sweet

Xiaoyang Stories

“hey it’s not my fault” laughed xiaojun as he batted away yangyang’s hands while shielding himself. “yeah it is I was about to win! you distracted me!” grumbled yangyang as he chased & trapped xiaojun in the corner of their room. yangyang was in the middle of an intense fortnite round when xiaojun walked in & started pestering him about random nonsense. yangyang has never been that keen on multi-tasking which was why he ended up losing the game. “have mercy!” xiaojun playfully pleaded while clasping his hands together in front of him. yangyang put both of his hands on his hips & smirked, knowing he had xiaojun right where he wanted. “now what should I do with you?” he started while menacingly wiggling his fingers towards the direction the other boy was huddled in. xiaojun’s eyes widened because he knew what was coming, “please, no!” he shook his head. all he got in response was an evil cackle as yangyang pounced, proceeding to tickle xiaojun relentlessly. “s-stop! p-pl-please!” he wheezed trying shield himself from the relentless assault. yangyang’s only response was to laugh even louder & move his fingers faster. yangyang had first found out he was ticklish on accident & frequently used it to his advantage. all that could be heard from their empty dorm was boisterous laughter since the other members had gone out to eat. 

 

xiaojun used his last ounce of strength to break out of the corner of their room for an attempt at the door with yangyang right on his tail. he didn’t notice the charging wire for yangyang’s controller in front of his ankles & before he knew it, both of them toppled over onto the floor with a thud. xiaojun landed on his side &  gasped while getting his remaining giggles out. after about 15 seconds he realized yangyang was silent on top of him so he turned slightly which left him laying on his a back & looked up. yangyang was staring at him with a blank expression. xiaojun was suddenly aware of their position & a blush began to stain his cheeks. “uh-um I’m-“ “are you okay?” yangyang cut him off in a gentle tone. it was one of those instances where their minds weren’t on the same wavelength; a frequently common occurrence nowadays. xiaojun kept looking into yangyang’s eyes as he spoke, their faces being a rulers length apart, “yeah...I’m fine” answered xiaojun finally looking away due to embarrassment. he didn’t know what to say as he wondered why yangyang wasn’t getting up. “you know” said yangyang with his forearms still on each side of xiaojun’s head, “you never gave me a reason on why you decided to pop quiz me & mess with my hair while I was busy kicking ...” xiaojun shrugged but still wouldn’t look at him, “I was just bored & thought it’d be fun to tease you a little bit.” he tried to sound as convincing as possible but judging by yangyang’s silence he knew it was pointless. xiaojun sighed with his heart pounding knowing the other boy could feel it, before he responded again because he knew yangyang was waiting on the truth. “we haven’t really talked..that much or done something together in a long time....I just...I-I missed you” he finished with a stutter knowing his pride was out the window. he thought about how for weeks yangyang & him barely had time to do anything together because of their schedules. additionally, they were so exhausted that regular conversation was reduced to the occasional “good morning” or “good night.” xiaojun wasn’t lying when he said he missed the other boy, speaking of, yangyang was surprisingly quiet. xiaojun finally looked up & what he saw had his face flushing even darker than before. yangyang was looking at with a tender expression xiaojun couldn’t describe. “that’s sweet..” he whispered “I’m sorry I didn’t notice how you were feeling sooner because if I did I wou-“ “it’s not your fault...” xiaojun cut him off. “we can’t control what our schedules are like & things are bound to get a bit jumbled...” he finished without breaking eye contact. “....I guess you’re right, but I’m still sorry anyway. I promise I’ll try to pay more attention to you & everything else around me.” xiaojun felt warmth in his belly after hearing yangyang specifically mention him. he paused for a couple seconds, “me too....I’m sorry about making you lose your game.” yangyang scoffed with a laugh “that doesn’t matter to me anymore.” xiaojun shyly smiled back at him & after that both of them went silent, opting to secretly admire each other. 

 

neither of them knew how long they stayed there like that on the soft rug before yangyang moved one of arms. he used the back of his index finger to start tracing  the features of the boy beneath him. xiaojun watched yangyang with glazed eyes before eventually shutting them as yangyang’s hand glided over his eyelids. it was an incredibly intimate gesture that had both of them secretly wanting more. yangyang abruptly moved his hand away & placed his arm back in its original position. xiaojun opened his eyes to see yangyang’s face even closer than before. his breathing sped up & he unsurely placed his own hands that were previously at his sides on yangyang’s shoulders. both of them had fantasized about this in the past, they let their eyes fall shut as they closed the gap slowly.

 

their lips barely touched before they heard their room door opening

 

“hey guys we brought ba-“ hendery stopped mid-sentence & gaped before scrambling to cover his eyes when he took in their comprising position. xiaojun & yangyang looked like a deer caught in headlights. “....s-sorry for disturbing you...i-i-i..theresfoodforyouinthekitchen!” he quickly squeaked before unintentionally slamming their door closed.

 

xiaojun was completely mortified. he  groaned while moving his hands away from yangyang’s shoulders to cover his own face. the realization of everything hitting him at once. he peeked through his fingers after he heard yangyang laugh a little bit. “man...that was really something wasn’t it?” he beamed & xiaojun would think he was un-phased if it wasn’t for the blush staining his cheeks. the speed at which he stood up had xiaojun flinching before he offered his hand to help him up. xiaojun was amazed at his quick change of mood. “come on! I’m starving!” he said as he hoisted the other boy up. xiaojun hadn’t said anything in awhile because words couldn’t express how he was feeling. what’d happened between them was the inevitable of a long buildup, now it was unknown if things would come crashing down or continue rising & reaching new heights. xiaojun was about to voice all of his concerns & try to get clarification from yangyang on where they stood or what they were now. words died in his throat as yangyang pecked him on the cheek. “stop thinking, we’ll be fine!” he said with the most endearing smile xiaojun had ever seen. yangyang was right, they had plenty of time to talk whenever because they weren’t going anywhere. xiaojun sported a grin of his own, happiness, excitement, & trust filling his mind. “okay...let’s eat!”