SM & YG

Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

From Shawtae, 8:32 AM: yah, wer r u?

To Shawtae, 8:32 AM: still here in yg. im waiting for hyunsuk hyung

The meeting between our companies will be held in SM. Hyunsuk hyung was pissed about it but he couldn't do anything because SM is his sunbae and he doesn't want to look disrespectful. I just find it amusing how even in the executives, there's this superiority going on. I'm not complaining now though since I'm enjoying this superiority now, mostly when I'm in music shows because most of the artists promoting nowadays are from the new generation of kpop, whatever that is, and they just respect you for debuting before them. Silly, but I like it.

From Shawtae, 8:34 AM: do you rly need to come together?

To Shawtae, 8:35 AM: not really but i dont want to walk around sm alone

From Shawtae, 8:35 AM: y? r u scared of sm artists gdragon?

Psh. Why would I be scared of those babies?

I grabbed my keys from my studio's table and went out. I
ordered one of the trainees to tell Hyunsuk hyung that I'm gonna go to SM first. I know exactly what that Kim Taeyeon wants.

I shook my head and dialed her number.

"Hello, coward boy."

"I'm on my way to get you, woman. Don't insult your ride."

"Ah, you're the best!"

"You're still in your apartment, right?"

"Yes. I'm too lazy to drive today."

"You're just lazy because you know you have a driver you can summon."

I heard her laugh from the other line and it immediately made me smile. Aish, Kim Taeyeon.

"Uh-huh, I summon you, Kwon Jiyong, so come fetch me now."  She's still chuckling.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I'm gonna drive now so I'll end the call. I'll see you later."

"See you later, oppa. Be careful driving! Bye."

"Bye."

See what Kim Taeyeon does to me? I am the great G-Dragon, leader of BigBang, the nation's boy group. How did I end up being her on call driver? Tsk.

I'm not really gonna complain. I like hanging out with Taeyeon because she's a cool person. Not like those female idols that portrays themselves as barbie dolls . Those girls will fall to my feet with just one smile from me. I'm not kidding. They act all mighty as if they were the most beautiful girl in the world but as soon as they saw someone giving them a pinch of attention, they crumble down. Taeyeon's not like that. You could be flirting yourself to death in front of her but she'd just look at you with one eyebrow raised, judging your soul's every inch. Sometimes, even I am intimidated by how she handles herself. Like, I just want to drop to my knees and offer myself to her.

Okay, no, that was too extreme.

But there's really just something in Taeyeon that makes her seem untouchable.

I drove to her apartment and saw her standing outside. , is she crazy? Why would she stay outside her apartment building when literally every media people are after us? Isn't she even afraid to be mobbed by the reporters? Most of them knows where she lived.

And true enough, I saw about 12 people with camera around her. She's not even concerned about them and was just playing with her phone. What's wrong with this woman?

I pulled over in front of her and she immediately entered my car. I was about to scold her when she handed me a paper cup.

"Freshly brewed coffee a la Kim Taeyeon." she smiled and put on her seatbelt. "Thanks for picking me up."

That's the thing about Taeyeon. When she asks something from you, she makes sure that she gives you something in return. According to her, everything must be even. And it doesn't only pertain to giving and receiving. Even when we were in LA, of course we have to do some chores like cooking and washing the dishes. She always made sure that our work is equal. If I cook, she wash the dishes, and vice versa. It was quite amusing. There was a day when I cooked and after eating, she went to the restroom first so I took the liberty to just wash the dishes myself. When she saw that though, she got upset and started cleaning the whole suite even though we can just ask the room service to do that. Taeyeon is that extra.  Everything and everyone, for her, must be equal. And I like that so much about her.

Well, except that day when she nagged me for a full hour because I said something misogynistic (according to her). She's a total feminist, that woman. I was lounging on the sofa then when she told me to just do my laundry instead of paying for the hotel's laundry services. I mean, I have a money to pay for the service, so why would I tire myself out for it, right? But I made the wrong (very wrong) decision and told her "I don't wanna do it. It's a woman's work." I immediately regret saying that after  I saw her nose flared up in anger and I could've sworn, she was going to burn me alive. I prayed for my life then when she stood up in front of me, hands on both side of her waist.

