05. Reunion

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


05. Reunion

 

 

I've heard that I'm quite good at turning down invites. And every time, I would always laugh, and make an excuse that I'm just busy with something. But I don't think it would be the case this time.

 

It was a Thursday morning when I heard the doorbell ringing repeatedly as if there's no tomorrow. I am awake but still in bed, my mind wondering on the corners of my room but suddenly got interrupted by the annoying doorbell.

 

It turns out it was Jisoo. She told me that she went to the restaurant, thinking I was there but my staff told her that I'm still home, so she came and kept annoying me about a reunion tonight.

 

"You don't have any reason to leave this out. Besides, you promised to make it up to me, remember?" she nagged. She sure is the queen of nagging, huh? No wonder it became her nickname back when we were in high school.

 

What she said is true. I really have no reason to leave this out but I'm kind of worried of what might happen later. I'm sure that everyone will be there, if not, most of our batch.

 

"Tell me, is someone stopping you from going?" she concluded right away when I wasn't even thinking about it.

 

"What are y-you talking about? That's nonsense," I stuttered. I did not expect her to say that. Where did she even get that idea?

 

"So, you're going," it wasn't a question. She smirked, knowing that she won, and I couldn't say a word. I glared at her, accepting my defeat. 

 

Everything seems fine that night, actually. Not like what I thought it would be. It's always good to see my old friends and meet new acquaintances, that is, if I'm not hurting.

 

I wouldn't want to admit it to myself during her engagement, but now, it's different. Seeing her enter the reunion hall with her fiancé made me happy and sad at the same time. I am happy for her. But I can't help but be sadden, feeling like she's completely forgotten me.

 

Jisoo and Rosé invited them on our ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter