of bars, beers and flirting

of bars, beers and flirting

 

A thick musk permeated the air: sweat, alcohol, smoke and a the lurking sense of desire. Heavy lidded eyes on the counter and tables were seen. At the center of the bar, some big shot was throwing a party, creating the only ruckus inside the sizeable bar.

A brunette with her friend was lazing in front of the bar, the bartender on their beckon and call. Each is nursing a half empty bottle of beer, the contents of slightly turning into room temperature. The shorter one was wearing a black tube top that goes only until her midriff with ribbons dangling on it's sides, it was paired with shorts and strap on heels; she was petite in all angles, but had ample curves on the right places, she was sporting a short bob, framing her angelic face, a great contrast with the clothes she decided to wear. 

The much taller female was wearing her little-black-dress ensemble for the evening, red lipstick painted on her supple lips, and opted to wear kitten heels for the night, or else she would be towering over her companion. 

“Joy.”

“Hmm?” Joy tilted her head to the side where her friend leaned on the bar top, her elbows resting on the cold surface, her clavicle accentuated by her her silhouette a womanly vision.

Damnit. If I'm gay, this woman would be going home with me.

“What's that look on your face?”

“Huh? Nothing, just thinking.” 

Wendy chuckled despite herself, the alcohol letting her inhibitions go, “Well that's new.”

“Shush it woman.” she playfully hit her bare arm. “what're you gonna say?” 

Wendy lowers her voice afraid someone might hear them, amidst the echoing of the music and the small chatter surrounding them, Joy's pretty sure the act was unnecessary, “Tell me if I'm hallucinating, but that man, across the counter, is he like… I dunno.. looking our way?” Wendy slightly straightened herself and, pointed her eyes to the direction of the supposed man. “and, jeez can you be more subtle about it?!” Wendy pinched the other when she craned her neck obviously ogling at some unsuspecting being.

Joy gives a smirk, shifting her gaze from wendy to the man in question and back, “Oh”.

“What?” Wendy only mouths. She's now fully facing Joy, her back on the man she spotted, she's trying desperately give minimal cues as far as she's concerned, and Joy - oh Joy - she can never get a damn clue. 

But Wendy can never be subtle.

“Oh-La-La.” Joy wriggles her brows, She finally warrants that shes satisfied with all the ogling she has done. 

Wendy looked at her, dead in the eye, if she can only be as confident as the woman in front of her, casually approaching guys, saying words and phrases she wouldn't let out of . Her attire was supposed to give her confidence, because hell yeah! she knows she's pretty, but she's also forgetful.

“Alright, missy.” Joy as much as purrs, her inexplicable hunting attitude activated in a second, which doesn't surprise Wendy at all, especially when Joy began tucking her hair behind her ear, “there's two of them. I have to know which one did you catch sneaking looks over here. Because I kinda want that hottie there, but if you called dibs,I wouldn't mind.”

Wendy was confused, she's sure she saw one guy looking over in her direction which made her turn her head fast, the action making her a bit lightheaded but not enough to make her miss those obviously piercing eyes from across the counter.

There he was, his casual grey v neck shirt that fit his physique nicely, blonde hair, silver necklace decorating his neck. Wendy would say that his outfit was plain and boring, however, his eyes would also be boring holes in her skull if it were a drill.

Oh. And yeah, he's not alone, there's another man with him who's currently facing him, that one wore a leather jacket and seemed more flashy than the blonde haired guy. 

Wendy whipped her head back when she realized she stared 0.2 seconds longer.

“I'm calling dibs on the blonde guy.” she said hastily, and immediately flushed a blooming scarlet, that If it weren't for the neon lights on the bar she would've been mistaken for having high fever.

Joy smirked, “Atta girl!” Joy whooped and did a little shimmy on her seat. Wendy guffawed, it felt nice to be a bit confident and do something risky once in a while, it's not as if she's letting go of her morality as a person, in a bar, with a theoretical, possible relationship with a man.

She shook her head, no stop ruminating. 

“Now that that's settled, I call dibs on the broad shouldered babe.”

Wendy side eyes that part of the room and finally, getting tired of her position faces the counter instead of Joy and glanced for a bit before saying, “You barely saw his face.” Wendy sips on her beer.

“Not the point.” joy waved a hand on Wendy's face, “I saw his profile. And it was gorgeous.”

Wendy rolled her shoulders, her muscles felt a bit tight, but more so, she knows certain eyes were on her, she stretches her neck for good measure though.

Joy gulped, “Madam, if you keep on doing that I'm afraid I would be drinking all alone in a few moments.” 

“Good.” Wendy winks at Joy's aghast face, “That was the plan.”

“Who are you and what have you done to my friend?!” Joy blabbered as she pointed an accusing finger on Wendy.

Wendy laughed, the sound making it's way into too interested set of ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoongi!” Seokjin waved a hand on his ‘supposed’ companion. 

“Yeah?” the man answered, but was spacing out on the scene over Seokjin's shoulder.

Seokjin rolled his eyes, if he didn't know any better, his friend is ogling another person at the bar, he turned his head then

And viola!

“Yoongi!” seokjin says more persistently this time. 

Damnit Seokjin, Yoongi thought finally meeting his friends eyes.

“I'm just checking if she's my type.” Yoongi reasoned, before being presented with evidence. 

“Dude, we've been sitting here for an hour and half of it you're somewhere in dreamland or something.”

“I take my time, okay?” Yoongi takes a swig at his beer. 

“Seriously. Is this another episode of ‘I'm-a-bad-flirt-so-im-gonna-stare-at-you-untill-you-fall-in-love-with-me?’ because that's what seems to be happening here.”

“Way to go, poking fun at my incapacity to seduce a female. Whatta friend.”

Seokjin leaned forward, “you're gorgeous, okay? Not my type of gorgeous but still gorgeous.”

Yoongi sputtered “Are.. Are you drunk now? Is this a confession because, hell, man this is awkward.”

“No. Listen I'm straight as a pringle. But deducing from your past nightly escapades you never get the woman with just staring.”

“And so?” Yoongi glared at him, but listened nonetheless, because in his world Seokjin is the epitome of machismo. 

“So you smoulder. Like this.”

Yoongi makes a disgusted sound on his throat, “No, I'm not doing that.” 

“Trust me. That's how I get all the girls.”

Yoongi sneaked one more look at the woman on the counter. It would be unfair to him to use words as pretty and beautiful, she's beyond that, but he couldn't think of a word that's fitting for the sight in front of him - not with all the alcohol swirling in his system. 

Defining it into just a word is just… an unforgiveable crime, a travesty.

And oh god.

Why is she rolling her shoulders in that sinful way.

“Yoongi. “

Did she just laugh? Oh my god, that's just a masterpiece, I should say?

“Earth to Yoongi. Hello.” 

“Jin.”

“Yes. in finally.”

“I'm doing it.”

“Great. Try it with me.” seokjin beckoned, positioning himself in front of Yoongi.

Yoongi scrunched up his eyebrows, tilted his head a bit down and parted his lips slightly.

Seokjin looked, before saying “Dude, you're gonna scare her off.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Wendy.”

“Joy.” she mused, her eyes half lidded, her glances towards the other side of the bar are now liberal. 

“You have to move faster before you're sleepy drunk self sleeps on this blonde guy.”

“Okay okay.” wendy straightened her back. 

All or nothing… All or nothing.

“is he still there?” 

“yep.” Joy nods. 

“he's still looking?” Wendy prods. 

“pretty much.”

“Here I go, wish me luck.”

Wendy tucks a hair strand on her ears, faced the other side of the bar and rests an elbow on the bar top, her chin cupped in her hand.

“A come hither position.” Joy announced, like an excitable chick that she is, broadcasting the events that's taking place. 

On the other side of the room, Yoongi was a bit taken aback as the woman's chair swiveled in their direction. 

YEP, she was tantalising

“It seemed that you took the target by surprise, a great start from Ms. Wendy.”

Yoongi followed suit immediately, however, relaxing a bit, rolling his shoulders as she did before and craning his neck, before smirking towards Wendy's direction.

“Wow. A bold move from blondie. He's giving you a taste of your own medicine. What now?”

Wendy smuggly held her drink, took a long swig and after drags her tongue across her lips and winked.

Joy fanned herself with her fingers, “Is it burning in here, I suddenly feel hot. Phew.”

But Yoongi isn't one to be easily discouraged, he took Jin's words, and gave his best smoulder.

“Joy…”

“What in the world was that? Is that supposed to be a smoulder?”

“He scrunched his nose.”

From across the room Seokjin gave a loud guffaw.

Wendy lost her composure, giggled and turned a shade of scarlet.

“You just found that cute?” Joy blatantly asked. 

“OMG! he's cute, I'm adopting him. I'm gonna take him home. Please please please let me adopt him.”