Chapter 1

I Know Me

(Hyejoo POV)

6:00 am

The alarm sounds at the same hour everyday. I woke up and rub my eyes lazily.

I go to the bathroom to do my morning routine as usual, when I finish I usually just go straight to eat my breakfast and get ready for school, but not today, today is a special day,  I'll confess my love to her , you're probably wondering who is her, well she is Chaewon, the most beautiful girl in the world.

I stand in front of the mirror and put a light make up, I usually don't use it but I'll make an exception.

When I go to the kitchen my parents are already gone, they have to leave early in order to don't get late for work. So I just sit alone in the table and eat the breakfast that my mother made for me. 

I live near my school so I take my time to go there, in my way I pass by a little park, is spring so there are many flowers blooming around, I pick a little sunflower that reminds me of her, its petals are yellow just like her hair, she'll love it.

I bought a beautiful chocolate box because she loves chocolate, so I hope she likes it.

When I enter the classroom she's already in her sit, I go straight to mine.    

Classes are boring as always, and normally I'll be sleepy, but the nerves are too much and just don't let me sleep.

The bell rings, finally, it felt like an eternity, but I'm ready, I sort all the things that I'll give to her and I make sure that everything is fine.

Chocolate: Ready.

Flower: Ready.

Love letter: Ready.

Myself: I think so.

She's quite popular so there's some guys talking with her, I wait until she is alone and I go to her desk.

When I'm in front of her all the words that I planned to say they seems to just slip away. I panicked.

"Hi" I say. Well done Hyejoo.

"Hi Hyejoo!!!" Wow, the way she said my name just makes it sound beautiful... 

"What are those?" She said. She notice the gifts that I prepare. There's no turning back, I'm ready...

"Those are for you" I said.

"Really?! Thank you!!! You didn't have to tho!!"

Yes, I didn't have to...

"Well, they're not from me" Yes they are...

"Oh, really?" I'm sorry...  

"Yes, they're from Yeonjun" No, they're not...

"And where is he?"

"He wants to meet you in the garden"...

"Ok, thanks for telling me, see you later!!"

See you...

Well, I did it...

Here's the thing, Yeonjun, Chaewon and I are childhood friends, they are pretty popular, they have good looks, are very smart and good in literally everything they do, unlike me.

Chaewon is bright and beautiful, everybody loves her, that includes Yeonjun and I.

I've been in love with her since a long ago, and I love her enough to know that I'm not good for her. I'm the complete opposite of her, and she will never be happy with someone like me.

Yeonjun told me that he's in love with her, and ask me for help.

He wants to confess in a way that Chaewon never forgets, and I made sure that it was.

It's a very cliché way to do it but a very romantic too, Chaewon will love it.

She only deserve the best, and he is the only one that I will trust to be with her.

Yeah, I know, you probably think that I'm stupid, and maybe I am, but this is my way to confess my love for her, this is my way to protect her, to make sure that she'll be happy.

I'll never be good for her.

I know me.

She's too good for me. 

Please be happy...