Chapter 2

I Know Me

(Chaewon POV)

Today has been a gloomy day, I came early for school to give Hyejoo a gift that I bought for her, I heard of that new game that everyone is talking about and she wants to buy it, but she told me that she didn't have enough money so I just bought her a copy, but when she enters the classroom she didn't even look at me and just sits far away from me, I wonder if something is bothering her.

She always has been so shy and reserved, trying to act tough but in the inside she's just a softie that loves cuddles and candies. She apparently looks fierce like a wolf but for me she's just as fraggile as a butterfly. I have this need to protect her from everything.

She only talks with me and Yeonjun. Now that I'm thinking of, Yeonjun is nowhere to be seen, it's weird for him to not attend classes.

The bell rangs, the class comes to an end and I start to grab my things, a pair of classmates ask me for some notes that we need to finish our project, the final exams are just around the corner.

When they left I heard the most beautiful voice in the world.

"Hi" She says.

She's wearing makeup, that's new, she looks even prettier if that's possible.

"Hi Hyejoo!!!" My voice came out so desperately, dumb Chaewon.

I notice that she is carrying some things.

"What are those?" I said curious.

"Those are for you" She said.

"Really?! Thank you!!! You didn't have to tho!!" She bought me chocolates!! It's so cute!!!

Wait... Is she doing what I think it is? No way!!!

"Well, they're not from me"

"Oh, really?" The disappointment is evident in my voice.

"Yes, they're from Yeonjun"

What? Yeonjun?

"And where is he?"

"He wants to meet you in the garden"

Oh...

"Ok, thanks for telling me, see you later!!"

And I just run...

Suddenly, something wet is falling down my face.

"Tears?" I said out loud.

My makeup is now ruined, stupid Chaewon, what were you thinking...

"Chaewon!!!" Someone scream.

It's Yeonjun, I didn't notice I was in the garden already.

"Hi" I said rather sadly.

"What happened, why are you crying?" He panicked.

"It's ok, there's something in my eye" I lied.

"Here, let me help.."

"Stop, I'm ok" I cut him off

I feel bad for him, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit.

"Hyejoo told me that you wanted to see me, why didn't you attend classes?"

"Because I was preparing this" He spread his arms and suddenly I notice the decoration in the garden.

There are millions of yellow petals covering the ground and beautiful candles falling from the tree branches, the scene in front of my me is astonishing.

I've always dreamed about the love of my life confessing their love to me like this, but this is weird, the only person who knows this is...

"Hyejoo" He said.

"Huh?"

"It's Hyejoo right?"

"What do you mean?"

"You like her"

How did he...

"Come on, don't make that face, actually it's pretty obvious. The way you look at her, it's different. It's the same way that she look at you

"Wait, how..."

"She's madly in love with you, so go and get her before she cries even more"

...

"Run!!"

"Oh, right, thanks Yeonjun" I hugged him, and run back to the school.

"Good luck, this is my way to confess my love for you, please be happy..."

 

I search in every place around school, the classroom, the fields, the cafeteria. Nothing.

I'm already tired of running, but I can't stop, I need to find her. Where she can be? Maybe she's already in her house.

I go all the way back to her house and I took a shortcut between a park that is near and there I spotted a familiar figure sitting on a bench with her head low.

I get close to her and I heard a sob, please no.

She acknowledge my presence and immediately stands up and dries her tears.

"Chaewon, why you..."

"You're an idiot" I said.

She's taken aback by the comment but don't say anything. After a while she speaks.

"I'm sorry"

"Don't" I say

"I'm a coward

"I said don't"

"But..."

I can't take this anymore, I ran straight to her and press my lips against hers.

In that moment the time stops, I feel thousands of butterflies flying inside my stomach, it feels so right, it feels perfect.

I'm so happy, she returns the kiss, I'm a mess, but it doesn't matters, she reciprocate my feelings.

We broke the kiss whe we feel the need of air and see each other in the eyes.

"I love you, Chaewon"

"I love you, Hyejoo"

And both seal our love with a kiss.

 

 

 

Well, that's it. n.n

Thank you so much for reading and if you like it please upvote, that motivates me to write more. n.n

If there's any grammar mistakes please let me know.