four to one

turning tables

“i’ll do it. not for my freedom, but to protect wheein. she doesn’t deserve to live in constant fear that i’m being hunted. i would never let her get hurt, especially not while trying to protect me from all the vampire hunters you would send after me.” yongsun says, even though she feels her heart being torn apart. 

“touching. i never would’ve thought you cared so much for her. well, you have four days to spend here. do whatever you want to do here then pack your bags and leave.” byulyi replies without any emotion. 

 

 

 

four

 

yongsun almost breaks down in tears the next day when she sees wheein. it takes her every ounce of strength to act like everything is okay. like she’s not going to leave her in three days. she finds every excuse to hug wheein, and takes every chance she gets to hold the younger in her arms. her kisses are no longer soft and sweet, now needy and desperate. she doesn’t want to forget how wheein’s lips feel against her own, how sweet she tastes, how her feather light touches make yongsun so weak. she doesn’t want to forget the way wheein looks at her, her eyes sparkling with love and affection, the way wheein’s head always rests on her shoulder, the way her hand fits perfectly into yongsun’s, and how she’s so beautiful in every way. everything about wheein that yongsun has come to love, she burns it into her mind. her adorable dimple, her smile that yongsun adores so much, her laughter that always seemed to make everything better. 

and yongsun can’t believe she’ll never get to see any of those things again. that she’ll never get to see wheein again. almost six months together, such a short time but one that made yongsun so happy. she doesn’t think she will ever forget how wheein brought a world of sunshine and rainbows to hers. 

at least she is better now. that is all that yongsun wanted for her. for her to let herself free, for her to be happy. and yongsun is glad she could be wheein’s happiness even for such a short time. for wheein was her happiness in this short period of time, too. 

 

“wheein...” yongsun utters her name like it’s a sacred word. for she might never be able to say her name ever again. “i really like you. i like you so much, wheein. i don’t think i’ve ever liked someone this way before,” 

“i really like you too, unnie,” wheein giggles. some day. some day she will tell her she loves her. 

“it’s nice seeing you so happy, please never stop smiling. it’s the most beautiful thing, you shouldn’t hide it.” yongsun’s mouth curves upwards at wheein’s smile and her cute, puppy-like behaviour. 

“i’ll smile every second of the day if you like seeing it. and my smile isn’t the most beautiful thing, you are.” wheein smiles again, her eyes shining and her brilliantly bright smile showing yongsun a world of innocence. and yongsun wonders, how wheein still has such innocence in her. even with her job, and the things she makes yongsun feel, she’s both the devil and the angel. 

 

 

 

three

 

another day passes, the countdown yongsun has unconsciously started in her mind going down. another day she spends with wheein, feeling the guilt slowly drowning her. another day she likes wheein even more, another day that she falls in love with everything of wheein. her husky but ever so sweet voice, her softest, gentlest hands that yongsun holds as tight as she can. her cherry red lips that yongsun meets with her own, her short blonde locks that yongsun runs her hand through. 

her endless amount of happiness and joy that yongsun has given to her. her smiles and her laughter and everything about her, yongsun tries her best to remember it all. how her eyes sparkle and shine, how she smiles at yongsun with all the love she has to offer. 

yongsun smiles back at her, pushes her hair away from her beautiful hazel eyes, laughs at the silly jokes she makes. maybe so she can pretend none of this is happening. this is how it’s supposed to be. her and wheein together. they were supposed to be happy. they were supposed to love. 

 

and love, wheein did. 

 

she loved yongsun with everything she had, gave her everything she had to offer. which was not much, just her broken heart, her vulnerable soul and the chaos inside her, a whirling tornado of her pain and fears. and somehow, yongsun had managed to take them all away. yongsun had pieced her broken heart together, protected her vulnerable soul, stopped the chaos inside her. taken away every little bit of pain and every fear wheein had. yongsun had mended her, helped her be better. wheein would never be fixed, she knew that and yongsun knew that. amidst all this, wheein can only hope yongsun has gotten better too. 

 

 

 

two

 

wheein wheein wheein wheein wheein her mind chants, like a mantra. like she’s praying that this is all fake, that everything is alright. wheein goes to classes. she sits in wheein’s apartment, waiting. something she has become very familiar with the past two days. she takes in wheein’s scent that is everywhere. she blinks back the tears threatening to fall. she takes deep breaths and she imagines. she imagines what life will be without wheein. the thought of it sends a wave of emotions through her, none of them good. she decides she will not think about that now. she will spend time with wheein, distracting her from her work and hugging her small body at every chance she gets. 

wheein returns from classes, excited because the holidays are in two days. even more excited to see the person she loves sleeping peacefully on her couch. she doesn’t wake her up, instead heading into the kitchen to make herself dinner. the sound wheein makes from cooking wakes yongsun up. a pair of strong arms wrap around the younger’s waist, hot breath tickling her neck before it’s replaced with gentle lips. 

“good evening to you too, unnie,” wheein laughs, bright and sunny. beautiful, yongsun thinks. so very beautiful. 

“laugh again, please?” yongsun doesn’t care how weird she sounds right now. she just needs to hear an angel’s laugh, so she can make it through the pain. 

“why don’t you say something funny so i can have something to laugh about, then?” wheein smiles, a ray of sunshine. yongsun places a kiss on her dimple. 

“something funny,” the older says. wheein laughs, warm and loving. it’s a lame joke, but wheein loves it because it’s yongsun. yongsun hears the sound of an angel’s laughter, warming her heart and soul completely. 

she captures this precious moment in her mind, engraves it into her shattered heart. this precious moment where wheein laughs. and yongsun stares at her with a smile stuck on her face, grinning like a fool. but it doesn’t matter ; it didn’t matter because it was wheein. 

 

 

 

one

 

“wheein-ah,” 

“hmm?” 

“would you smile for me if i asked you to?” 

“of course. as long as you like it, i’ll do anything for you.” wheein smiles, soft and pure. 

“then would you be happy if i asked you to be?” 

“i would try my best to be, if that’s what you want for me. but i am happy, with you, here, right now. you make me happy, unnie.” not only that, but she also made wheein love. she made wheein so many things she never thought she could be. 

“you make me happy too, wheein. so very happy, that i could hug and kiss you every second.” yongsun’s cheeks rise as she smiles slightly. 

“why don’t you do it then?” wheein teases, already squishing yongsun in her arms, littering small kisses all over her face. on her forehead, on her nose, on her cheeks, on her dimples near when she smiles, and finally, on her lips. yongsun captures this moment again. this moment where wheein kisses her, ever so tenderly, her lips soft and her eyes fluttering close. beautiful, yongsun thinks. her warm breath on yongsun’s lips when she pulls away, the moment they shared not nearly enough for yongsun. 

 

yongsun captures every single one of these moments, where wheein is there. hoping she remembers them all when she leaves. hoping wheein stays in her memories, in her dreams forever.