to love and be loved

to love and be loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hoseok is a hugely sentimental person. Especially when it comes to relationships. Especially when it comes to a relationship with the person he loves with all his heart. Especially with Min Yoongi, his one and only. 

Yoongi would often inform Hoseok that he was cheesy and perhaps he was, but Yoongi also adored that about him. The younger went out of his way to make the older blush with all of his antics and made sure to get him plenty of gifts. Balloons, flowers, and food of all kinds for every minor occasion and everything he deemed notable. He didn't even need reasons sometimes, he just did it for the heck of it. 

Hoseok possessed no preference in showing his affection, instead performing in many ways rather than one. In fact, there was not one way he failed to show his love for Yoongi. Yoongi wasn't sure what the greatest way he welcomed affection was but whatever it ended up being, Hoseok covered that field entirely. To Yoongi, he grossly reciprocated all that Hoseok could do, unable to come even close to his habits and expressions of love. Hoseok was on a whole new level and Yoongi truly admired and cherished every prospect. 

Their time together was not short. The pair were creeping up on three years together and neither Hoseok nor Yoongi had ever properly celebrated their anniversaries. They were always too occupied to really do anything for the special occasion. Their first anniversary was on a night when Yoongi had to rush out of town and back to Daegu due to a critical family emergency. Their second-year celebration plans had been canceled due to Hoseok being deathly ill with the stomach flu that lasted a good nine days before letting up. By the time he recovered, they had moved on and were living life like they normally did when they were together. 

Unlike Hoseok, Yoongi wasn't terribly sentimental nor was he one to celebrate much. He would acknowledge that there was something to celebrate, but typically, it was all Hoseok who blew it up and made it appear as though it was the most important occurrence on Earth. Yoongi appreciated the effort but if it were up to him, he would prefer sitting on the couch with his boyfriend and watching a movie. He didn't require a fancy dinner or a large sum of money spent on him to feel loved. Hoseok did plenty of that by himself without any of the material stuff. 

This time around though, Hoseok was determined to celebrate this anniversary right. He was going to throw a huge celebration, just him and Yoongi, no one else. Balloons, food, dessert, roses, fairy lights, gifts, all the works that would make anyone who sees it jealous. This anniversary was going to be gorgeous and perfect and Yoongi would cry as soon as he laid eyes on what Hoseok had put together for him. He was absolutely sure of it.

Hoseok had a song in the works for Yoongi as well. He was going to sing it to him tonight with an ukulele (read: oo-koo-lay-lay) strumming in his hands. The younger had been learning to play the instrument for the past two months out of earshot of Yoongi so the older never heard him practicing. Hoseok was going to splurge on Yoongi and was going to make him feel like the most special person ever. Hoseok was going to cover every aspect and Yoongi wasn't even going to see it coming. All of his senses were going to be hit and he was going to be overwhelmed and overstimulated by the pure love Hoseok was going to shower him with. 

Only Hoseok scrapped all his plans once he had met up with Jungkook with Yoongi in tow for lunch. Jimin had been off at work even though it was planned for all of them to attend. Something had come up at the last minute and he was unable to attend their planned lunch together, instead staying behind and profusely apologizing on the other side of the phone to both Hoseok and Yoongi. They easily forgave him, not blaming his work as a viable option for the cold shoulder. This was perfect for Jungkook though as he relayed all his plans for what was in store for the couple in the near future. He was just as cheesy as Hoseok if not more. 

"Our anniversary is in a month, as you know," Jungkook had started off after shoving a large bite of his lunch into his mouth. Cold noodles and duck, "And I have the perfect plan for everything," he had the horrible habit of chewing with his mouth open but they were all so used to it and didn't find it offensive at all. They found it odd if he didn't chew with his mouth open. 

"Spill," Hoseok encouraged as he sipped on his Sprite, "Tell us all the details. Start from the beginning and what you're going to do," Yoongi rolled his eyes with a noticeable chuckle as he continued to eat his lunch in silence. Hoseok was the opposite. He wanted to hear every heartfelt detail, cute, and adorable notion Jungkook was going to pull when it came to his boyfriend of almost one year. Hoseok was corny like that. 

Jungkook smiled proudly and swallowed his mouthful before speaking, "So, I'm going to pick him up and give him a bouquet of two dozen roses and put a blindfold on him before we leave the apartment and tell him that I'm going to take him somewhere. He'll ask questions and all that but I won't answer with anything direct. I'll take him to where we first met. The park, you know the story."

Jimin had been on a run at the public park and so had Jungkook, running along the path that was set out specifically for that. It had been accidental, a mix of distraction and pure infatuation as Jungkook spotted Jimin running the opposite direction as him. Jungkook's blatant staring had failed him as he veered towards Jimin unknowingly and ran into him, knocking them both down and onto the concrete path. Jimin had spit a slew of profanities at Jungkook and how he should watch where he's going. Jungkook had handled the situation very well and had offered to get him some ice for his wrist that he had fallen on and a few bandages for his elbow that was bleeding. Jimin obliged and nodded and that's how they ended up getting to know each other. They saw each other a few more times on their morning runs and they eventually exchanged numbers. This led to their current relationship almost a year later. 

"So I'll take him there, and I'll have a picnic set up under the pavilion that's right next to the trail. I'll have fairy lights all strung up along the banisters and the pillars, there will be rose petals all over the place, and I'll have his favorite meal all cooked and ready, waiting on the table when we get there. I'm having Taehyung hyung help me with setting up, he'll make sure no one touches what's on the table and he'll bring the food right before I get there so it stays hot. When we've eaten, I'm going to bring my camera out and take pictures of Jimin under all those fairy lights and with all those flowers and he's going to look the prettiest he's ever been," he slurped another mouthful of noodles, "I mean, not that he's not already the prettiest person ever, but it will be even better when he feels all special like that, genuine joy on his face. What do you guys think?" he asked, searching for validation and possibly any suggestions from Hoseok, the love king. 

Hoseok's heart was soaring because he was doing almost the same thing. He was bringing Yoongi not to where they first met since that was in a bar, but he was going to bring the older to where they had their first date. Their first date had been at the Han River, Hoseok's idea entirely as the romantic he is. They had gone at night when the lights were on, bright and colorful. Hoseok had brought along a backpack full of snacks to share with Yoongi and even better, a bottle of wine they were going to split with two plastic wine glasses he also brought along. Plastic so they wouldn't break. Hoseok had everything he needed in that backpack and he was going to bring everything he needed for their anniversary date in two days. Hoseok was going to have someone deliver food from Yoongi's favorite restaurant to their location at the Han River and they were going to eat it there while they sat on the benches. Hoseok was going to bring a blanket to keep them warm in the chilly night air. He was also going to bring the same wine he brought on their first date and maybe a little whiskey since Yoongi was a fan of it. He could handle his alcohol a lot better than Hoseok could. 

Hoseok had everything planned to the last detail and Yoongi was going to love it. Then at the end, he was going to document everything, but he only had h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter