Elle Magazine

Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEYEON'S POV

"Let's just end it there. Come out now."

I sighed as I put down the headphone and went out of the recording booth. I did really bad, and I don't even have to hear it from the producer. I already know that we'd have to schedule another recording session because I doubt any of what I recorded would be good enough.

I bowed to all the staff in the room and apologized for not doing my job properly. I feel really bad for wasting their time and I'm seriously so close to crying so I just bowed to everyone again and went towards my car and locked myself inside.

There, I closed my eyes and willed myself not to cry. I hate how I just cry whenever something frustrates me. Right now though, I couldn't help it because I'm just pissed at myself. I feel like I wasn't putting much effort in my art and maybe I don't really deserve having a comeback.

I mean, maybe there's a reason why SM's not giving me any job then. Maybe I already lost my touch in music.

I was trying to calm myself down when someone knocked on my car's window. It was my manager, telling me it's time to go to my next schedule.

Ah, the magazine shoot with Jiyong.

We were supposed to be there last week but ever since that shoot of Healing Camp a week ago, Jiyong has been missing in action. He literally just disappeared and rescheduled every schedule we have together. He just texted me that he'll see me next week which is this week and I have no idea why.

I mean, I don't really need to know because I'm not really his girlfriend.

But still... we're friends! And colleagues. And partners! He should've at least given me some reason why he'd go MIA. Something like hey tae I dont wanna see you this week because I think you're creepy for what you did at Healing Camp.

I'm still scolding myself for doing that really. Ugh. It's so embarrassing.  I don't even know why I wrote those things! I mean... okay. Fine. I'll admit that I do like him. But why on earth did I write love. IN FRONT OF HIM!

Oh my god. I just want to smack myself in the face everytime I remember it.

It doesn't help that when he read it, he literally just stared at me with wide eyes. I feel so embarrassed and I don't really want him to ask me about it so I told manager oppa to pick me up as soon as possible.

It's a good thing he was away for a week so I get to practice what I'd tell him if he ever asks me about it. It's not like I can tell him I like him because it's just too fast! We've only known each other for a very short time and I feel like he only treats me as his younger sister. Ugh.

How come I got so easily attached to him?

Well, actually, I'm blaming him. He's just always there. Honestly, he's the kindest man I've ever known next to my dad and brother, so it's very easy to get comfortable around him.

I'm not really ignorant of these things. I know when I start liking someone. I'm always just in touch with what I feel and I never had to try to hide it. I mean, I remember with Siwon oppa, we were just eating with some of our labelmates and I just told him i think i like you oppa because that's what I'm feeling. Why do I need to hide it? I'm not really scared of what's gonna happen or what the other person will say because I just don't want to prolong it when it's gonna happen anyway. I mean, if that other person doesn't like me, he could say it so I can stop the like from evolving into something deeper. It works better for me that way.

But it's different with Jiyong. I don't know why can't I just tell him I like him. I can't read that guy's mind sometimes and what I feel towards him suddenly becomes scary.

And I'm gonna see him today. Sigh.

I was about to start driving when my phone started ringing. Ah, speaking of the dragon.

"Hello?"

"Hey, where are you?"

"On my way to the shooting location."

"Oh, are you driving already?"

"No, but I was about to."

"Ah, I was thinking I could just pick you up."

"It's fine, Oppa. I'll just drive there myself.

"Are you okay, hun?"

I closed my eyes and leaned back on the car's seat. How can I not like him when he always just makes me feel special as if he really cares for me.

Also, I really like it when he calls me that.

"I'm okay."

"You don't sound okay, though."

"I just had a bad day at the recording studio. My singing is awful."

He suddenly became quiet and I wondered if he's still on the line.

"Ji?"

"How many more minutes before you come here?"

"At the shoot?"

"Yeah."

"30 minutes, I think."

"Okay then. I'll see you later, hun. Drive very carefully, please."

He dropped the call without even waiting for my response. What's up with him? Why is he suddenly on a rush? Usually, when I tell him I had a bad day, he'd literally make me talk about it for an hour. He says it'll make me feel better that way.

What's wrong with him now?

I just shook my head and started driving. I'd just ask him about it later.

Manager oppa told me the concept of the magazine would just be natural, so I don't think I'd have a hard time doing that. I already messed up my recording, I don't want to mess this up as well. And absolutely not in front of Ji.

I arrived at the building of Elle Magazine 20 minutes later. There's surprisingly no traffic today which happens very rarely.

"Faster, guys! We only have 10 minutes! Grab a piece of note here and start writing!"

O-kay, what's happening here?

Everything's in chaos when I entered the studio where the photoshoot is supposed to happen and Kwon Jiyong has been shouting at everyone like a madman. I don't think anyone even noticed my presence.

I walked towards one of the crew and tapped him on the shoulder. "Uhm, hello..." I was about to ask him what's happening when he suddenly gasped as he turned around and saw me. His face literally turned pale and I was quite worried for him but he started running towards Jiyong and pointed at me.

Ji grimaced when he saw me and I was quite offended, really. Is there something wrong with how I look? Why do they seem like they've seen a ghost? I mean, fine, I'm not wearing any make up yet but do I look that horrible for him to grimace like that?

"I thought you said you'd be here in 30 minutes?"

Instead of answering his question though, I just slapped his arm. "Yah, do you think I look ugly right now?"

He seemed confused now. "What? Of course not. Why are you asking me that?"

"Don't lie! You literally made a face when you saw me."

"I just---

"I'm not wearing any makeup, okay?"

"Yeah, I know but--"

"And I admit I look ugly without it."

"What?! No! You don--"

"But do you really have to grimace whe---mmmmmph"

The stupid man suddenly covered my mouth with his hand and I just glared at him.

"Shut up for a minute and let me talk, hun." He still has his hand over my mouth and I really really don't like him right now. "First of all, I've seen you without makeup before. We literally lived together for a week. In LA, remember? Second, I want you to know that I like how you look more when you're not wearing any makeup. You're like the most beautiful woman that ever graced the face of the earth and lastly, are you PMS-ing?"

I pulled his hand away from my mouth and smiled at him. Really. The. Sweetest. Freaking. Smile I could ever produce. It also meant run for your life, Kwon Jiyong.

"Come closer, Oppa."

It's like he knew what was going on because he gulped as he took a step closer to me.

"Let me do my own count, okay?" I smiled even sweeter as I touched his face gently. "First of all, you don't cut a woman off when she's talking. Second, you don't ask them if they're PMS-ing. That's very rude, Oppa. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

He just nodded at me as I continued smiling at him and caressing his face.

"And lastly..." I leaned forward, our nose almost touching. "I want you to know that the next time you smother me wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter