Chapter 1

Begin Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-2023-

 

If there’s one thing that Jennie regretted now was that she didn’t learn how to drive when she was younger. She had only started driving a little over 6 months ago and she was still getting used to the responsibility of being the one controlling the wheel. She was having a mental debate of whether to overtake a 10-wheeler truck that has been driving the middle of the road, causing her to drive awfully slow. She tilted her left wrist, thinking that she had her watch around it, only to realize half a second later that she wore her watch on her right. It was 5 minutes past 8 pm. She was extremely late. The plane supposed to have landed 20 minutes ago. She tightened her grip on the wheel and stepped on the accelerator as she bravely overtook the truck. She couldn’t be late.

 

If only she had the courage to write a 2- week notice, she wouldn't have had been late. Her senior tried to talk her out of her sudden resignation but she already made up her mind. Knowing that she was very stubborn, her senior gave up and just wished her luck with what­ever she was going to do with her life.

 

She arrived at the airport an hour after the expected arrival time. Thankfully, she was able to park her car immediately, she grabbed her bag from the passenger seat before she got out of the car. She took long strides towards the arrival area, hoping that the girls haven’t been waiting for too long.

 

When she checked for flight details, she realized that the girls' flight was actually delayed. She tried to stop herself from yawning, but failed to do so. She had not slept for almost 40 hours and was in dire need for caffeine. Figuring out that she still had time to spare, she proceeded to the nearest coffee shop and ordered a venti cup of hot caramel macchiato. She added more milk and 3 packets of sugar before she took a big gulp, burning her tongue in the process. She didn't even flinch. It made her feel more alive than ever.

 

----------------

 

The girls arrived a little over 10 pm. Jennie was grateful that the both of them were asleep. She cried her heart out when she first saw them. They have gotten so big. It seemed like it was only yesterday that she held them into her arms. Now, they were both 5.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter