Marmont

My Lady Wears Gucci
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

taeyeon kim isn't really fashionable. as a matter of fact, he HATES dressing up and he has a horrible fashion sense. he's someone who would always choose comfort over style more than anything else. that's why his stylist, luna, would always get mad at him whenever he goes out without even consulting her on what he should wear. as a public figure, luna says, he's supposed to dress up and look good, not to look like a part of a gang or someone who had just woken up and immediately went at the nearest starbucks to grab a coffee, which is the truth anyway.

this isn't the first time that he got invited to watch gucci's runway, actually. ever since he became a model for the front cover of vogue korea on late 2015, he had already been sent an invitation at the end of 2016 (maybe the staffs liked his model physique? his way of expressing his emotion on the pictures?) from different luxurious and big brands to watch their runway in which he declined all of it, and still declined invitations that are sent the following years after.

that's why he doesn't know why he's currently at milan, standing inside the venue for the gucci 2019 spring collection. he definitely has no interest on things like this but he is here. he would gladly choose watching formula one rather than to be here. his interests are on cars, the speeding sound of the wheels against the pavement, the adrenaline rush of excitement whenever you're circuit racing... obviously enough, his dream is to be part of the formula one rather than to be an actor. nonetheless, he's thankful he has a job and he actually enjoys it.

the only thing he currently knows is that this is the first time he accepted an invitation to watch a runway. maybe because it's time for a change? after all, it's 2018. people are already changing except for him (based on his own perspective anyway). when he agreed to go, luna was so excited to dress him up. she had already packed all of the stuff he should bring on his flight two days later he informed her and also instructed him what clothes he should pair. if he did not abide by her rules and see the pictures posted by different news agencies and media outlets, he will be dead. figuratively.

"taeyeon kim?"

taeyeon raised his head to see who called for his attention. turns out it is yuri kwon, another famous actor and is part of the same agency as him. despite of having similarities, this is actually the first time they ever saw each other on flesh because actors and actresses on their company doesn't have the time to mingle with each other due to their hectic schedules.

"yuri kwon, right?" taeyeon tilted his head, slightly unsure. yuri nodded his head and offered his hand for a handshake. taeyeon gladly took it out of courtesy. "i'm glad i can finally speak with someone who would understand me when i talk,"

"i'm so glad too, bro, i had been standing at the opposite corner for fifteen damn minutes surrounded by aristocrats," yuri chuckled, slightly amused of the situation. he stood beside taeyeon and leaned on the wall. "i thought my throat is already dry. i had been smiling at everyone and had kept my lips sealed eversince i got here,"

"i do too," taeyeon nodded his head. "are you interested in runways? this is my first time,"

"not really," yuri slowly shook his head as he looked from afar, watching different people of different races interact. "it's my second time to be invited by the same brand. i heard this will be the first time that there will be korean models for tonight, which is, i think, rare for a big european brand? it's on the news,"

"really? are they well-known?" taeyeon raised a brow. a waiter suddenly passed by them and offered them glasses of champagne, which they gladly accepted and took one each.

"nah," yuri shook his head and took a sip of his champagne. "i heard they are well-known, maybe in the fashion scene? but i haven't heard of them," yuri shrugged and swirled his glass. "also heard one of them is korean-american. i suppose she is famous since people back there are talking about her,"

"that's nice. it's good to know koreans are keeping up in the fashion scene worldwide," taeyeon nodded his head. "things like this aren't really my cup of tea, you know?"

"seems like it," yuri chuckled and patted his shoulder.  "let me guess... you're more interested in things like formula one?"

"ing yes, bro," taeyeon laughed and looked at him in amazement. how did this guy knew? "how did you knew?"

"perhaps i had the time to stalk you on instagram way back," yuri shrugged. taeyeon raised a brow at him. "oh, no, no bro, no homo. i have a girlfriend i'm very much in love with, it's not what you think it is,"

"i'm kidding," taeyeon laughed. yuri did the same and rubbed his hands on his chest to relieve the sudden wave of panic he felt.

"i have heard a lot of good things about you that's why i stalked you. i rarely see you inside the company building... no actually... i never see you inside there," yuri narrowed his eyes. "always out and about, yeah?"

"you could say that," taeyeon took a sip and pursed his lips. "i don't like staying inside anyway. i rarely get called by the ceo. i only go there for meetings, which i usually schedule at midnight. i don't want to get mobbed outside that's why,"

"eh, it's part of our job," yuri snorted at him. taeyeon smiled at him and nodded. "anyway will you be seated in front of the runway?"

"i'll seat at the back. i'm afraid i'm disinterested enough to even focus in front. i don't want to have an awful impression for the first time i'm here," taeyeon chuckled and emptied his champagne glass, taking a moment to savor it's crisp taste. "i assume you'll be seated in the front?"

"i was about to, but knowing that i'll get my throat dry again, might as well i'll join you at the back," yuri wiggled his brows. taeyeon snorted at him and nodded.

he might as well enjoy the runway with a good company instead of thinking of ditching the event.

*

diversity was evident at the ramp, models with different races became one with the runway, confidently showcasing different kinds of fancy (uncomfortable) couture clothes. different ruffles and fringes with various of beads, glitters and sparkling tones reflected the blinding spotlight illuminating the catwalk. colorful clothes gave life to the venue, contrasting the shades of browns and other dark colors of the hall.

taeyeon watched the whole thing in silence. walking on the runway has never been his passion, that's why he declined when he was offered to walk on a runway for seoul fashion week. you can say t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter