Ride or Die

Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON'S POV

"Aigoo, look at you. So pretty."

I'm still frozen in my spot as I stare at the elderly couple in front of me. Oh my god, I can't believe I'm meeting Jiyong's parents when I look like a total hobo.

"A-anyeong haseyo, Mr. and Mrs. Kwon."

"Darling, just call us Eomoni and Ahboji. "

"A-ah, yes, Eomoni."

Oh my god this is so awkward. I never met any of my ex-boyfriend's parents before, so I don't know how to deal with the situation right now. I mean, yes, I agreed to meet Jiyong's family but a head's up would be nice! This is too sudden, oh my god, I feel like I'm going to vomit.

I'm so nervous!

"I've been telling Jiyong to bring you here so that we can meet you. But that disobedient boy keeps on postponing it, aigoo, I don't even know how he got you." Mr Kwon shook his head at his son.

"I'm wondering about that too." Mrs Kwon walked towards me and held both my arms. "Ah, you really look like an angel. I feel excited now how our grandchildren would look like."

Oh my god, what?!

Grandchildren?!

I think I choked on my saliva or something. I opened my mouth to speak but no sounds came out. Seriously? Grandchildren?!

Fortunately, a sudden sound came from the kitchen and Kwon Eomoni rushed to get it because apparently, she was cooking. Ahboji came with her to help so this is my chance to kill their son.

I turned towards the grinning man at the corner.

He has the audacity to grin at me, huh?

"Kwon. Ji. Young." I marched towards him and started hitting whatever part of his body I could reach.

A hit at the nape. "How could you do this to me, huh?!"

A punch at the chest. "You told me no one's here, you !"

A kick at the leg. "How could you let me meet your parents when I'm in this state!"

"Owww! Hun, hun! Calm down. Calm dow---ow, that hurts! Stop it, babe--no! Not the face! Oh, . I earn money with that face, baby, please don't ruin it---owww!"

"Ugh!" I landed a final punch on his shoulder and crossed my arms. "Explain yourself!"

"I swear I didn't know they're here. They told me they'll go visit Dami noona tonight and will only go back tomorrow, so I don't know why they're here."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Are you telling me the truth?"

He nodded. "I am. Really."  His hands are still shielding his face and I wanted to laugh because he looks really scared that I'm gonna start hitting him again but I also felt bad now knowing that he didn't really expect this  either.

"Have I landed a hit on your face?"

"Yeah, but just here on my chin."

I went closer to him to take a look.

"Does it hurt?"

"Not really."

There really is a red spot on his chin. I feel bad. I never really meant to hurt him. I thought I was just throwing some light punches but it looks really red.

"I'm sorry, Oppa."

I traced the red spot and because I was feeling really sorry, I tiptoed a little bit and planted a kiss on his chin. I only realized what I did though when I heard him take a deep breath.

Oh my gosh, what did I just do?

Oh boy, I kissed him on the chin. Right below his lips.

Oh my god.

My eyes widened and I was thinking of ways how to make my great escape when Jiyong suddenly s an arm around my waist, resting his palm on the small of my back.

My heart is now thundering against my ribcage as I stared right at his eyes. Oh my god. Oh my god. What is he doing? Why is he leaning closer?

And why on earth is he closing his eyes?

Don't tell me he's gonna kiss me.

No, no, that's impossible. He only treats me like a sister.

I mean... He won't kiss me, right?

Or, will he?

Oh boy, I can feel him breathing against my lips now.

I started closing my eyes too when...

"Mom! Dad! I'm h--- oh my gosh!"

Oh my gosh indeed.

His sister just entered the penthouse and caught us in that very awkward position.

I heard Jiyong whisper a soft curse as he let go of my waist and took a step back. He looks really annoyed now as he glanced at his sister. "Yah, why are you here?"

His sister stared at the two of us and smirked, "You two, there are a lot of rooms here. If you don't want to be disturbed, you could've just occupied one."

I feel like my face is burning right now. That was so embarrassing!

Why is this happening to me? First, I met Jiyong's parents in my shabby clothes and now I'm meeting his sister when she just saw us almost kissing and I'm still in my shabby clothes.

"A-anyeong haseyo."

I still tried to be polite and greet her though. I don't want her to think I'm rude. I mean, her first impression of me is already bad, considering what she'd just seen, I don't want her to think worse of me.

"Hello, Taeyeon." she walked towards me and pushed Jiyong away really hard as she hugged me. "I'm so glad to finally meet you. Welcome to the family."

I hugged her back awkwardly. How are they so nice to me? I almost wanted to cry of guilt. They already welcomed me to their family when here we are, lying to their faces. I don't deserve their kindness...

"Oh, Dami, you're here. Perfect. Dinner's ready, come." Ahboji gestured for us to follow him at the kitchen.

Dami unnie smiled as she went with her father.

I felt a hand on my back and saw Jiyong smiling at me. "I guess I wouldn't be able to cook you dinner tonight. Some other time then?"

I just nodded at him as we walked to the kitchen, his hand never leaving it's spot on my back. I feel extremely shy now towards him. I mean, he was gonna kiss me! And I was letting him. Aren't we taking this fake relationship thing too seriously? I know that it's not fake for me anymore but I don't know about him. I feel like we need to talk and set some boundaries into this.

I'll just talk to him about it when we drive back to the city later.

As soon as we entered the kitchen, Kwon Eomoni started fussing over me, makin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter