A Trip to Remember

Unrequited Love Complication
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The morning of the next Monday, Amu's family announced another idea which was met by a definite "NO" from Amu.

 

"There's no way I'm going on that onsen trip with you guys, especially with him." Amu protested.

 

"We already bought the tickets. It's just this weekend with us and their family- to get to know each other more." Her dad replied. 

 

"Mom, aren't you close with the Yamada family?" Amu asked.

 

"Yes, I am." 

 

"Then I don't see a point of our families coming along when all you two really want to do is have me bond with with their son." The younger girl bluntly replied as her dad frowned. 

 

"So you're saying that you'll go with him if we don't come along?" Her dad asked. 

 

"No, I'm saying that I'll go with him if two of my other friends come along instead. There's no way I'm going to be alone with him for an entire weekend."  

 

Amu's parents glanced at each other for a while before her mom spoke up again. "Which friends?" 

 

Amu paused for a second as she debated whether or not she should tell the truth. Eventually, she gave into her thoughts and decided that telling the truth in this scenario might be the better option. Afterall, her dad needs to hear this specific name sooner than later. "Rio-chan, and Arioka-kun." Amu finally said. 

 

"ARIO-K!" Amu's dad chocked on his food. After gulping half of his soup, he began to spoke up again. "ARIOKA?! You mean THAT Arioka?" 

 

"He's close to Yamada and Rio is close to me. I don't want to just invite girls over and leave him alone without a friend." Amu explained which isn't entirely lying. 

 

"Fine. That seems reasonable.." Her dad agreed. ".. But that's only if you think you'll be able to sign the marriage papers next week." 

 

"NEXT WEEK?!" Amu exclaimed. "We're only nineteen!" 

 

"Both of you are almost adults and besides, our's and the Yamada family's investors are expecting a high return on their money at the end of month. We need each other's businesses to prevent bankruptcy." 

 

"But that's so unfair." 

 

"I'm sorry Amu... but I'll call the Yamada family right now to inform them of the change in plans. It's the least I can do for you." 

 

--

 

Amu's mind was clouded with worries and as soon as she bumped into Rio in the classroom, she spilled all of it onto her. 

 

"But what if I had plans for this weekend?" Rio asked. 

 

"You do?!" Amu exclaimed. 

 

"I don't but what if I wanted to sleep in?" Rio yawned as Amu threw glares at her. 

 

Before Amu was able to say anything back to her, a sudden wave of giggles and gasps filled the classroom. The two girls glanced towards the source of these sounds and were surprised to see Ryosuke come in. However, the classroom immediately fell silent when he leaned over and placed a kiss on Rio's cheek. "Morning babe." He smiled at her, taking his usual seat in front of her. 

 

Amu and Rio were also left for words. Rio smiled back, feeling her face turn hot. "M-morning..."

 

"Oh, did you tell Yamada-san about this weekend? I was surprised that you convinced your parents to let us go on the trip with friends." Ryosuke asked, referring Amu by Rio's name.

 

Rio didn't know what to say so Amu quickly took over. "Amu told me all about it already. Doesn't it to have your family tag along?"

 

"Yeah, it does. That's why I was so relieved when I heard about the change in plans." Ryosuke replied, taking off his uniform jacket. "I didn't know you two were that close."

 

At this moment, Daiki came strolling into the class

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter