Chapter Twenty Six: Donghae's birthday

My Bias Texted Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weekend came quicker than expected and you were glad that you could rest up after the trip with Unicef as well as stay away from Jinwoo as much as possible.

It helped that you were sick with the flu, but you weren't particularly glad about it considering your university and new job were so close.

You had quit your job at the coffee shop the first day back from Malaysia and Jaejin made you promise to visit him regularly as you left. He also gave you a little parting gift of dinner in a close by restaurant, even after you had assured him that it wouldn't be necessary.

He didn't listen to you, so you got free tteokbokki at least.

"Imo, wake up. You're so lazy," you felt a poke to your forehead and you frowned, turning away from the source of your discomfort, but the pushes only grew tenfold.

After a few minutes, you decided that you couldn't take it anymore and groaned, finally snapping your eyes open to glare at Minwoo and Minwon.

"What?!" you croaked out through your dry throat and bared your teeth at them, but they didn't seem to really be bothered as they gave you identical amused glances. "Imo, halmeoni and harabeoji said that you had to get ready because we all have to go and see Jinwoo samcheon."

"Ugh, why?" you groaned, covering your eyes with your palms as you remembered the fact that Jinwoo was still your official boyfriend.

Donghae suggested you to be a terrible girlfriend to Jinwoo so that you both ended up breaking up, but you didn't really have the chance to do that. You also had to assure Donghae that the title meant nothing to you since he was much more important to you than Jinwoo was.

"We're all meeting his family, remember?" Minwoo said pointedly with a roll of his eyes and you looked away in annoyance, wishing nothing more than being able to dig a hole and just cry inside. The twins seemed to notice your discomfort because they looked at you in concern with both eyebrows raised, "you okay, imo?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine," you forced a smile to your lips after a minute and they looked at you in disbelief, but you slowly shook your head as a gesture to make them move off the topic. You weren't exactly sure on how to bring up the topic in front of the twins considering that they may then get the wrong idea about you.

Especially if they found out about Donghae.

After they left your bedroom, you stayed in bed for a couple more minutes while staring blankly into space. You genuinely wished that you could have some space to breathe and live your own life without people making decisions for you, but it was obvious that would never happen.

You were broken out of your reverie by the sound of a buzz and you realised that you had forgotten to silence your phone the day before when Minhyuk had asked you to call someone for him. A grumble passed your lips and you picked up the noisy device, ready to turn it off but then you realised something in your notifications.

'Lee Donghae - 9 messages'
'Donghae's birthday - 00:00'

You blinked and looked at the date on the corner of your display screen and surely, it was 15th October 2018. A wide smile lit up on your face as you swiped your device open, going onto the Instagram application seconds later to see what Donghae or the other members had posted.

After going through the app, you grinned and then decided to see what Donghae had sent you. The messages only seemed to be short after all, so you wanted to read them.

Lee Donghae
Heyyyyy

Lee Donghae
It's my birthdayyyy

Lee Donghae
I am officially 32 years old

Lee Donghae
Well 33 years old

Lee Donghae
But I'm international baby so I'm 32

Lee Donghae
I'm gonna party like a superstar :3

Lee Donghae
Wanna join me?? I'll take you to a funky town x3

Lee Donghae
I love you, my fallen angel~ :3 please wish me a happy birthday!!

Lee Donghae
It's Still You~~

You
Omo

You
IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY?!?!

You
WHY DO YOU AN DONGHAE OPPA HAVE THE SAME BIRTHDAY?!

You
BUT HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANYWAY!!

You
ALSO I LOVE THE SUJU REFERENCES, YOU SOUND LIKE A DEVOTED FAN :D

-


As you and your family were ushered into the million won mansion that belonged to Jinwoo and his family, you tried to look as unaffected as possible as random people came to greet you.

Sure, you had a big family yourself, considering the cousins, nieces and nephews, but the amount of elderly people that greeted you was ridiculous.

"Okay eomoni, thank you for the food. (Y/N)-ah, will you follow me?" Jinwoo questioned after you all had eaten and you looked at him in confusion, noticing how Minwoo and Minwon stiffened by your sides.

You nodded hesitantly when he smiled sweetly at you and he grinned, holding out his arm so that you could walk in front of him.

As you both entered a huge room with a king sized bed, three wardrobes, two bookshelves, a large window pane, a glass chandelier and a computer desk, you were in awe while he simply smiled and gestured you to sit down. You took a seat on his desk chair while he propped himself up on his bed and then smiled at you.

"So, (Y/N)-ah, how has your week been?" he started casually and you cleared your suddenly drythroat, trying not to make it obvious that you were uncomfortable. "Um, it was okay. I quit my job yesterday since I'm going to start working in Mokpo from Monday."

"Ah, yes," he smiled tensely and your eyebrows furrowed at his obvious reluctance, "the Super Junior recommendation?"

You nodded shyly at his words, remembering how Super Junior practically sponsored you to work with Mokpo Police Station. It was like they knew you as more than just a fan.

"Hmm, well I do hope you have fun," he smiled and looked at you blankly for a moment before he shrugged and reached over to pat your head. You froze under his ministration, watching him with wide eyes, but he made no further comment.

"Um, thank you," you mumbled under your breath and he only smiled again before turning away. You watched him quietly for a few minutes before you shrugged and looked around his room awkwardly.

-


Six hours later when you had just reached home with the rest of your family, you immediately retired to your room with the excuse of being tired. You knew that it was an absolute lie, but they deemed you to look unwell and so had waved you off when you left in the direction of your room.

After having dressed in your sleepwear and washed up, you collapsed under your warm covers and pulled out your phone with a happy grin on your face. Your phone had buzzed a few times during the day and you figured it was Donghae which only made you happier as you opened up the messaging application.

Lee Donghae
Maybe because I am him

Lee Donghae
You will never know~

Lee Donghae
Because you're a pabo

Lee Donghae
Also I might not be a suju fan, I might be a member

Lee Donghae
You will never know with that brain~

Lee Donghae
Anyway, I heard some news from my friend

Lee Donghae
Idk if it's true or not tho so we'll wait for tomorrow, seeing as it is supposed to happen tomorro

Lee Donghae
Also much thanks for the birthday wish

Lee Donghae
You made my day :D

You
Hello :33

You
Also I'm not stupid!!

You
What's the news?!

Lee Donghae
Hiii

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter