nine

come to life - skz woochan

the weekend soon ended, and woojin was progressing quickly, a certain sonic might be in the house. 

bang chan was very satisfied with his progress. maybe they didn't need tutoring sessions anymore, and could go on study dates in the library. 

there was an extra zest in his steps when he walked to his class, eager to see woojin. they chatted all night through texts, and he already felt like he couldn't survive without talking to him for a day. 

"good morning, woojin!" he chirped as he set down his heavy book bag on the floor beside his desk. as usual, woojin was sitting on the desk, but something seemed off. 

"good morning, chan," he deadpanned, eyes seemingly set off into the distance. they looked... kinda dead? 

"hey, what's wrong? you seem... dead," chan probed cautiously, not wanting to trigger any emotions or anything. the last he wanted was an annoyed woojin, which really . finally he got a good friend to talk to, and he wouldn't want a short-lived friendship. that'd a lot. 

"n-nothing much... i just got reminded of a bad memory..." he avoided bang chan's sympathising(?) eyes, not wanting to worry him. 

"it's okay to–"

"ah! i just remembered! there's this new chicken rice stall that's opened in the canteen! i heard that they sell it chinese-style! i've always liked chinese food," woojin exclaimed suddenly, cutting him off. 

"o-oh. is that so... we definitely gotta try it, then!" he grinned, happy that woojin revealed one of his favourites. now he knew what to cook for him. 

aside that, he was still worried about the sad aura that surrounded him earlier. it seemed that after bang chan talked to him, he got a lot more happy, so that's alright then. as long as he's happy, bang chan's happy to. he'll definitely wait however long it takes for woojin to reveal whatever struggle he has in mind. he's determined that he'll solve it together!

-

the two walked to woojin's house together. they were chirpy, as usual, them talking about food, games, what not. 

suddenly, an ominous-looking dude appeared from a corner that lead to woojin's house. bang chan was obviously alarmed, as he felt woojin flinch. this guy had something to do with him and maybe the reason why he was feeling down. 

bang chan, feeling alarmed, grabbed woojin's hand and ran all the way to his house, afraid that something bad might happen. 

when the house was in sight, it was at its usual grey state–big, lonely. 

"o-oh, what a relief," he panted, grasping for air. woojin, who already caught sight of an abnormality groaned, pulling bang chan to his letter box. 

"oh? what's this?" he asked, pulling out the red envelope without hesitation. "chan!" alarmed at his rashness, woojin snatched the envelope and opened it himself. he was thankful for bang chan's actions that showed his utmost care and concern for him, but absolutely didn't want him to be tangled in his own personal affairs! he didn't want whoever that was harrasing him to hurt bang chan. if anything, he wanted him to stay safe, he'd feel really bad if he was hurt because of him!

"c'mon, woojin! what does the letter say?"

he read the five words out. 

"i'm back, my dear friend,"