life , fate.

turning tables

days pass, they turn into weeks. and weeks turn into months. wheein loves yongsun more and more with each passing day. wheein smiles more with each passing day, because that is what love does to you. it makes you smile. wheein gets better. she laughs, every sound of laughter from like a ray of sunshine in yongsun’s otherwise grey world. her eyes sparkle like stars in the night sky, ever so beautiful. she thinks she’s finally found her happiness. yongsun heals her, completes her. it’s blissfully beautiful, what they have. a picture-perfect masterpiece they have so very carefully painted. the once empty canvas is now filled with of the brush in every colour, each one a representation of their time together. but it is not complete. there are still plenty of of the brush left to finish this masterpiece of theirs. but yongsun fears there isn’t enough time for them to finish it. 

byulyi will never stop hunting her down. when she finally decides not to spare yongsun’s life anymore, what will become of them? yongsun knows what she needs to do, but she can’t bear to do it. she can’t leave wheein. she won’t. not when wheein is getting better every day. wheein is still vulnerable, still broken. if yongsun leaves her, what will be the source of her happiness? her smiles and laughter, all gone. and wheein without her smile and her laugh, it’s heartbreaking. she’s basically nothing without yongsun. 

 

it takes months. yongsun takes months to decide. four months, to be exact. sixteen weeks, a hundred and twelve days. every single one of those days, yongsun sees wheein get better, and every single one of those days, she likes wheein more and more. every day, it gets harder for yongsun to even think about leaving. every moment they spend together is like a ticking time bomb, waiting to go off. she can’t do this. wheein notices something is wrong. she asks yongsun, only to be assured everything is fine. everything is not fine, she can feel it. 

“unnie,” she asks on the day yongsun plans to meet byulyi again. “things are not okay. both you and i know. i didn’t want to bring it up because i was scared, like i always am. but,” she pauses to glance at yongsun. “i remember everything you’ve said to me. and that includes that time you told me if you ever left me, you wouldn’t do it unless you had a good reason to. and i don’t know if what i’m going to say matters to you or not, but i believe you. i believe that if you ever leave me, it’ll be for a good reason. and even though i may never know what that reason is, i’ll know you were once here, a part of my life. i’ll know you were the one who gave me happiness.” 

“i trust you. i always have.” she kisses yongsun, soft and slow. it’s the best feeling in the world. this is not goodbye, she tells herself. 

 

 

 

 

and so yongsun goes to see byulyi again. after wheein tells her she trusts her, after wheein kisses her. 

“finally decided to come back?” byulyi opens the door when the doorbell rings. she opens the door wider, allowing yongsun to enter. 

“it wasn’t an easy decision, might i remind you.” yongsun unintentionally snaps. she’s so close to throwing something across the room. she’s stressed enough as it is, she doesn’t need a particular moon byulyi to annoy her further. sometimes she forgets how annoying the younger can be when she wants to. 

“i know. four months is a long time,” byulyi states. “i wish i could say i’m sorry for making you have to make this decision, but i would be lying if i told you that.” byulyi had never been one to beat around the bush, but still, yongsun flinches unconsciously at her hurtful words. 

“so what will it be, yongsun?” the brown-haired woman asks. yongsun thinks it’s so ironic that the woman she had once been in love with is threatening her with another person she cares so much for. fate has a way of screwing her over like that. if yongsun leaves wheein, byulyi never cares about her or hunt her down ever again. but she can’t return, ever. if yongsun stays here, by wheein’s side, she’ll be hunted for years to come, maybe even decades. not only will she be hunted, she knows that some day, when byulyi is stronger emotionally, she’ll be killed. and wheein...she can’t put wheein through that. she can’t bear to see wheein trying to protect her from other vampire hunters. it’s unfair to make wheein live that life with her. to make her live her life knowing yongsun is dead. so maybe the life without her, will be better for wheein. she’s doing what any person would do for someone they care about. she’s protecting wheein.

but is she really? 

“your freedom for wheein’s sadness, or a life spent with wheein with vampire hunters breathing down your neck?” byulyi leans in closer. 

yongsun’s breathing is shallow, her eyes closed. because she knows what she’s going to say. she knows which choice she’s going to make. and she knows what it’s going to do to that one very important, very special person in her life at this moment. 

cause and effect, yongsun. cause and effect. you hurt countless innocent people in the past, hurt byulyi. it’s all coming back to you. this is karma, she thinks. wheein is just the unlucky one who will be affected by the effect the most. yongsun is the cause. 

it starts with one, and ends with the other. it’s nowhere near to being fair to the one it ends with, but this is life. this is fate. and it just so happens that yongsun’s fate makes people around her hurt. she hates it, but what can she do about it, when she has already accepted it?

 

 

 

A/N: sorry this chapter is pretty short just to leave y’all on a little cliffhanger even though everyone probably knows whats gonna happen already > < i will update soon promise!! thank you for reading & commenting it really makes me happy reading your comments ( ´▽`) i hope all of you have a great day/night and i love all of you <33