"Since when did chores require a gender, huh, Mr. Kwon? Does the detergent have a gender? Does it?! Oh my god. I hate it when people say that. I hate how men just expect us to do something just because we are women and they tell us it's something that we must do. You men always claim you're so strong when you couldn't even lift your own laundry basket in the laundry area. Let me tell you, Mr. Kwon. We, women, are more than your laundromat, we are more than your dishwasher and we are definitely more than your baby-making machine. And for your information..."

And she goes on and on and on. From then on, I was careful not to mention anything that will make her think I'm degrading women. I mean, I admit that was a stupid comment, but I have a huge respect on women and she's right, anyway. So I just let everything she said stick in my mind. Which is weird since I hate it when my mom nags me...

"Are we leaving or..."

"Oh. Right."

I got distracted there for a minute.

I took a sip of my coffee and put it on the car's cup holder. Hmm. I may sound a little biased but it tastes fifty times better than Starbucks.

I started driving and glanced on the side as we passed by the reporters that are now frantically clicking on their cameras. Oh, that reminds me...

"Yah, what are you doing, standing outside your apartment building alone like that?"

She was busy doing something on her phone and looked up at me.  "What? What about it?"

I glanced at her and frowned. "That's dangerous, Taeyeon-ah. You could've gotten mobbed!"

"Did you see any reporter near me?"

"They were all around you."

"Yeah, but is there anyone near me?"

Come to think of it. All the reporters are at a distance away from her. But still...

"No, but---"

She put her finger against my lips. "No buts. Focus on driving." She said as she went back to doing something on her phone.

Ah, why isn't she listening to me? Yes, those reporters are away from her but they were still there. They could easily grab her or something. I remember when she was almost pulled off the stage by a sasaeng before. Right in the middle of Girls' Generation's performance. It became a huge news here in Korea. And if something like that happens before, there is no guarantee that it's not gonna happen again. What if that psycho comes back now that our fake relationship broke out? Or what if it's other people? God, she's so tiny. It's so easy to just grab her. If those reporters do something that---

"Yah, oppa. Stop frowning. I'm alright."

"I just don't understand why you couldn't just wait inside the building."

She chuckled. "Are you like this to all your friends? This protective?"

No. Just my crushes.

"Seriously, relax. I only went out because I already saw your car from afar. Besides, I told those reporters not to come near me."

"And they just listened to you?"

"Well, let's just say that I told them politely that a certain dragon's coming to pick me up and that the dragon wouldn't like it if they're up at my nose."

What? Oh my god.

I burst out into laughter because she's the only idol who has the audacity to tell the media (people who can easily ruin our career) that they're getting up her nose. She basically told them that they're annoying, oh my god.

My girlfriend, ladies and gentlemen. I call that woman my girlfriend.

"And now, you're laughing." She shook her head. "Weirdo."

I'm the one that's weird? I covered my mouth with one hand because I am smiling too widely and I'm trying not to laugh again. Ah, Kim Taeyeon.

We arrived at SM at 9:15 and we're already 15 minutes late. I was gonna grab the coffee that Taeyeon gave me but she just pulled my hand and told me to just leave it because according to her, we don't have time to be drinking coffee when our bosses are probably tearing out our contacts right now.

I got a little upset about it because I really really wanted to drink that coffee.

"Stop pouting. I'll just make you another one someday."

Someday. Psh.

She was basically just pulling me from the parking lot to her company's building, and when we stepped inside, I literally felt like I was in a hospital. I mean, why is it so bright in here? Ugh. I don't really like bright places. I'm not being emo or anything, but my eyes are totally sensitive to too much light. So, I ended up just pulling my glasses from my jacket and put it on. Now, I'm going to look like an absurd idiot who wears sunglasses indoors.

We were walking across the first floor building when I heard gasps around me. I looked around and saw some really young trainees and some newly debuted idols bowing at us.

Okay, it feels like we are really some royalties with all that bowing.

"Is that G-Dragon sunbaenim? Gasp!"

"GD Oppa. It's really GD oppa!"

"Omo, so it's  true, Taeyeon sunbae and GD sunbae are really together."

Ah. I don't know if they're deliberately letting us hear their gushing, but really, can't they get any louder?

I felt Taeyeon's grip on my hand tightened as she smiled at the group of female trainees that are all squealing in delight upon seeing us. They're cute. And really young. If I could tell them one advice, I'd tell them that it's okay to work hard, but it's also essential to enjoy their childhood. That's one of my regrets in life. I chose to be an idol that I forgot how to properly live.

That was then though.

Taeyeon let go of my hand as we stopped in front of the elevator.

But I immediately grabbed it back w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter