Our first meet-up

Park - Jenlisa
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

**Jennie’s POV**

“Are you ready to go grab some breakfast?” My mom asked, we recently just relocated to this new town to start afresh because of my dad’s recent passing. He wasn’t the ideal husband or father that you would want, thus we quickly moved out and settled here.  

While we were walking around the park, I saw this tall girl with an ash grey hair arguing with this guy, maybe it’s her boyfriend? I don’t know, but I kept looking at them and their heated argument until I heard my mom calling out to me, “stop looking, let’s go.”

“I’m going to an interview later, a waitress in a restaurant nearby our house.” My mom announced, “so after our breakfast, you can head back home first.”

“Alright.” I replied, still looking back for the girl that intrigued me.

After our breakfast, I walked back the same path in the park that I was on earlier and I saw the same girl, sitting alone on the bench, crying while drinking alcohol in her hip flask.

I decided to approach her.

“Hey, you alright? Do you need anything?” I started, while sitting down beside her.

“Yes, I need to be alone, please just leave me alone!” the girl snapped.  

“I – Okay, I’m sorry. It’s just that I saw you and your boyfriend earlier, arguing and… never mind, I’ll just go.” I apologised, while I was getting ready to go, she stopped me.

“Wait, I didn’t mean to shout at you, I’m sorry… I think I’m fine, thanks for asking.” The girl sniffled, she’s still crying.

I went back beside her, “so what was it then?”

“It’s just…” she sighed, “I just don’t understand guys. It’s like they are from another world, all they care is about themselves, they only want to have fun and gets mad when they’re the one at fault.”

I didn’t know what to say, because truth to be told, I’ve not dated anyone yet so I’m no expert in that area, thus I decided to change the topic.

“Your outfit is really nice,” I complimented. She was wearing this white sleeveless top with an outer wear and a light blue trumpet pants.

The girl quickly took a glance at my outfit which got me feeling insecure, “nah, don’t look at me, I am nowhere near your level, you’re wearing all these designer clothes, while I’m wearing a simple red t-shirt and jeans.” I chuckled.

“Well, I think you have a wide variety of style to choose from… Anyways, money is overrated.” The girl shrugged.

“Oh, so you don’t care about money?” I questioned.

The girl shook her head and continued to drink from her flask.

“Well then, give me everything you have.” I said, trying to sound serious.

To my surprise, the girl looked back at me in shock and I can see her preparing to run away.

“Oh my god, I was just kidding! It was a joke!” I laughed and it’s the first time I saw her smile throughout our whole conversation.

“Lisa,” she beamed at me while offering her hand.

“Jennie,” I accepted her hand and went in for that handshake.

We decided to take a walk together around the park once she had stop

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter