Chapter 5

DANCE WITH ME

The sun breaking through the windows woke me the next morning. I felt as if I was drifting out to a restless sea on an unsound airbed. It took a few seconds for the eerie swaying to stop so that I could focus.

 

My cheek rested on a pillow smelling of pine trees and warmth. I inhaled deeply, wanting to keep that scent, and opened my eyes to stare at the sensual lips of Byul. I can’t stop questioning myself how can someone look so y and hard to resist even in her sleep.

 

My hand was placed perfectly on her chest, rose and fell with her slow, even breaths.

 

Holy cow, what the hell happened? How did I even end up in bed with her? Checking on myself. Thank god I still have my clothes on.

 

Heck, I should have never come to this party.

 

Now, my only thought was run. But shock kept me pinned to the bed as I became aware of the entangled position Byul and I had taken on in our sleep.

 

Lying on my right, my left leg was slung over her hip. My calf rested neatly on her groin. She lay on her back, her left leg bent so, that I wouldn’t be able to withdraw mine. I tried to stop my body from shivering. No chance.

 

Not daring to wake her, I didn’t move, frantically running through the options I had.

 

Great, there were none. I was trapped.

 

Maybe if I lay still, pretending to be fast asleep, until she woke up and got out of bed first, then I could sneak out after her and be gone before she noticed. I would have slapped myself for that idea if I could remove my hand from her chest.

 

As if my eyes had their own mind, they travelled down her gorgeous body. Her shirt was slightly pulled up revealing her nice toned abs, my eyes keep on travelling down until it reach to her fair and silky white legs. Her bent leg seemed amazingly long. I never paid attention, but she must be more than a centimetre taller than me.

 

Crap I feel like a creep.

 

My gaze swept up to her soft neck and the part of her face not covered with her arm. A perfect, straight and pointy nose and thin lips.  Above her left eye was a mole, exactly like mine on the right. One would never notice unless close to her, like I was now. Wow we somehow match.

 

Suddenly her lips twitched.

 

“I can feel you staring at me,” she said in the softest wake-up voice I’d ever heard. “I only hope you’re a girl and not one of the drunken guys.”

 

My breath caught in my chest. I jerked my hand back from her. Not taking her arm away from her face yet, she reached down with her other hand. And slowly ran her palm over my thigh in the direction of my bum.

 

“Yep, definitely female,” she purred.

 

In panic, I held her hand in place. “Move another inch, Byul, and you’re dead.”

 

Surprised amusement filled her chuckle.

 

A strange heat rose from my gut to my head as I studied her hand on my bare skin.

 

I felt awkward for not letting go of her hand on my leg, but I was too scared she’d continue the path she’d started if I did.

 

“Tell me, Yongsun-shi,” she said as she dropped her arm to the pillow and tilted her head to study me with warm eyes. “Why do I have you in my bed, when I’m not allowed to touch you?”

 

“I didn’t know there were strawberries in the soda,” I whined.

 

Her brow furrowed, her lips pursed. “Come again?”

 

Jeez, did she not realize that she was still holding my leg, and how very uncomfortable and excited it made me? “Someone was getting me sweet soda all evening.” My voice shook slightly. “I didn’t realize it was the wine cooler you meant when you said…”

 

“…not to touch the strawberries,” she finished for me, closing her eyes. “Damn, I told her not to punch it too much.”

 

What? The wine cooler? I was pretty sure I had a tad too much of that stuff.

A frown creased Byul’s brows as she looked at me again. “Sorry, I didn’t that you were so weak to alcohol. Yet it was your first time coming to my party”

 

“Not your fault. You’ve already warned me.”

 

A smirk played around one corner of . “You know we could stay like this a little longer if you want...” Her thumb had started drawing small circles on my skin. “…but still, would you mind moving your leg? Or is it one night of cuddling not enough?”

 

My eyes widened at her seductive threat.

 

“What?” she smiled.

 

I needed to get out of here. Back to…back to… Damn, Byul had a nice smile.

 

I shoved that thought away and let go of her hand, then pushed her leg down so I could remove mine from her groin. I was out of her bed faster than the transatlantic. But the aftermath of drinking hit me harder than I had expected.

 

The floor rushed to me or I did, I couldn’t tell which.

 

Her hands cupped my elbows, and she steadied me before I was going to fall. She waited until my gaze locked with hers. “Feel better?”

 

“Not really.” I tried to find my shoes. They lay at the end of the bed, and I wiggled out of her hold to put them on.

 

Barefoot, she padded from the room. I followed her down the stairs, gazing at her back down to legs, her legs look so soft.

 

“Hey, Byul,” someone called from the hall to which we descended.

 

Oh, that’s Sandeul from B1A4, panicking I cover my face with my hair.

 

“Morning, Sandeul,” Byul replied to him lying sprawled on the sofa. I felt my face turn a deep red when the heat shot to my cheeks. God, I should have jumped out of her window instead of being subject to this embarrassment. I hated giving anyone the wrong ideas. And there were quite a few leftover guests from last night. Some was staring at me as we passed by.

 

The front door called to me, promising freedom. But Byul had different ideas and pulled me into the kitchen. When she released my hand, I stood rigid in the middle of the room with the marble floor, while she headed for the fridge.

 

She grabbed two bottles of water, unscrewed them, and dropped a tablet in both which she’d fetched from a cupboard. The tablet was still dissolving as she handed me one and then leaned against the counter, legs crossed at the ankles, drinking from the other.

 

I didn’t dare take a sip.

 

“Why so sceptic, Yongsun-shi? It will help your headache.”

 

After this innocent looking berry drink that landed me in this situation…yeah, I was. But since she drank the same stuff, I figured I was safe. Reluctantly, I sniffed the water then sipped.

 

“You don’t trust me?” She chuckled and drank some more.

 

“How could I? I woke up with a hangover from a soda and with a stranger sleeping next to me half of the night.”

 

“Ouch, that’s kind a harsh.” She pouted. “Come on, I thought we were getting close and here you are calling me stranger”

 

Oh. My. Gosh. Did she just pouted? That was the cutest pouted I have ever see in my whole damn life. I bit my lips trying hard not squeal to that.

 

Behave Kim Yongsun. You got Wheein, she’s cuter.

 

“Look, as long as you keep hydrated today, you’ll be fine.”

 

I winced, not believing her one second. “It feels like someone installed a construction site in my head.”

 

“Oh yeah, I know the feeling. If you give me a minute to get ready, I’ll drive you home.”

 

“No!” Ah hell, panicky shouting wasn’t a good idea. I grimaced, pressing my temples until the throbbing eased. “No thanks,” I tried again in a calmer tone, just wanting out of this house. “I’ll be happy to take the walk and sober up before meeting my parents. My mom will freak out.”

 

“Suit yourself.” She walked me to the front door. “Want my sunglasses?”

 

“Why would I want your sunglasses?” The moment I pulled open the door I knew why.

 

Like a vampire, I flinched back into the shade.

 

And right into her arms. And damn enticing one.

 

She reached around, holding out her shades to me which she had fetched from where I didn’t know. The scent of pure Byul enveloped me. For a millisecond, the screaming in my aching head stopped, and I was about to faint for a different reason.

 

“I know what you want.” I could hear the mocking smile in her voice when she said it into my ear. I swallowed hard, only then realizing she meant her sunglasses.

 

Putting on the shades, I pushed away from her and trudged outside, down the steps.

 

“Yongsun-shi,” Byul called after me, and I turned. “We’ll start your practice tomorrow morning. Be up and ready at five. I’ll pick you up.”

 

My jaw hit my chest as she said it and shut the door.