Chapter Thirty: Broken and Fixed

My Bias Texted Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week after that, your mother set up the blind date. You had been lounging around with Minwoo and Minwon, who had just returned from tuition, when she barged into the living room and informed you.

Minwon stared at you when she left and raised his eyebrow curiously, "don't you have a boyfriend to do that with?"

"Shh!" you hissed frantically, eyes wide as you stared at the open door. You sighed in relief when she didn't return and then opted to glare at the teen who blinked back innocently.

"How do you know that?!" you asked in disbelief and he started at you dumbly before he rose an uncertain eyebrow, "wait... you do have one?"

Your cheeks flushed when you realised that he had only been joking and when you noticed that you hadn't replied, Minwon gasped. "So wait, that guy... he is your boyfriend?"

"Uh... who?" you asked timidly, silently hoping to the skies that he wouldn't say Jinwoo or Hyeongsuk. Even though the adults had been informed that you weren't labelled a couple anymore, the kids hadn't been told.

"Oh, you know that Donghae guy you're always talking to," he shrugged carelessly, but you were in a state of panic as you gripped your hair and bit your lip. You noticed that your heartbeat had spiked in your nervousness as you gulped slowly, "um, how do you know him?!"

You blinked at his sudden state of sheepishness and glanced at Minwoo who snorted momentarily and then looked away when Minwon made a begging gesture towards him. "Um, Wonnie? How do you know Donghae?"

"Well..." Minwon stalled and cleared his throat while he wrung his hands together in discomfort, "um, remember when I borrowed your phone to call dad?"

You paused and slowly rose your eyebrow, "yes...?" He suddenly coughed and blushed a bright red before speedily mumbling something incoherent.

"Uh? I didn't catch-"

"I called on speed dial and the Donghae answered with a 'hi baby'!" he blurted and covered his cheeks while Minwoo chuckled. As his words settled into your brain, a hot blush spread across your own face.

"At first I thought he had gone senile so I asked him who he thought he was, but he must've panicked because he just went quiet after that. I checked the caller ID and after seeing 'oppa' written there, I promised him not to tell you. I'm sorry, I didn't know he was your actual- yeah!" Minwon rubbed his palms together apologetically and you stared at him blankly.

"Oh that's why he was being weird," you mumbled, distinctly remembering how Donghae had left awkward and short messages after you had let Minwon borrow your phone. You shook your head when you noticed that they were staring at you expectantly, obviously demanding an explanation.

"Uhm well..." you coughed and glanced away, nervously playing with the tips of your fingers. "He's... yeah, he's that. Um, he's really nice... uh, can you please not tell anyone else? We just started going out recently and I don't want anyone meddling with our relationship."

"Oh..." Minwoo rose his eyebrow and looked you over thoughtfully, "imo, weren't you with Jinwoo-ssi until recently?"

"Let's not go there," you muttered with a sigh and then smiled, "me and Donghae have known each other for two years now. We had a borderline relationship friendship, but Jinwoo-ssi suddenly came and announced me as his girlfriend. We toned it down, but Donghae insisted even after Jinwoo left, so now we're together."

Not the whole story, but it'll have to do.

"Oh, so who is this Donghae guy?" Minwoo wondered curiously and you glanced at the bedroom door before you picked up your phone. You figured that they wouldn't believe you if you just told them, so you decided to show them pictures that you both took instead.

 

 

 

 

"Wait... that Lee Donghae?" Minwon gaped after a few moments of staring at the selfies and Minwoo rubbed his eyes before staring at you in disbelief. "Oh my god!"

"Yeah... haha..." you awkwardly cleared your throat and they only stared before Minwoo decided to speak up.

"Well... damn, imo."

Well damn indeed.

-


As you slowly brushed your teeth the next morning to delay the meeting with some Kim Chulmin, your blind date who oddly sounded familiar, your mother yelled at you to hurry up. Again.

You groaned sleepily and shouted back that you were being as fast as you could before you walked back to your room and put on clothes that she had picked out in the slowest pace possible. When you entered the kitchen ten minutes later, your mother was glaring at you and pointing to the door.

"But eomoni, I haven't even had breakfast," you frowned slightly, but she simply rolled her eyes and carried on pointing to the front door. You sighed sadly while glancing at the set up table before walking to the door, your shoulders drooped sadly.

You opened the door reluctantly and blinked when you came face-to-face with an extremely familiar face belonging to an individual who was about to ring the doorbell. You both blinked at each other and he stared at you curiously before his eyebrows furrowed, "(Y/N)? Kim (Y/N)?"

"Uhh..." you tilted your head and closed the door behind you because you just knew your mother would jump out from behind you and make-up some ridiculous stories about how he knew you. "I am... yeah, I'm Kim (Y/N)... um, who are you...?"

"You don't remember me? I'm Kim Chulmin, we went to high school together before you suddenly moved away," he smiled broadly and after observing his sharp jawline, single-lidded eyes and plump lips, your jaw dropped in recognition.

"I remember you! You were picked on since you looked like a girl!" you remembered and he looked at you with wide eyes while you realised what you had just said and ducked your head in apology. "I'm sorry, I just remembered you like that. I didn't mean anything by it, you were just really pretty."

"Uh, thank you," he cleared his throat and chuckled slowly, "is that the only way you remember me? Don't you remember that we were friends?"

You blinked thoughtfully and tilted your head before you grinned, "oh, I remember! You followed me around for a whole year, but never said anything until we were in year nine!"

"Yeah haha," he chuckled awkwardly and smiled, "shall we go to a close by cafe to catch up? I'm glad my mother forced me to go on this blind date."

"Me too," you admitted quietly and smiled at him before following him out of the garden. You gasped when you saw his expensive looking car and he blushed shyly before offering you to sit inside.

It was quiet as he drove to a popular cafe close by, both of you just reminiscing about your high school years. Upon the stopping of his car, he suddenly held your head and tugged you into the cafe with a grin on his lips.

"So, (Y/N). I always wondered if we could meet again. After you suddenly disappeared from school, I went to your house too, but it was like a haunted house. What even happened?" he started after you were both sat in a private booth and you winced at the question before you sighed helplessly.

"Well, something big happened. You know how I wasn't the only one who left?" you questioned and he hummed thoughtfully, "yeah, the teacher suddenly said that we weren't allowed to speak about the sixteen people who left. I found out later that one died and the others were in prison, but there was nothing about you."

"Something happened between us," you faked a smile and shrugged your shoulders, "the worst case scenario, I guess. My dad pulled me out of school and we moved closer to the sea, out of town. We're back because my si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter