do take her away from me, I'm going to die.

Eunhyuk smiled and said:

- I just want to be her appa, Hae. I promise I'll never take her from you.

Donghae took a deep breath and let Eunhyuk hug Hyuna who was crying now. The three of them were crying at the moment, but for different reasons. Donghae was scared, Hyuna was confused and Eunhyuk was happy. Everyone there had their motive for crying and so things were when unthinking decisions were made.

But Hyuna was the only innocent in all this.

She just came at the wrong time of a wrong relationship.

But still, Eunhyuk and Donghae were glad she was there.

- Appa? – Hyuna called when she finally managed to stop crying – You won’t get me out of my dad, right?

- Never. I would never do that to him and I would never do that to you.

Hyuna nodded and smiled at Donghae when he smiled and said:

- I think you can come back later to spend some time with Hyuna, Eunhyuk. Since your name isn’t on her birth certificate, I can’t let you hang around with her.

- Okay, I understand.

- We need to talk a lot about what we're going to do, but I won’t stop you from seeing Hyuna as long as it's here.

- Alright, Donghae. I will follow all the requirements you have. – Eunhyuk smiled and looked at Hyuna – As long as I can stay with my daughter, I will be happy.

Hyuna smiled and hugged Eunhyuk who got surprised, but hugged her too. Donghae sighed and went to the kitchen to get some water for the three of them. Everything was so intense.

- Can appa come back tomorrow?

Donghae looked at Eunhyuk, who smiled and said:

- If your dad allows, I'd love to come back tomorrow. And when we sort it all out, I'll ask Martha to leave your room clean. You can decide how to decorate it.

- Who's Martha, appa?

Eunhyuk smiled.

- A great friend. If your dad wants to take you to my house, you can meet her. I know Martha really wants to meet you.

Hyuna smiled and looked at Donghae who sighed and said:

- Let's wait a little, and so you can meet Martha.

Eunhyuk smiled and stood, carrying Hyuna and hugging his daughter as if he didn’t want to let her go. The girl laughed, but then she pouted when she realized that her appa was leaving.

- Are you coming back, appa?

- Yes. I promise I'll come back. – he kissed her forehead – Always take care of your dad.

Hyuna nodded and led Eunhyuk to the door. Donghae, watching all that, pressed his lips together and looked at the alpha when he looked at him and smiled. This was the honest form of thanks Eunhyuk could give. And after seeing her appa leave, Hyuna sniffed and sat on the sofa. She looked at Donghae who approached her and hugged her as she her hair and whispered that everything would be alright.

But even he wasn’t so sure.

***

- You needed to see her, Martha. Hyuna is so smart and likes to collect cards. She said she likes to read and wants to be a great writer when she grows up.

Martha laughed. Eunhyuk was so excited that he even forgot the reporters outside his house.

- It's good to see you're happy, Eunhyuk-ssi. When does Hyuna come here?

- Donghae won’t let Hyuna spend the days here because my name isn’t on her birth certificate and he also thinks I'm going to take the girl far away.

- But you don’t think to do that, do you?

- No. Hyuna is going to stay where she's supposed to be. – Eunhyuk smiled – And I want you to find the best places in this house because Hyuna and Donghae are going to need rooms here.

- Okay, but... What about the meetings?

- No meeting will be held in this house, Martha. Everything will be done in an office that Shindong found. I don’t want alphas in my house when my daughter is spending time here.

- It's alright. And should I decorate the room or...?

- No. Wait for Donghae to decide if Hyuna can come, so she'll decorate the room herself. I just need the rooms to be safe.

Martha nodded.

- What about Kyuhyun?

- He won’t come into my house. He may be Donghae's partner, but Hyuna is my daughter and I want her to have a quality time here. And when she comes, you need to hide those bottles of vodka and whiskey. – Eunhyuk smiled and raised an eyebrow when he saw that Martha was laughing – What?

- Your excitement is so obvious. I like to see that you're happy like this.

Eunhyuk put his hands on his waist and said after a cheerful sigh:

- I'll always be happy when my daughter is around, Martha. Always.

...___...
Far away from there...

But unlike Eunhyuk, Donghae wasn’t so happy. After Hyuna took a shower and slept without dinner – she cried so much she just wanted to sleep – the omega called Kyuhyun and so they sat down to talk. Donghae once again found himself at a crossroads and wanted his life to be easier.

But why would life be easy?

- How are you?

- I don’t know. – Donghae said – Confused, maybe.

- I understand. – Kyuhyun said with regret in his heart – How are we going to be now that Eunhyuk has returned?

- How so? We’re going to be just like the same way we were, Kyuhyun. – Donghae stared Kyuhyun – Do you want to leave me just because Eunhyuk came back?

- That's not it, Donghae. We know how you still have feelings for him.

Donghae stood and rubbed his face as he walked around the room. He then looked at Kyuhyun and said:

- Eunhyuk lied to me and made me suffer for a long time. I had a daughter with him and now she is sleeping there because she cried so much she couldn’t even eat. Do you really think I have feelings for Eunhyuk?

- You may think you don’t, Donghae, but I know you do. – Kyuhyun sighed and got to his feet – I think it best to let you think and stay away for a while.

Donghae's eyes widened.

- What will you do? – and pulled Kyuhyun – Will you leave me a week after you have stuck your teeth on my neck?

The alpha sighed and looked at the omega who stared at him seriously. If all this was a nightmare, Donghae needed to wake up now.

- When Eunhyuk was here, I felt like you were terrified and then calmed down almost as if you were 100% happy.

- And what does this…

- Donghae, please, just listen to me: you can’t tell what you feel about Eunhyuk and everything in there, – he pointed to the brown-haired man's head – is a mess. I can feel that you really like me, but will it be enough to cover what you feel about Eunhyuk?

Donghae frowned and walked away. He then sighed and said:

- I'm glad it's gone in six months. – and then he sat down on the sofa. – Go away. You can go. I don’t want you and I don’t want Eunhyuk either. If I have to go through all this again, then it's best to be alone.

- Donghae...

- Just go, Kyuhyun. I won’t ruin your life as I seem to do to everyone.

Kyuhyun sighed and thought it best to leave. He didn’t want things to end like that, but he knew that competing against Eunhyuk would be very difficult. But in truth it would only be difficult because he thought Donghae would give in at any moment. But the omega didn’t lie to anyone. But there was Donghae alone in the living room of his house while he cried without knowing why. If Heechul and Jungsu hadn’t gone there, he would have cried alone all night.

And this was the only mess in his life Donghae couldn’t fix.

…–––...
The next day...

Donghae slept?

Probably not.

But he didn’t feel he needed to sleep. His life was confused and again he cried for not understanding what was happening. And to make matters worse, Eunhyuk would appear at any time because he would spend time with Hyuna.

It was a truckload of emotions.

Donghae hated it all.

- Dad? – Hyuna called and climbed on the bed – Are you okay? Where's uncle Kyu?

Donghae sighed and said:

- Kyuhyun left, Hyuna. He thought I was lying about my feelings and so it was gone. Heechul took everything that belonged to Kyuhyun and was here because I don’t know how to take care of my love life. – he pursed his lips and looked at his daughter – When did I become like this?

Hyuna chuckled and said:

- I don’t know, dad. I just know that being an adult is bad.

- It’s very bad. I hope you don’t go through the things I'm go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter