Well, I like it - JiHyun

Everybody loves Jihyo!

 

 

Jihyo liked Mina, but Mina seemed to like anyone else. 

 

Chaeyoung and Sana loved Jihyo, for that, they hated Mina. Jihyo and Sana were high-school buddies, and loved each other like sisters, Chaeyoung, the little genius, became Sana's roommate when they got to college, it was about a month later that Sana announced they were dating and Chaeyoung just rolled with it. The younger one was weary of the best friends at first, but, soon, she saw why they didn’t even consider dating and shortly after, walking back from class, Jihyo got lost following a cat and she saw what her girlfriend had always seen.

 

They were a great trio, if you saw one, the other two were bound to be around, and the couple were very saddened to see Jihyo, the great soul and innocent heart she was, foolishly hold on to feelings towards the campus .  Not even a month into classes, Mina had made a reputation for herself as the campus she-wolf, she was in all the exclusive circles, was invited to all the parties and had made it to more bedrooms than she cared to count. The two very different girls became roommates because the college assigned rooms randomly and one could only apply to change rooms after their first year if there were vacancies.

 

And that’s how the first semester went by, all being overworked, Jihyo being a sweetheart, Sana and Chaeyoung trying to keep her out of trouble and Mina getting into more pants than classes. By the time their summer vacation neared, things had to change, and fast, Jihyo had been spending more and more time on the couple’s sofa, Mina would always have someone over, and last time Jihyo insisted on going in, things didn’t end too well.

 

On that day, Jihyo came back and needed some of the books that were on her table, she knew before she reached the door that her roommate had company, but her grades were too important for her to be stopped. So she went in anyways, there, she found Mina, with someone she didn’t care to know about, ON HER BED, and that brought Jihyo back to many other times where she found her sheets crumpled, with some unidentified spots in them, she had to spend extra to get them washed and that meant a few lunches skipped.

 

Upon seeing it, Jihyo got her books in silence, made herself a sleepover duffle bag and was out the door faster than any of the occupants could register. She came back a few days later, packed everything she could and decided to pay for storage just so she wouldn’t have to deal with Mina again, that was also the day she applied to change rooms as soon as possible. The campus office staff was really understanding, and explained that she couldn’t be moved before the end of the year. So Jihyo made a deal with Chaeyoung and Sana and started living on their couch, a few weeks in their room would be much better than going back to her own.

 

Mina was shocked when she came to her room one day and her roommate was gone, she knew the girl couldn’t have moved, so finding everything the other owned gone was confusing, except the sheets she had last used on the other bed. She smirked and made her way to her desk, goal one accomplished, have a room to herself, it did bring up a pang on her chest but pushed it aside, tonight was a party and she fully intended to go all out.

 

Sana and Chaeyoung’s room was one floor down and on the other side of the building, so Mina’s party could be heard but would not disturb them too much, what would disturb them was Nayeon and Jeongyeon, another couple the three were friends with and roomed next door to Ji- Mina, they knew where to find the second occupant of the room and made their way to try and solve their problem.

 

“Yeonnie, Jeong! Come in.” Sana ushers.

 

“Hey Sana, is Jihyo here?” Nayeon asks, a little too seriously.

 

“Yeah, come on in.” And both do. “Ji, you have visitors.”

 

Jihyo was sitting on one of the study desks with Chaeyoung, doing some of their work. Sana had been working on her things herself, but the two younger ones had some classes together and she shared none with them.

 

“Unnies, why are you looking for me?” The former neighbor asks.

 

“Could you come with us and tell your roommate to stop the bull?” Jeongyeon loses her patience.

 

“Alright, what did you two do this time?” Jihyo directs at Sana and Chaeyoung.

 

“No, Ji, your real roommate. Come on, we are trying to get that party stopped and she already slammed the door in our faces.”

 

“I didn’t tell you two, did I?” 

 

Both shake their heads and look confused.

 

“I’m not staying in that room anymore. I’m staying here until I can find another room, we moved my stuff out this morning and they were kind enough to let me stay here until I can officially get reassigned.” Jihyo gestures to her new roommates.

 

“What? Why? How?” Jeongyeon is the one to speak up.

 

“She was on my bed with someone last night. I made the connection to how many times I’ve found my bed trashed and the explanation was clear. So I just got some things for the night and came over, I already went to the office and asked to be moved, Sana helped me to pack up and take my boxes to the storage this morning while Mina was out.”

 

“So you are not going back there?” Nayeon asks, more to herself than to the others.

 

“Not a chance. We are not letting her go back to that room.” Chaeyoung says, draping her arms around the girl.

 

“We aren’t either, not after we know what she does. But, can we sleep here tonight? I doubt we are getting any rest with that damned party happening.” Nayeon asks tiredly.

 

“Sure you can, do you guys have sleeping bags over at your rooms? We don’t have any, and the floor on it’s own isn’t that comfy.” Sana gestures for them to make themselves at home.

 

“I can do one thing, though.” All eyes are on Jihyo now. “I’m still registered to that room, so it’s still officially mine. I’ll go down to the office to make a formal complaint about it.”

 

“Now, that’s great thinking.” Chaeyoung beams. “I’ll go with you and we can get some food on the way back.”

 

“Be careful you two, and here.” Nayeon hands them some money.

 

Jeongyeon and Sana proceed to chip in as well, with that, the two youngest were out. Getting to the elevator, they could hear the loud music and smell the cigarettes, it was a non smoking building, and Jihyo was even more certain she wanted to shut that party down. The complaint was easy, just one form to fill and they were sent off, having one of the residents making the complaint sped things up, so much so, that when they returned with the food, party had already been shut down.

 

The night went off without another hitch, and so the trio had begun their semester together. Jihyo knew couples needed their own space, and tried her very best to give them as much as she could manage, staying late on the library during the week, going home on the weekends, anything she could come up with to express how grateful she was to still have a room to come back to after she was driven out of hers.

 

“You are still around.” A voice she hadn’t heard in a while, Mina.

 

“Do you need anything? The library isn’t a place for casual talk.” Jihyo has an indifferent demeanor and an ice cold voice.

 

“Never thought you would be the type to be cruel.” The other says as she sits down.

 

“I’m not really friendly to those I don’t know. If there is nothing you should be doing, I’ll take my leave. Good day, miss.” The older one leaves before any objection could be made.

 

Mina isn’t about to give up, though, she had been bothered for too long about her roommate leaving without a trace. She pegged it to not being good with rejections.

 

“Wait.” Mina catches up.

 

“It there something else, miss?” Jihyo just wants to leave, she had quickly texted Chaeyoung about the situation while the other hadn’t caught up.

 

“No- I mean, yes. You just left.”

 

“I did. You seemed to need the space, it’s alright, I don’t intend on returning.”

 

“Isn’t that a little unfair?”

 

“To me? Certainly. But things are already settled, and you don’t need to bother.” The cold voice is piercing.

 

Chaeyoung arrives just as Mina makes to take Jihyo’s wrist and reaches them before it happens. She makes sure to hold her friend tight and pulls her backwards a little.

 

“Hey, Ji. Am I late?” The smaller girl asks, giving her friend the ‘play along’ look and pulling in for a peck on the cheek.

 

“Not at all, I was just leaving.”

 

“Hi, I’m sorry, but I have to take this girl back.” 

 

Mina fails to answer, torn between getting angry about this other girl holding Jihyo tight, seemingly not having a reason to feel this way, and being frustrated about the girl she had been searching for since the day she left going away without allowing her to talk. Not managing to react in time, she just stands there until the duo is out of sight and heads off to some party, maybe getting into someone’s pants will help getting Jihyo out of her head.

 

“What was that about?” The smaller on asks as soon as they are out of sight.

 

“You tell me, she just showed up at the library and started acting like we were friends or whatever.” The older responds just as confused.

 

“Well, we are gonna put your avoiding us on a time out, and you are gonna come right back to our room from now own.”

 

“I’m not avoiding you?”

 

“Ji, we aren’t dumb. Sana and I have been wondering why you’ve been avoiding us all this time, she is taking it worse, you know.” Chaeyoung explains as she opens the door.

 

“She is right. I’ve been meaning to ask, but you aren’t here enough for me to do that.” Sana was waiting for them by the door.

 

“Okay, I’m not avoiding you two, sure I haven’t been around, but it’s not because I’m trying to run from you.” Jihyo begins, taking off her coat and shoes and sitting on ‘her’ bed. “I just want to give you two your own space, I’m more than grateful that you took me in, so I’m trying to do something nice and give you time on your own. To do the couple stuff, you know?!”

 

“Wait, so you’ve been keeping yourself out of here to let us date?” The older one tries to understand better.

 

“And it’s because we did what best friends should do and gave you a place to stay when you needed it?” The girlfriend continues.

 

“That would be correct.” 

 

“Aw, Ji, you lovely idiot.” Sana coos and proceeds to smother her friend in a hug.

 

“You are lucky we like you so much.” Chaeyoung pitches in and hugs the other side.

 

“Now I might get a little angry.”

 

“Ji, you don’t have to do all that just because you think we need you to not be here. Chae and I talked about it, and we don’t mind keeping things pg for a while, it’s not you keeping us from each other. And you know that I would totally tell you if I ever needed the room for the night.”

 

“I know, but still-”

 

“Now be quiet, let us love you and we’ll talk more in the morning.” The smallest demands.

 

“Wait, you two aren’t going to the other bed? And I haven’t washed up yet.”

 

“Shhhhh, just accept it.” Sana shuts her up, turns the lights out, as one of the switches is near her, and cuddles closer.

 

And they spend the night just like that, Sana and Jihyo should have remembered that it would be a bad idea in the morning, and there would be a lot of explanation to be done. The problem is, Jihyo had a…. Companion? Downstairs and, being the very much hormone ridden she was, mornings could be a bit of a hassle. Sana had known about it since ever, having fallen on Jihyo shortly after they met, a terrible untied shoelace accident that both promised to bury and let die.

 

Chaeyoung, on the other hand, was very surprised when she woke up and saw something poking her that was, most definitely, not supposed to be there. She panicked a little and managed to wake her girlfriend up without the third one being disturbed. Sana, in turn, just started laughing at her flustered girlfriend, shaking her fiend awake and almost choking on air after a particularly loud snort.

 

“Sana, you do know I don’t have classes at.” Jihyo mumbles and looks at the clock. “Five thirty in the morning? This better be important, or I’m killing you both, and hiding your bodies so good that not even sky daddy can find and taking over this room.”

 

“Oh shush, this is great.” The angry girl is confused. “Just look down. Chaeyoung is freaking out.” And then laughter resumes.

 

Jihyo sees what is happening, taking a pillow and putting it over her lap. Then she turns to Chaeyoung and manages to get the girl to sit down.

 

“I- Wha- How?” Is what they hear.

 

“So, as you just found out, I have this thing down there, and I’m really surprised Sana didn’t tell you. But I promise it’s nothing you should worry about, and I’m just the same Jihyo as always, you just found out another thing about me.” Jihyo says, getting a little antsy.

 

That seems to have worked, and now Sana is the one in trouble….. Or maybe not.

 

“Soooo….. I gots to ask.” The smaller begins, a mischievous smile plays on her lips. “Is it big?”

 

“I’m gonna go and wash up, might as well start the day, as you idiots woke me up.” Jihyo shoots up and races to the bathroom, not even really thinking about what clothes she got on the way.

 

As for her luck, she ends up with sweatpants and a fitted shirt, both leaving little to imagination, and, having slept with her compression shorts on, she is too sore to put them again. Jihyo just argues that it’s just Sana and Chae, they are her friends, there is nothing to worry about.

 

“Alright, how did I not know, or even noticed, any of that going on?” The shortest one asks after Jihyo is back and sitting on Sana’s bed.

 

“Okay, can you, like, not?” Jihyo protests and gets giggles in return. “Also, I’m feeling like a piece of meat here, stop staring, please.”

 

“In my defense, I woke up to it rubbing on me. And I’m really asking how could I not even notice? We live together.”

 

“I wear compression shorts almost all the time, and I also have my ways for when I don’t, meaning when I’m sleeping. On that note, Sana, last night was a move-”

 

“It sure was.” Chaeyoung can’t help the comment.

 

“Not now, Chaengie.” Sana says with a loving pat on her girlfriend’s head.

 

“You know I wear the compression shorts all the time and should get them off before sleeping. Today I’m aching and there is class in two hours.” Jihyo finishes, ignoring the couple’s exchange.

 

“I’m sorry, Ji. I really didn’t remember that last night, we were so worried about you that I didn’t think of anything else besides you getting back safely.”

 

“I guess it’s alright. And now that Chaeyoung knows, I can stop wearing them in the room.”

 

“Oh, you should stop wearing them completely.” Said woman quips enthusiastically.

 

“Son Chaeyoung, stop your right there.” Sana scolds playfully. “But yeah, you should stop wearing them completely. I know how painful they can get for you and how bad they are in summer, which is coming soon and I don’t want you fainting again.”

 

“That was one time and we were hiking with sixty other kids in the middle of a heat wave.”

 

“Still, you fainted and I had to fight our teacher to let me help you cool off and remove those things, they were sweaty and gross, by the way.” 

 

“Thank you for that, but it’s not like I didn’t save you from twisting your ankle an hour before that.”

 

They continue to bicker for a while after that, Chaeyoung is more than amused to learn more about the girls and their adventures. That brings her back to her own childhood friend, who was set to start college there soon. Maybe she would be a good match for Jihyo, they were both lovely and caring, and the older one had proven time and again that she could take good care of them all. It was time to call some favors and get the two together in this campus.

 

“As much as I love seeing you two spout out each other’s dirty secrets, we should head out for breakfast. Jihyo has classes soon.”

 

“Oh, right, thanks Chae. You two are getting ready or can we head out?” Jihyo asks as she goes out to get her bag.

 

“I intend to get some more sleep after breakfast. But, are you sure you are going out like that?” Sana answers while trying to find socks.

 

“What do you mean? Is this not okay?”

 

“We are perfectly fine with it, but you might want to consider changing into some jeans. You are….. A small giant, per se.” The youngest replies.

 

“Oh, right. That. Jeans, yes.” Jihyo fumbles to get another pair of pants, forgetting the very midget watching her and changes in front of her roommates.

 

The two older ones had been around each other enough to not even bat an eye to changing clothes, Jihyo firmly believes Sana has been around her more than she can count, and the other got too used to the extra appendix to keep minding it. The girlfriend, however, knew Jihyo was hot and adorable, and, if she wasn’t dating her best friend, would definitely try for her, so, seeing that hot and protuberant bulge through those y black and well fitted boxers left her very hot and very much bothered. The couple would be skipping on more sleep after breakfast.

 

Once Jihyo left for class, Chaeyoung was quick to push her girlfriend against the door and begin her activities, which lasted about an hour, the time they had to spare before attending to their own schedules. Nayeon caught up to them once they reached Sana’s building, Chae’s classes were half an hour later than her girlfriend’s so why not take her to class. 

 

“Spill.” Was the first thing out of the eldest mouth.

 

“Good morning to you too, Nayeon. We are great, thanks for asking, how about you?” Sana is a little frustrated.

 

“Look, I don’t care about what you two did it this morning. I want to know what’s up with Jihyo and that friend of hers downstairs.”

 

“Do I get worried that you know about our life or that you just admitted to be eyeing my best friend?” 

 

“Chaeyoung is smiling like a fool and you have fresh hickeys. I know it wasn’t last night because Jihyo went back earlier, Jeong was at the library and saw everything. Also, Jeong is like that too, I think I just got used to noticing it.”

 

“Oh.” Sana is stunned.

 

“And how do you know we weren’t having fun with Jihyo last night?” Chaeyoung challenges.

 

“Oh, please. She is too cute for any of you to have the guts to even suggest something like that. Now, why is she free today and why haven’t you told us?” 

 

“I-” Chaeyoung begins.

 

“I was the only one who knew, and Ji prefers to not tell people unless they ask.” Sana cuts in. “And you didn’t notice because she prefers to wear compression shorts. We kind of cuddled her to sleep last night, so she didn’t remove them, now she can’t wear them again until tomorrow, unless she wants to lose circulation on some important parts.”

 

“oh…. OH! That explains a lot. I’m gonna come by later with Jeong, I think my idiot could talk her into not wearing those torture instruments anymore.”

 

“Thanks Yeonnie. Right now we should head to class, come on. Make sure to drag Jihyo to lunch.” Sana says the last part looking at her girlfriend, kisses her goodbye and drags, quite literally, their eldest friend to class.

 

Turns out, Sana was very spot on when she said to drag Jihyo over, Chaeyoung almost lost her when classes ended but managed to get the girl before she disappeared in the crowd. They talked, Jeongyeon threatened telling Mina where Jihyo was staying if she didn’t stay in her room and wait for them after classes, and overall, it was a pleasant meal.

 

“I’m sitting in front of the door and we are on the third floor, how do you plan on getting out, exactly?” Sana asks, not even bothering looking up from her phone.

 

After the lunch ultimatum, Jihyo had been panicking. She never really liked talking about, well, that, to anyone, or at all for the matter, but Chaeyoung never let her out of sight and Sana was waiting for them when classes were dismissed. Ever since they got to their room, the couple has been taking turns sitting in front of the door, and this was her sixth attempt at escaping. The duo got bored and Chae had already messaged the other two to hurry up or they were letting Jihyo loose.

 

“Open up, we’re here.” Comes Nayeon’s voice from outside.

 

“Good, you are all still alive. With Chaengie’s call I thought you lovebirds would have killed this one by now.” Jeongyeon mocks, gesturing to Jihyo at the end. 

 

“Ihaveaquestion!” Jihyo blurts out, but they could understand.

 

“No.” Sana answers curtly. “She is trying to talk her way out of this.” The fed up girl adds, seeing the confused looks.

 

“Okay, so no.” Jeongyeon begins, making herself comfortable. “Why don’t you begin by telling us why you never said anything?”

 

“Nobody asked. And I can’t just come out and say ‘oh, guys, I happen to have a ’, can I?!” Jihyo gets flustered.

 

“Sure you can! Hey guys, I have a .” Jeong says, annoyed.

 

“To be fair, you are way more confident about yourself than my girl here.” Sana, then, proceeds to side-hug her friend in distress.

 

“Still, it’s not that big of a deal, not even that rare. You don’t have to restrain yourself like this. Tell you what, just trust me and you’ll see it’s not that bad.” The older one proposes.

 

“What are you suggesting?” Chaeyoung gets interested.

 

“I’m saying, let’s set that little birdie free. Get you some good underwear, make sure they don’t hurt and some more comfortable pants. Don’t look at me like that, I have eyes and your lower body fashion isn’t the best for people like us.” 

 

At that, Nayeon and Sana are already choking from laughter, Chaeyoung got slightly embarrassed, maybe remembering the sight that graced her in the morning. Jeongyeon, although trying to make things lighter, is very serious about it, her and Nayeon had housed Jihyo enough times to have developed a motherly love for the girl they often found sleeping just outside the door of her own room. Both would get her into their own room and make sure she was warm and fed for the night, that’s how their dislike for the Myoui Mina, campus heartthrob came to be.

 

“Do I have any say in this?” Jihyo have already given up.

 

“No. But it will be good. Now, there is one thing I’m very curious about.” Nayeon managed between laughter. “Is it big?”

 

“Oh, you have no idea.” Chaeyoung is the one to answer. “She switched pants in front of us this morning and, boy, was I not expecting that.”

 

“Don’t worry, Ji. The midget (“Hey!”) won’t do anything about it, she just gets worked up like that for almost anything that breathes.” Sana comforts the distressed girl.

 

“I do not!” Midget gets angry.

 

“Honey, I saw you try to a tree last week when you got drunk.” Jihyo is the one reporting.

 

“You promised to not tell.”

 

“You told about my privates, I say we are even.” The slightly taller midget isn’t phased.

 

“Fine, but remember I still have last month against you.”

 

“Alrighty, then. Hyo, we are going shopping this weekend, and I’m confiscating all those torture instruments you use, god knows why.” Jeongyeon cuts in the argument before both start spilling any more secrets. “But, Chae, a tree?”

 

“I was drunk and she was a very attractive lady.” Now she is sulking.

 

“Why am I dating this again?” Sana questions, gesturing to Chaeyoung from her place beside Jihyo.

 

“That’s what we all want to know. I mean, Jihyo is right there, single and ready to mingle.” Nayeon taunts.

 

“If anyone in this relationship is going for Jihyo, that’s me.” Chaeyoung rebutts.

 

“Well, Sana and I do have history, and she is already seen all my faces, I don’t think we would be a bad match at all. But Chae is interesting, and I really want to see how many breathing things she can manage to try and have her way with by graduation.” Jihyo ponders.

 

“I really want to know about these stories you two have together, but I’m really afraid I won’t look at Chaengie the same way again.” Sana wonders out loud.

 

“Just listen to me on this one, let it rest in peace. I’ll take care of Chae, but don’t try and witness these things, it’s better that I’m the only one going through them.” Jihyo’s voice gets serious and her expression slightly frightened.

 

“Speaking of which, my best friend is coming to our college next year.” Midget tries to divert the topic.

 

“Oh, that’s new. You never told me Dubs got in.” Sana chirps.

 

“She told me, what, three days ago. I told her I already have a roommate for her.”

 

“Dubs?” Nayeon doesn’t hold back her curiosity.

 

“Yeah, she is as white as tofu and just as fluffy. It just seemed fitting, and Yoda was the one to come up with it.”

 

“Yoda?” Jeongyeon is the one to ask this time.

 

“Our other friend. I met Yoda when we were thirteen, and we met Dubs when we got to our first year of highschool.”

 

“But I thought you skipped like two years?” The eldest is still trying to understand.

 

“Yeah, so did Yoda. Dubs only skipped one, though.”

 

“These damn geniuses…” Jeongyeon mutters to herself.

 

“So, you got two friends coming?” Jihyo quips.

 

“No, Yoda is on another college, the one Dubs is attending right now.”

 

“Oh, and why is she changing?” Taller midget continues.

 

“She said our labs are much better here, and that a passionate doctor to be, like herself, she must go after the best. Yoda is in vet school, and the internship options for her college are better, so she doesn’t plan on changing. And her girlfriend is over there too.”

 

“That’s smart. So we’ll have a transferee soon?! I hope I get to room with her.” Jihyo wishes.

 

“We hope too, she is really nice.” Sana adds.

 

Then they go on to Chaeyoung talking about her friends, Jihyo knew about them and Sana knew them personally, they made plans to have a party for the, still, mysterious Dubs once the girl gets settled. As promised, Jeongyeon was knocking at their door at eight the next saturday, Nayeon tagging along because she wanted to be there for pictures of Jihyo on cute clothes she was definitely putting the girl on, and the weird couple (everyone was surprised they were actually ready on time) demanded to be taken as well, as they were feeling left out and Nayeon was going too.

 

That was how Jihyo got some comfortable pants, some fancy underwear Jeongyeon swore felt like heaven (they did), and Nayeon had acquired about 6gb of Jihyo in whatever cute clothing herself and the weird couple managed to find, from a Jigglypuff onesie, to a schoolgirl sailor outfit, to a kid’s tux (the ones with shorts, not long pants), to, and this was Sana’s favorite, a grey shirt and loose flannel pants. Chaeyoung just enjoyed the fashion show and kept coming up with ‘flattering’ pants, and maybe an excuse for tops just to say she chose a full outfit.

 

What none of them predicted, was to one specific abandoned (ex?)roommate to notice the change and get interested. Mina saw Jihyo wearing sweatpants the following monday, and she was very much interested. At the sight, there was that unexplainable feeling tightening her chest, she just walked faster and tried to not think about it too much. That is, until she got to class and started being questioned about the rumors.

 

“Hey, Myoui, we have something to ask you.” Irene, one of Mina’s ‘friends’.

 

“What is it, Bae? I’m kind of busy.” She knew exactly what the other wanted.

 

“That midget Park girl is your roommate, right?” 

 

“Like you aren’t shorter.” Mina snorts. “And no, she isn’t. Moved out shortly after the semester began. Guess finding me having fun on her bed did it.”

 

“Then I have no use for you.” Irene makes to leave.

 

“Maybe we could figure out a use for me on my very much solo room.” Mina smirks.

 

“Maybe we could. But now I’m more interested in that Park girl.”

 

“I’ve been hearing some buzz about her today, what happened anyways?”

 

“Seems like she stopped hiding and girlie is loaded.”

 

“You mean…?” Mina’s eyes flicker down and back up.

 

“That’s what I mean. Pity you never really knew before she left, huh.” Irene jabs and, finally, walks away.

 

Mina is frustrated, and that feeling is back. She sure would need a good distraction tonight, so she messages Bam-Bam, he always knows every party that happens on campus, and who attended each one, and tonight was a night for prime company. So, off she went to get ready and try to spot the girl who was making her feel this frustrated. They only had a few more weeks of classes, and then Jihyo would be gone for good, she had to deal with that before the time came.

 

It so happened that Jihyo was very good at avoiding her former roommate, Mina had almost given up, it was her last day of classes, Jihyo’s had finished two days prior, not that she checked, and how was she supposed to find the girl. Well, her target seemed to not have left yet, when her last test was over and she saw the girl standing near her classroom. To her dismay, two other girls surrounded her and she was gone before Mina had a chance to do anything, this will have to wait for the new school year to begin.

 

The reason Jihyo didn’t leave when her classes ended was Nayeon, who demanded she came with her for the first week on her family’s beach house. Nothing scandalous, but it was nice enough, and Sana and Chae were coming too, but would get the smaller girl’s friends first, then head out. Jeongyeon was driving, and had already got Jihyo’s bags on her car the night before, so the girl was left to loiter around her room until the couple was finished with their finals. 

 

“Look at her, Jeong, she looks so cute with her kid shorts and little sailor shirt.” Nayeon squeals as soon as her eyes land on the younger one.

 

“You were the one who picked it out…… Literally!” Jeongyeon has had enough of this already.

 

“Stop being grumpy and look at our daughter.” 

 

“Just go with it? I want to get moving, I was promised some great food and haven’t eaten since lunch, which was just a salad.” Jihyo begs, looking at Jeongyeon.

 

“Fine. Yes, Nayeonie, our daughter looks the cutest.” The older girl gives in, also wanting to get moving.

 

“It could do with a little more enthusiasm, but I’ll take it. Just because our baby is hawngwy.” 

 

“Please never do that again.” Jeong pleads to her girlfriend. “Let’s go, we still have an hour and a half of road ahead of us. And the weirdos have already left, Chae sent a message about half an hour ago.”

 

The trio gets moving, then, with a very much not eavesdropping Mina lurking around. The ride to Nayeon’s beach house was stormy, for lack of a better word, Jeongyeon was made to drive, and Nayeon sat on the back cuddling a very uncomfortable Jihyo, and forgetting to guide her girlfriend who had the incredible ability to get lost going around the block. They got there in about forty minutes, and a lot of fighting from the couple, later.

 

“Oh my, she is adorable!” Is what Jihyo hears before being enveloped in a very tight hug.

 

“Momo, let the girl breathe and introduce yourself first. Hello, I’m Dahyun, Chaeyoung’s best friend.” A very cute and rather worried girl introduces herself.

 

“Hello, I’m Jeongyeon, that other idiot trying to fight Momo is Nayeon, my girlfriend and their helpless victim is Jihyo.”

 

“Nice to meet you all? Should we stop them?”

 

“Nah, just help me get the bags in and just leave them, they will work it out by themselves.” Jeongyeon dismisses lightheartedly.

 

“Alright. Should we, at least, save their victim?” Dahyun is still worried.

 

“Jihyo knows how to get out unscathered, don’t worry too much.”

 

And so, the duo gets the bags to the house, Jihyo joined them shortly after, also introducing herself to Dahyun and the other new girl, Tzuyu, both Chaeyoung’s best friends. Sana had vanished somewhere, claiming she wanted to explore the backyard that ended on the beach, a little ways from the residence. Chaeyoung had explained she placed a gps tracker on the girl, so it was okay to let her roam around.

 

The tall one, Tzuyu, was very aloof, despite her stoic looks, Jihyo noticed, Chaeyoung looked and seemed to be just a big baby, having been pouting for the last ten minutes because Momo took her strawberries. Dahyun was trying to not be too amused and get her friend to apologise, reminding her their small friend would continue to pout and sulk for the rest of the trip if she didn’t. 

 

The group was having a good time getting to know each other when a disheveled Sana popped back in, with a huge grin on her face and bloody knees. Chaeyoung and Jihyo just sighed and proceeded to guide the girl to sit down so they could tend to the wounds. Momo, Nayeon and Jeongyeon were a little shaken by their friend’s appearance, combined with the naturality the other four were facing the situation with.

 

“Sana is very clumsy, it’s normal for her to show up like that whenever we let her go outdoors.” Dahyun explained, an amused expression playing with her features.

 

“What?” Momo broke away from her trance.

 

“Sana is an accident magnet, I’m sure Jihyo and Chaeng are more used to it, living with her and all. But we’ve seen her hurt herself with nothing, more than enough times to not worry about some little scratches.” Tzuyu is the one to further explain.

 

“Those are considered scratches?” Nayeon is doubtful, but still weirdly impressed.

 

“Oh, trust us, they are. As long as we don’t have to run to the hospital with her, we are good.” Dahyun answers in a yawn, pulling Momo to sit with her on the sofa.

 

“And running with her to the hospital is something that happens often?” Jeongyeon ponders, more to herself than to the others.

 

“More than you might think. It’s alright, though, last time she had just sprained her ankle, I was the one with a broken finger, having tried to save her. WHICH I DID, just for the record.” Jihyo lets out a small huff, settling on the couch.

 

The others just sit back down as well, Tzuyu having sat down right next to Jihyo, and was making small talk when Chaeyoung brings Sana back to the living room. After tending to the wounds, Jihyo had told the smaller one to take her girlfriend to the bathroom and help her wash up, Sana had managed to fall into a bush that was sitting over some mud and needed to be washed immediately. It was Chae’s turn, so the couple was sent away. Jihyo and Chaeyoung had come up with a system to take care of Sana, they would treat her together, and take turns helping her around after.

 

Jihyo had taken care of her friend on the last accident, which gave her the broken finger, but she still managed her end of the deal. It was Chaeyoung’s turn for this injury. Some might ask if the younger one ever got jealous about another woman touching her girlfriend, or seeing her , but, whenever it came to Jihyo, none of the couple could feel jealous of each other about her. It was just one of those things where they both knew that, if ever, something came up, Jihyo would be the first one to speak up and try to take all the blame, so them both were certain there was no need to ever feel threatened by such a lovely and pure soul.

 

“Okay, guys?” Sana chirped as soon as Chaeyoung settled her down. “I saw there is going to be a beach party the day after tomorrow. Anybody up for it?”

 

“Sana, my dear squirrel, you just messed yourself up. How are you thinking of partying?” Momo was honestly concerned.

 

“I’m fine! And it’s two days from now!” Said girl protests.

 

“Chae, please talk some sense into your girlfriend.” Jeongyeon pleads.

 

“She will be fine. So, who is up for it?” Is the answer they get.

 

There were another series of protests from the inexperienced ones, Tzuyu had managed to maintain Jihyo’s attention, she had been told about Jihyo, the weird couple sold their friend to her really well, and now she had seen they were downplaying it by a lot. The small woman had her completely entranced, she was funny, understanding, honestly lovely and adorably naive at times. Tzuyu also didn’t fail to notice the very well crafted body she was sporting, but was a little dejected by the ridiculous sailor outfit that was forced upon her (the tall one would have a talk with Nayeon later).

 

Everyone noticed the cute little reactions Jihyo was having, except from Momo and Dahyun, they all knew Jihyo never really was the center of anyone's attention, maybe they had a big part of it, but their little friend was always the one listening and giving everyone attention. It warmed their hearts to see her so happy being paid attention to, and talking animatedly about whatever it was Tzuyu had asked her about. They all also noted how the youngest’s eyes were fond and awestruck while listening. If Tzuyu liked someone that fast, the person must be, indeed, great. So they made a silent understanding that it was time to get Dahyun into Jihyo’s pants, everyone knew the other way around would never happen.

 

Next morning came, and the entire group, except clueless and trusting Jihyo (bless her heart), Tzuyu was happy to have help, began their mission to get the single pair together and make it a couple’s retreat before the beach party. Truly, they had two weeks to accomplish their objective, but after Sana and Chaeyoung told them everything about Jihyo (who was left to sleep through their morning meeting, as was Dahyun), they were more than willing to get the girl a girl, and the weird couple also vouched for their bestfriend.

 

“We should wake her up.” Nayeon mentions, noticing it was about nine a.m.

 

“You mind, Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon suggests.

 

“I’ll go.” Tzuyu agreed, already standing up. “Better take any chance I can get to advertise my little mochi.”

 

“Tzu, wait. I don’t think it’s a good ide-” Chaeyoung tries to stop her. “a.” 

 

“What’s the problem, Chae?” Jeongyeon asks a little confused.

 

“I thought you would be the first one to understand.” Chaeyoung looks at her friend, her eyes flicker down and back up.

 

“Wha-” Jeongyeon stops and her eyes get huge. “Crap, I forgot about that!”

 

“Yeah, and now she already went. move, Jeong.” Sana reprimands.

 

“Can you fill me in, maybe?” Momo gets curious.

 

“Well, Jihyo, much like myself, has a- uhm…”

 

“.” The smallest one deadpans. “Jihyo has a . But she is a , and her hormones get the better of her in the mornings, so there is always morning wood.”

 

“Yeah, but she is always so private about this I forget it’s even there. And being seen like that by a girl that you are not very familiar with is not something very nice. Now I feel bad for not remembering.” Jeongyeon looks defeated.

 

“Really, move, Jeong. I, myself, still feel uncomfortable when it happens and Tzu sees it.” Momo chimes in.

 

“I know. But now is too late. I’ll just try and do better. After Jihyo has properly woken up, I’ll apologise.”

 

“You better. You know how our baby is about her body. She only stoped using her compression shorts this year, and now you sent a girl she doesn’t really know to see her.” Nayeon scolds.

 

“For all it’s worth, I think Tzu will be pleased to know.” Momo tries.

 

“Oh, trust me, she will be thrilled to learn about it.” Chaeyoung teases.

 

“That gifted, huh?!” The peach smirks.

 

“Biggest I’ve ever seen. Well, sorta, more like felt.” 

 

“Now you HAVE to tell.” 

 

“Chae and I hugged Jihyo to sleep one day, after Mina, her ex roommate, had cornered her, and I forgot that Ji needed to remove her compression shorts before sleeping, so we didn’t let her go. Next morning, we woke up with her stirring, and her front was turned to this midget here, so she felt it.” Sana explains before her girlfriend tries to overplay things.

 

“Why do you have to kill my vibe like this?”

 

“Because I know you will try to make it more than it was. Now, let’s just hope Jihyo won’t shut herself out again.”

 

They all agree and just wait out for whatever would come from the encounter in the bedroom, and hope that their small giant didn’t freak out too much from it. While all of that was happening  the living room, Tzuyu had made her way to the room the two sleeping ones were sharing, she found the sight adorable and decided to take a picture before proceeding. 

 

Jihyo felt someone trying to wake her up, she just mumbled and tried to turn around to keep sleeping, but this person wasn't letting her. She, then, remembered where she was and who she was sharing room with, sitting up on the bed and holding a pillow on her lap like her life depended on it, maybe it did. Tzuyu just let out a chuckle at the girl's panic. 

 

“We are all up. Nayeon said to come and wake you up, they want to go to the beach.” The younger informed, choosing to not comment anything else at the moment. 

 

“Oh, did I oversleep?” 

 

“Don't worry, it's not even nine yet. We just happened to wake up earlier. Go get changed, we are waiting for you to eat breakfast and start heading out.” 

 

“Sure. Can you, like, turn around for a little bit? Just so I can get up?”

 

“Is there a problem? Do you need help with anything?” Tzuyu had already seen it. 

 

The youngest just thought how cute it was that Jihyo remained so reserved. She saw when she woke her up, the other girl had been sleeping on her back, and it was not subtle at all, not that it was a problem or would get her freaked out, quite the contrary, really. But she gathered that she couldn't just joke it off like she did with Momo, and Jihyo had proven their friends right, she deserves someone who could love her at her own pace, but that was for Dahyun to handle later. 

 

“N-no, nothing is wrong. I would just feel more comfortable if you could turn around for a little bit.” Comes the shy answer. 

 

“Tell you what, I'll head back to the kitchen and wait for you there with the others. Just remember to wake Hyunnie up before you get down.” 

 

“That would be great, thank you, Tzu. I'm sorry for asking you to leave like this.” 

 

“Hey, don't worry. I don't mind. Just try not to take too long, Nayeonnie might come after you herself.“

 

“Oh, I just need a few minutes. Be right there.”

 

All Jihyo gets is a chuckle from the retreating girl, Tzuyu smiles to herself all the way back, getting teasing grins from her best friends, a knowing look from Sana and laughter from the others. 

 

“Did she freak out too much?” Sana asks, very concerned about her best friend. 

 

“I didn't mention it. She was so worried about covering herself that I thought it was best to not say anything.”

 

“Thank you, Tzu.” Sana says in all honesty. 

 

“Not a problem. I saw how nervous she got about it, it's nothing to be ashamed about, really.” 

 

“It's just her parents were never really happy that she was born like that. Different from Jeong and Momo, she grew up being told to hide it.” Sana lets out a frustrated huff. “I was the first person she confessed about it, and that was because I fell on her and she couldn't stop apologising for having it.”

 

“It's alright, I'll just try to talk to her later, when she's more comfortable. We are sharing a house, it's bound to happen.”

 

“Thank you.” Is all the older one says before going back to the table. 

 

Just in time too, as soon as Sana sits down, Jihyo rounds the corner, still in her pajamas, but Tzuyu noticed she had put on her compression shorts and was slightly disappointed with it. Not that she was a ert like Chaeyoung, but the thought Jihyo still didn't feel comfortable with herself to show her true colors was a bit heartbreaking. 

 

They made quick work of the breakfast, seeing the beach was just a few meters from the house, they decided some towels and some parasols were enough, they could just go back to the house if they needed anything else. The group was off to change, Jihyo insisted Dahyun used the room, so she just got her things and left for the common bathroom. The youngest swayed a little more at how considerate the older was being all the time, ever since their first meeting the day prior. 

 

When they regrouped, everyone's swimsuits was appraised by, well, everyone. Much to general disappointment, especially Nayeon’s, who chose the cute outfits that were discarded, and Chaeyoung, Dahyun and Tzuyu, who just wanted to gawk at the girl, Jihyo showed up wearing some baggy shorts that left all to imagination and a rashguard. 

 

“Are you, at least wearing the swimsuit we bought together? You know it's bad to go to the beach in other things, and compressions shorts are a big no no.” Jeongyeon, worried, came up and whispered to Jihyo. 

 

“I'm wearing them. Don't worry, even I know I can't wear those with sand around. But I don't want to be without my baggy shorts right now.” Comes the hushed reply. 

 

Nodding in understanding, Jeongyeon goes back to the chatting while they finish gathering everything. Heading out, they found some nice shade by the palm trees and decided to set camp there, still putting up the parasols and Jihyo making sure everyone had put enough sunscreen, everyone had, but they just felt like letting her put some more on them just because. Dahyun expertly snatched the bottle from her, demanding Jihyo would take off her rashguard and let her do the same, everyone else just pretended not to notice, until Jihyo complied and removed it, revealing a red bikini top that hugged her body just the right way.

 

That ended up with Chaeyoung having to be restrained, Tzuyu having a nosebleed, Momo stopped working, Jeongyeon feeling proud and happy the bathing suit she chose was the one Jihyo was using and Nayeon took the time to rethink her life choices. Sana was just busy trying to stop her girlfriend from pouncing her best friend, and she had been with Jihyo long enough for this kind of fashion choice to not affect her, after seeing Jihyo in tighty whities, , boxers, you name it, almost nothing phased her anymore.

 

“Done, now wait a little for the sunscreen to be absorbed properly.” Dahyun recommends, capping the bottle and handing it back.

 

“I don’t think I’ll put it back on, it’s too hot, and I don’t intend to go swimming anyways.” Jihyo answers with a smile. “It feels nice here in the shade, I don’t really like the feeling of seawater after it dries anyways. It feels sticky.”

 

“I get what you are saying. Guess I’m settling up here, then.”

 

“What? No, go have fun, no need to worry about me.”

 

“I have a lot of fun with you. Relax, I’m fine staying here, I can take the time to get to know you a bit better too.”

 

“If-if You say so.” The smaller woman blushes and keeps mumbling something.

 

Dahyun just watches, amused, and begins to make conversation, their friends had already moved to the beach and are entering the ocean to have their fun, meaning trying to throw the beach ball to one another and failing miserably. Soon enough, Sana drags Tzuyu over to the shade and traps her there demanding that the girl stops being stubborn and get out of the sun, Momo was too busy swimming around to remember her troublesome girlfriend. 

 

“Now be a good girl and stay in the shade for mommy.” Is what they hear before a very red Tzuyu is placed beside them.

 

“Sana, I told you to stop with your weird mommy kink. Save it for Chaeyoung and your own bedroom walls.”

 

“She doesn’t have a mommy kink.” Jihyo says, as if it’s common knowledge.

 

“What?”

“Eh?!” 

 

The two younger interject at the same time, Sana just giggles and places herself on Jihyo’s lap, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Dahyun frowns a little, but remembers a conversation she had with Chaeyoung, when the weird couple just got together, about how the two were closer than sisters, but never thought about each other in a romantic way, which seems to calm her down a little. 

 

“Sana doesn’t have a mommy kink, she just really thinks of us as her daughters.” The smaller girl further explains.

 

“I don’t know where people get the idea I have one.” Sana looks honestly confused.

 

“Given how affectionate and, uhm….. Unusual you are, people might get ideas.” Dahyun tries to explain.

 

“I’m only affectionate towards the people close to me, though?”

 

“Sana, sweetie, other people don’t know you like we know you. Seeing you show that much affection to all of us makes rumors spread. I love it, though, and I’m sure I’m not the only one. And you are also not weird, you and Chaengie are just your true selves without restrictions, and we all love you both for that.” Jihyo soothes her friend, nuzzling further into her neck.

 

Dahyun swallows a small lump on , reminding herself these two were like that, and if she was really interested in Jihyo, she would have to learn how to cope with this close relationship they had. That’s when she made the decision to talk to Chaeyoung about it, and ask how the cub learned to deal with this. 

 

“That is very true, Ji. And don’t mind the rumors, they are just people who don’t know us and think they caught a glimpse of our private lives, when they didn’t.” Tzuyu assures the older woman. “And can I go back to the sea and play now?”

 

“That you can’t TzuTzu, the sun is already too hot, and you are going to be complaining of the sunburn tonight as it is. I don’t want Mo crawling into my bed and complaining you can’t cuddle her again.” Sana scolds.

 

“That was like, one time.” The tall girl tries to defend herself.

 

“It was three times, the other two I had locked my door and she couldn’t come in!” Sana is really annoyed now.

 

“Yeah, those times she came to MY bed and demanded I cuddled her until morning because ‘TzuTzu couldn’t and Sacchan was a meanie and sent her away’.” Dahyun complains, imitating Momo at the last part.

 

“Fine.” Tzuyu huffs but settles down anyways.

 

“So, what were you two doing before we came?” Sana chirps up.

 

“Nothing much, we were just talking. Getting to know each other a bit better.” Dahyun says shyly.

 

“Hyun is really interesting. And funny.” Jihyo encourages.

 

“Ji, you don’t have to be nice. We all know Hyunnie’s jokes are almost on Jeong and Chae’s level.” Tzuyu seems to be done sulking.

 

“I like it, though? Being honest, the effort is cute.” 

 

“Aw, Ji. You are so cute I might just eat you all up.” Sana squeals.

 

“I’ll pass. Last time you said that I ended up being bitten.”

 

“That was an accident, I was sleepy and thought it was a fresh bun.” The taller one defends.

 

“Do we want to know what she bit?” Tzuyu sounds doubtful.

 

“We obviously do.” Dahyun urges.

 

Jihyo mumbles something, Sana is a little purplish (red was a few shades ago) and trying to flee, which doesn’t work because she made the mistake to be sitting on Jihyo’s lap and her traitor friend is using her as a shield. Dahyun seems to have understood something, and is now laughing her off, Tzuyu looks to have understood as well, and is sporting a very bright shade of red. That’s the moment the group decides to come back, and takes a lot of interest in whatever is happening.

 

“What is going on?” Chaeyoung is the one to ask, sitting beside Jihyo.

 

“Jihyo said Sana bit her.” Dahyun manages.

 

“It happened a couple of times. I bit Jihyo before too. But why are you all laughing like that?” The smallest one is still confused.

 

By then, everyone was settled down in the shade, drinking some refreshments and waiting for some explanation. Sana whispers something to her girlfriend, who starts laughing as well.

 

“Okay, could any of you explain, please?” Nayeon gets impatient.

 

“Okay, so, Sacchan is hard to wake up in the mornings. There was this day when we went to bed hungry because we were both too lazy to make something.” Chaeyoung controls herself and starts telling what happened. “So, Jihyo was in the bathroom getting dressed and Sana had crawled there, thinking it was the kitchen. This woman has bad eyesight. So, she saw Jihyo’s behind and thought it was fresh bun, in her sleepy daze, she just sunk her teeth in and started nibbling away. I never heard Jihyo scream so loud, we got scolded by the dorm perfect and avoided being punished once she heard what happened.”

 

Everyone erupts in a fit of laughter, the parties involved are ashamed enough to turn around and try to make themselves invisible. 

 

“Wait, hold up. That means Jihyo has…” Nayeon ponders.

 

“A perfect round and tanned ? She does. Let me tell you, it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen.” Chaeng confirms.

 

“Can we stop talking about my behind?” 

 

“We can if you show it. I mean, I’m sure everyone is very curious now.” Jeongyeon offers.

 

“Keep talking.” Jihyo cuts the suggestion off and makes her point by strongly sitting down.

 

“Aw, come on, Ji. We are just going to gawk at it from now on if you keep trying to hide it.” Momo negotiates.

 

“How about you just take off your baggy shorts? We did go buy you the perfect swimsuit afterall.” Jeongyeon proposes.

 

“But it’s too revealing.” The woman in question gets shy again.

 

“It’s not. The lady helped us find one that fits you perfectly.” The older one insists.

 

“Hold up, you two went shopping without me?” Nayeon is offended.

 

“Yeonnie, we love you, but everyone knows you would never allow Jihyo to choose what she liked best. Plus, it’s something you wouldn’t understand, our need for a well fitted swimsuit.” Jeong soothes her girlfriend, embracing her.

 

“Jeong is right, you know? It’s really bad whenever we get uncomfortable clothes or underwear.” Momo chimes in.

 

“I’ll let you all off because that top is already really good, and I want to see the rest.” Nayeon concedes.

 

“ButIdon’twanttoshowitoff.” Jihyo mumbles.

 

“Ji, hey, look at me.” Sana says softly, holding her friend’s face fondly. “There is nothing you need to be ashamed or afraid about. We are all here for you.” 

 

“Nobody is going to think bad of you if you decide to show yourself more.” Chaeyoung says, reaching around Sana to take one of her cheeks in her hand.

 

“I just-” 

 

“We know, Ji, but you know you can trust us. We’ll have your back no matter what.” Nayeon is the one to try this time.

 

“Promise you won’t be mean?” The small woman sounds like a frightened child.

 

“We could never even consider it. We all love you too much.” Jeongyeon asures.

 

“okay…..” Comes in a small voice.

 

“Okay?” Nayeon confirms.

 

Jihyo just nods and turns around, taking off her baggy shorts. Under them, there is a pair of shorts, reaching her mid-thighs, matching the top, and emphasising the heavenly chiseled legs the woman was hiding. Her , that was a work of art itself, round, firm and enticing. The girls had figured Jihyo had a great figure, given her love for the gym and rigorous diet, but seeing it right in front of them like that was an experience they would never forget. 

 

Sana and Chaeyoung were already used to it, after the compression short accident Jihyo had talked to the couple and revealed she was trying to be respectful to the younger one, as Sana had been her best friend long enough for those reservations to not matter at all. The couple assured her it was alright and there was no need for her to hide herself from them, and Jihyo had been more free, walking around on more comfortable clothing. 

 

The others were all by the sight on varying levels. Tzuyu and Dahyun being the obviously most affected. Nayeon was the one who managed to get herself together first and speak up. Jihyo was still with her back to them, mind you. 

 

“Okay, I must say I can't blame Sana for the mistake.” 

 

“Thank you! You see how I got confused?! And everyone knows it takes me a while to start functioning in the morning.” Sana chirps from her girlfriend's lap. 

 

“It's not all that.” Jihyo says, feeling shy, as she turns around. 

 

There is another shock wave, her thigh muscles are more clear from the front, and her gifts are on a red display (the swimsuit) that seems to hold them just right, under some rock solid eleven abs. Nayeon made a mental note to reward Jeongyeon that evening. Momo may or may not have drooled a little. While we they are trying to understand how to function again, Jihyo sits back down and gets a warm hug from her two best friends (Chaeyoung got the title not long after she started dating Sana). 

 

“I'm kind of hungry, a little.” Is what Jihyo says when she is released from the hug. 

 

“Should we go back in and start making lunch?” Surprisingly, Tzuyu was the one to speak up this time. 

 

“I don't want to burden everyone. And it can wait a bit longer, they just sat down to rest a little.” 

 

“I think after all this, we should get some good food and a lot of water for these thirsty ladies.” Chaeng provokes and makes to get up. 

 

As the weird couple and the not-yet-couple start fixing their stuff to leave, everyone else moves to help. All (minus the weird couple and Jeongyeon) stealing glances from Jihyo in her red bathing suit and sculpted body, earning glares and whispered death promises from Dahyun if they didn’t stop looking. Getting back was way faster, everyone was hungry by now, and looking at Jihyo walking in front of them was not something they were willing to pass up.

 

“Are we cooking, ordering or going out?” Momo asks as soon as they arrive.

 

“I don’t mind cooking, but is there anything to cook with?” Jihyo ponders.

 

“There should be, but how about we check it out?” Nayeon suggests.

 

Just as Nayeon had guessed, there were some ingredients, Jihyo settled for some army stew with ham and bacon, rice and a salad. It should be enough to make for a pleasant meal. Not trusting her best friends, Sana and Chaeyoung had been banned from even looking to the kitchen’s general direction, Nayeon was out too, not because she was a physical hazard like the other two, but because Jeongyeon wanted to live longer and her food was biological hazard.

 

Momo and Tzuyu had claimed doing the dishes, not wanting to really be part of the making process. And Jeongyeon was making sure her girlfriend wouldn’t try to sneak into the kitchen and meddle with the food besides the warnings not to. So, it came down to Jihyo and Dahyun to handle the meal, the taller woman said she would shower last, so she told Dahyun to follow and they went ahead to start making everything. Not that they didn’t have enough showers, but there was a chance to blow a fuse if everyone went in at the same time, and nobody knew how to fix it, so Nayeon asked them to just have two showers on at a time.

 

As everyone was very interested, they sat at the dining table, watching the two cook together and taking turns going to shower. Tzuyu and Sana were the first ones, coming back in exceptional ten minutes, shooing Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung to switch turns. It was entertaining and endearing, Jihyo was a good cook, Sana had revealed, and Dahyun managed to keep up, despite not being that great herself. They moved quite well around each other, like they were used to doing this, really, it was just two very considerate women trying to help each other make food for their friends.

 

“We just have to let it boil for a while and it’s done.” Jihyo says as she puts the last ingredients into the stew. “Do you want to go and shower first?”

 

“You can go first, I don’t mind.” The pale one replies.

 

The other girls had given up watching them a while ago, saying it got boring as they were good cooks and nothing was happening, they were really just cooking. So, the two were left to their own devices and were, now, just waiting on the stew.

 

“But you should be feeling bothered by not having showered this whole time.”

 

“You haven’t either.”

 

“But I can wait.”

 

“And so can I.” Dahyun tries a pout, that seems to have worked but not as she hoped.

 

“How about this, you can use the shower in our room and I’ll use the one on Sana’s room.”

 

“Fine. But just because I don’t want to keep you waiting.”

 

And off they go. Jihyo sent Dahyun out first, and made a quick stop on the living room to tell her friends of their plans and ask Jeongyeon to keep an eye on the stew, for safety.

 

“Hey Ji, are you guys done?” Jeongyeon asks, being the first to notice the new arrival.

 

“Almost, could you keep an eye on the stew? Everything else is done, so Hyun and I are going to shower.”

 

“Uuuuhhh, bold.” Sana’s voice comes from somewhere behind the couch.

 

“Sure.” Jihyo says, unenthusiastically. “I’ll use your shower, by the way. I told Hyun to use the one in our room and I don’t want to take too long to come back.”

 

“Don’t worry too much, just take a relaxing shower, I’ll take care of the stew. I just have to stir it in a few minutes and turn it off when it’s ready, right?!” Jeong isn’t really asking, but gets a nod anyways.

 

“Thanks, Jeongie. I’m off, then.”

 

Obviously, none of them were planning to just let the duo simply shower in peace. Dahyun had already gone in when Jihyo got to their room to get her things, and then she was off to shower herself. A lot more thinking should have gone into the process, but Jihyo was a trusting woman, and never thought locking any doors would be needed, that’s how Chaeyoung managed to get into the bathroom and get her pants and underwear. The compression shorts wouldn’t be seen again, but the shorter one took the other items back to her friend’s room and placed them neatly on the bed, taking the time to check if there were more compression shorts she had to get rid of. 

 

Dahyun had come out while there was someone rummaging Jihyo’s bag, she thought it was the girl at first, but a blonde head told her who it was.

 

“Are you sure you should be doing that?” She asks in mockery.

 

“Trust me when I say this, you are gonna thank me later.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“I’m making Jihyo’s compression shorts disappear. She doesn’t need them, and neither Jeong nor Momo have any to lend her. And we want her to be more confident with her own body.”

 

“That’s fair. She put them on the dresser over there.” Dahyun gives up the location. “Second to last drawer. I caught a glimpse of them yesterday, and must say, they look painful.”

 

“They are. But she says she doesn’t want us to be uncomfortable, so she wears them.” A sad smile play on the smaller woman’s lips.

 

“And what are those pants and underwear doing on her bed?” The older one tries to divert the subject.

 

“Oh, that. I kind of sneaked into the bathroom and got them from her. She should be coming back wearing just a towel to check if they are here any minute now. Which brings me to, I should leave already.”

 

“Oh, thanks, then. Be careful not to get caught.” Dahyun ushers her friend out.

 

Chaeyoung just smiles playfully and bolts out of the room, Dahyun does her best to make herself look freshly out of the shower, making sure to look busy with whatever when Jihyo got there. Which happened not long after the encounter.

 

“Oh, Dahyunnie, you are already done.” Jihyo flushes red when she enters the room.

 

“Yeah, just got out. What happened?” The woman is having a really hard time hiding her smile.

 

“I think I forgot my pan- Oh, here they are. I was sure I took them with me.” 

 

“Maybe you thought about it but never really did take them.” The smile was in full view now.

 

“Looks like it. I’ll be right back. Sorry about, well, this.” Jihyo looks down at the last part, meaning the towel.

 

“Nothing to apologise for, I’m enjoying the view.” Dahyun answers, noting the slight rise on the towel.

 

“Ri-right, I’ll, uhm. I’ll be back soon.” And she flees to the bathroom, visibly embarrassed.

 

There is a chuckle from the younger one, she found it very cute how conservative and caring for her wellbeing Jihyo was. There was no way to not be swayed when a gorgeous woman is that caring, respectful and considerate to you, and she would be lying if she said the visuals weren’t appealing. Sure they officially just met, but, considering how much Sana and Chaeyoung had talked about their friend, Dahyun felt she knew her for years already, and every little thing Jihyo did only drew her further in. Sure, she had her work cut out for her, but, the more she got to know the woman, the more she wanted to be around her.

 

“Are you done? Should we head down for lunch?” Jihyo says, coming out of the bathroom.

 

“Sure thing, let’s get back down before Momo eats everything.”

 

“Oh, she would have to battle Jeongyeon for that. But I prefer to get my share as soon as I can.”

 

“I want to get my share too. I like bread very much, you know?!” Dahyun says suggestively, patting Jihyo’s as she walks out.

 

Getting back to the living room was another challenge, Jihyo knew she was incredibly flushed, and took her sweet time trying to not look like she just got her patted by a very pretty lady who she was getting interested in.

 

"Took you both long enough." Nayeon exclaims as they get back to the others. 

 

"The stew isn't ready yet, don't listen to her." Jeongyeon reprimands from the doorway to the kitchen. 

 

"What happened? I'm sure it should have been done by now." Jihyo wonders, honestly worried. 

 

"I turned down the heat so we would wait for you two. Don't worry too much." The taller one replies and heads back in. 

 

The rest of the vacation goes by just like that, Jihyo getting teased, her endless kindness having her take it all, and Dahyun making her moves, which were working like a charm, by the way. They all knew Jihyo would never start a romance with someone she just met two weeks prior, but she had taken a liking to the pale woman and they were already very close and comfortable with each other. 

 

Before the next semester began, Tzuyu and Nayeon had called a few favors and Dahyun and Jihyo were confirmed to be roommates, as far as possible from Mina and, "surprisingly", two doors down from Sana and Chaeyoung, who were now neighbours with the elderly couple (don't tell Nayeon they are called that). How did Tzuyu have connections on a college she didn't even go to? Ask her, I don't know. 

 

It was two days before classes started, all students were back on campus by then, and Dahyun decided it was time to make her relationship with Jihyo more solid, and that's how we have a very nervous tofu waiting for her roommate to come back, with flowers and an attempt at a dinner. She was too nervous to be able to produce an elaborate meal so pasta and wine would have to do the trick. 

 

"Hyunnie, hey. Are you going to meet someone?" Jihyo asks when she sees the flowers. 

 

"N-n-no. No, these are for you." she answers, mentally slapping herself for stuttering. 

 

"Thanks, you are very sweet. But what's the occasion?" 

 

"Jihyo, these past weeks have been the best of my life, because I got to spend them with you. And I would like to know, would you marry me?" She blurts out, not noticing the slip up and jumping a few steps. 

 

"I would like that, but maybe we should date first?" The older asks in a chuckle. 

 

"I can work with that. But what do I do with this ring?" Dahyun gets slightly embarrassed, holding out a simple, yet very charming ring. 

 

"I can hold onto that if it was meant for me." Jihyo lightens the mood, holding out her hand. 

 

Dahyun takes whatever she gets, and places the ring on Jihyo's finger, taking her hand and kissing it after. Jihyo has a loving smile, that gets the other soaring in happiness, and Dahyun's eyes drip honey when looking at her wife-to-be. Sure, they (Dahyun) might have skipped a few steps but this was so fitting for them that neither minded. 

 

"I really want to kiss you right now." Dahyun whispers. 

 

"I really want to kiss you too. But I've never done this and I think I might not be any good." Jihyo flushes. 

 

"You are as great as you could be." Is what the younger manages to say before pressing their lips together. 

 

Their first kiss is everything Dahyun have ever wanted it to be, and much more than Jihyo could have ever imagined. Clumsy, uncoordinated and hungry, but neither would ever change it. They are brought out of their dream with their door bursting open and four of their idiots bursting in, Nayeon demanding to know what was happening, while Jeongyeon was trying to get her to stop screaming at least, Chaeyoung was hoping to witness some steamy action and Sana was there for the gossip. 

 

"Dahyun proposed, I said yes and now we are about to eat dinner because I'm tired of having to deal with the rooms paperwork all day long." Jihyo answers in rapid fire as she pushes everyone out. "Now leave so I can kiss my girlfriend a bit more."

 

With that the door is closed again, this time the chain is put in place so they can be sure to have some privacy. Dahyun swears she heard something about Sana demanding to be paid up, but it wasn't that important at the moment. They do proceed to have dinner after another brief kiss, and talk about how they wanted to take things, Dahyun said she was willing to go about everything on Jihyo's time, asuring it wasn't a problem to wait for when she felt ready. 

 

Jihyo was very happy, until the next morning came and she was mobbed by the other couples, demanding answers and raging about how Sana won whatever. She just told them the truth, and they all couldn't help but coo a little at how cute Dahyun was, which made said girl slightly angry, until she got a peck from her girlfriend and then got teased (she will take the teasing everyday if it meant Jihyo will kiss her). 

 

A few weeks into classes, Dahyun was studying in the library and Mina and Irene had their attention on her. She was a pretty girl they had never seen before, not a freshman, as they didn’t see her at orientation, and seemed to be very friendly. Jihyo had been running late, her professor wanted to discuss the next project or something like that. The two she-wolves took the girl being alone as an invitation to strike, and so they did.

 

“Hello, miss. I’m not sure I’ve seen you before.” Mina begins, taking a seat beside Dahyun.

 

“I’m sure a beautiful lady like yourself wouldn’t escape my gaze.” Irene continues, taking a seat on the other side.

 

“I’m sure you two are mistaking me for someone else. I’ll take my leave now.” The pale woman gathered her things and slipped away.

 

The duo wasn’t ready to give up their chase, though, it wasn’t something they should be going after at all as their prey was already engaged, though Jihyo had asked for them to call themselves girlfriends until she was ready for the next title, despite their wedding having already been scheduled by Dahyun and her mother, who made an uncanny alliance to make the union happen. Regardless, it was a comic scene for anyone observing, the two greatest school heartthrobs after a pale woman, power walking through the hallways, Dahyun was a er for obeying the rules and wasn’t about to get caught running where she shouldn’t.

 

“Would you two, please, stop following me?!” Dahyun demanded, seeing she wasn’t being left alone.

 

“We can’t do that now, can we?” Irene asks Mina.

 

“No, we cannot.” The other answers. “You see, we are both very interested in you, and would like to take you out so we could get to know each other better.”

 

“Right….” Dahyun draws out the word. “Not interested.” And walks away again.

 

“Now, that’s just not nice.” The penguin teases.

 

“And nobody likes girls who aren’t nice-” The bunny gets cut off.

 

“Well, I like it. And I would like it very much if you two would leave my fiancè alone, it’s not nice to keep insisting like this when you have already been turned down.” Jihyo says, popping up beside her girl, pulling her close protectively.

 

One thing nobody really knew, not even Jihyo herself, was that she was extremely territorial and very protective of her partner, ergo, whenever Dahyun was found uncomfortable by anything, the older would spring into action and do whatever she had to do so her girl was okay again. In this case, it meant standing up to Mina and Irene so they could leave the girl be. Hence, there she stood, in all her y glory, with those tight jeans and that leather jacket, hoping she could bluff her way out without getting her kicked.

 

“Park?” Mina is surprised, to say the least. “That’s what I call a glow up. Feel more than welcome to join the party.”

 

“No, thanks. I’ve seen the kind of party you enjoy happening more than enough times on my bed.” Jihyo scoffs. “I’m going to take my future wife away from you two, and I’m sure you can find some interesting toys to play with. Don’t let me see you bothering her ever again. Say bye, love.”

 

“Bye love.” Dahyun chuckles, letting herself be dragged away by her woman.

 

Needless to say, the IT duo was left there, wondering how they could have slept on such a catch, Mina dying that much more inside, and finally admitting to herself that the one love she had in her life slipped through her fingers because of her own stupidity. Irene was very , and snapped out of it soon enough, dragging Mina with her so they could ‘comfort’ each other more privately.