Battle Trip pt. 1

Royals
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG'S POV

It's a busy week for me and Taeyeon. Meaning, I wasn't able to have her meet my bandmates yet. But it's totally fine because I get to spend the whole week with her. I've never enjoyed working this much, to be honest.

I kind of feel a little embarassed though about my outburst last week when I thought she's pregnant. My mother even called and asked me in a really high-pitched voice if her daughter is really pregnant and is giving her beautiful grandchild. Apparently, Dami noona called her and informed her about how frantic I was over the phone. I've never heard my mother sounds so happy, seriously. I explained to them how it was just a false alarm and Taeyeon's not pregnant. I told them about how she's diagnosed with gastritis and my family immediately drove towards my apartment to see her.

Needless to say, I was ignored the rest of the day as my whole family catered to every Taeyeon's needs. My heart was incredibly full though seeing them like that.

Right now, we're here inside KBS for a meeting with the producers of the show Battletrip. I'm really really excited about this because I get to travel and have fun with Taeyeon even though we're basically working.  How awesome is that?

"Right. So, the title of this episode's Battletrip is Two Week Honeymoon. So, you're going to be spending two weeks together on a place that you think will be a good honeymoon destination. Two weeks. You get to create your own trip, plan your own activities and accomodation. You have to make sure that the viewers will love the trip you created and vote for you." The producer said.

Heol. A honeymoon themed trip.

I'm loving this already.

"Who are we competing with?" Taeyeon has that gleam on her eyes and her competitiveness is starting to show again, it made me grin.

"Taeyang and Hyorin."

What? Seriously?

"Wait. Aren't we in a disadvantage here? They're already married. They could have looked up honeymoon destinations already for real."

"No," The producer chuckled. "It really depends on you and the kind of trip you will make. Just make sure that it will look really exciting to any couple because we will have couples only viewers during the broadcast."

"Oh. Alright. Should we decide now where we will go?"

"Yes. As you can see, there are cameras around filming. Your preparation right now will also be included on the broadcast."

Aaaah. I need to think now.

If I am to plan a honeymoon with Taeyeon, where will I bring her? I turned to my girlfriend. "Hun, is there somewhere specific you want to go to?"

"Not really..."

Well, to be honest, I don't really have anywhere I want to go to either. I mean, being in a KPOP group allows us to travel to certain places in the world, sure. But we don't really get to stay on those places long enough to enjoy them. So, I'd like to take this opportunity to actually have fun, like a real travel, with my girlfriend.

"How about we go on different European countries? We can go on one country each day?"

Well, that's an okay idea. Europe is good but I just feel like it's too... common? I mean, if a couple's going on a honeymoon, the first place they'd thought of would be Europe. Or Bali. Or something like that. And I don't want common for Taeyeon. I want some extraordinary experience for her.

But if she wants to go to Europe...

"Do you want to go to Europe?" I asked her.

"Not really. But it's a good place for couples, isn't it?"

"Taeyang and Hyorin would probably go there."

The producer chuckled. "You're right. They decided to go to Europe."

Ah, I knew it.

"You decide, Oppa."

I actually have something in mind. Its a little crazy and I don't think we could fit that trip in two weeks but I know Taeyeon would love it. Besides, I really want to go with her there. It'd be one heck of an adventure for us both.

"I have a place in my mind, baby, but I don't think you're up for it." I challenged her with a smirk.

And as expected, the little swan was displeased at my comment and frowned at me. "I'm up for anything."

"Really? So, you're okay if we go to Africa and live with some wildlife for two weeks then?"

She squealed. "Oh my god! Yes! Yes, please! Let's go!"

She looked so happy, she was almost jumping on her seat.

Damn. How can my girlfriend be this endearing?

The PD left us alone to prepare for our trip but there are still cameras around so I can't possibly pull her in and kiss her. As much as I want to...

Maybe I can do that once we go on that trip. I mean, it's a honeymoon trip after all.

"Oh my god, are we really going to Africa, Oppa?"

I chuckled at how excited this shawty suddenly is. "Yes, hun. We're traveling across Africa."

"Then let's go, let's go! Let's make an itinerary!"

-----

DAY 1: SEOUL - HONGKONG - JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA - CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA

It's 7AM when the plane left Korea. We took a connecting flight to Hongkong because there's no available one way trip straight to Johannesburg from Seoul.

We're up for a 22 hour flight to Cape Town, South Africa, our first stop, including the waiting time for the connecting flights, but I'm not even complaining. I mean, I'd spent that whole 22 hours beside my girlfriend. What's there to complain about?

Also, it's just Taeyeon and I on this trip. No cameramen or staff of Battletrip. Just us. I literally begged the producers of the show to let us do this alone. We both have the cameras with us anyways and we can always use that, or ask tour guides to take videos of us. It'll work out, I told them. And well, I managed to convince them at the end.

I got my self camera pointing at both of us while we wait here in the business class lounge in Hong Kong.

"So, the only con of this trip is the long flight." Taeyeon said in front of the camera.

"It's not a con at all though, hun, if you get to spend it with your spouse." I said.

"Oh, right. It's a honeymoon trip. So, you'd enjoy the flight too with your loved one. There's no con on this trip at all. " Taeyeon grinned and gave me a high five. "Nice one, Oppa."

Eversince we planned our trip to Africa, Taeyeon has been adding more and more activities to our itinerary, saying that we must win the competition and promote Africa well. But our Day 1 would be spent just flying across the globe. And our last day too, so technically, Taeyeon and I would only have 12 days to spend

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter