WE MET

DANCING BETWEEN THE LINE

Another boring day in the library, Jennie keeps staring at the wall in front of her, hoping maybe a ghost will come out and scared the hell out everyone in the library. It’s not so good thought but hey, at least it will make things a bit more interested right? She places her hand under her chin, while another one are just resting in on the table.

“hey.. earth to jennie?!”

Jisoo moving her hand in front of her, “hey!” snapped her back to the reality. “huh?” Jennie look at her,

“You were spacing out, stop it! You know a ghost can possess you if you keep spacing out like that” She put away the stuff on their table before placing books she just took moment ago.

Jennie just looking at her best friend books collection with the same expression she always has. Sometimes Jennie’s wonder how can Jisoo be such a bookworm with the numbers of books she has read but also can be such an idiot as she can be. 1 minute Jisoo can looks like your genius best friend when she is concentrating reading a book but a minute later, she can be the idiot best friend that embarrassed you by putting a bottle on the top of her head.

.

Jennie and Jisoo are walking home together “So, after that Jinyoung said, hey maybe we should do that sometimes, I mean it’s okay, we- Jen.... earth to Jennie, are you there?” Jisoo waving her hand in front of Jennie, “huh? yeah?” Jennie stops and look at her, “what was you saying?

Jennie look at her best friend, her two eyebrow met.

“you spacing out a lot lately, is there something in your mind?’ Jisoo look at her concern. “No no, there’s nothing, don’t worry Chu” Jennie look at her and smile, she knows her best friend feelings, she knows that she cares about Jennie even though she never says it, and its making Jennie grateful to have a friend like her.

Jennie wraps her hand around her best friend shoulder, “Maybe she should go to the mall and spent our money there, it’s been a while since both of us go shopping together” her smug face shows up.

Jisoo look at her and hold the hand on her shoulder then looking back at the road before looking at her again, “Nah, I can’t, I promise to go with Jinyoung this week”

“Ah! He always kidnaps you, every time I want to hang out with you”

Jennie making that jealous expression on her face, “Maybe I shouldn’t agree when you’re asking me if it’s okay to say yes to him” pulling her hand back again.

“hahaha maybe you should be the one who’s looking for a boyfriend Jennie, it’s been a while since I last time saw you get laid” Jisoo looking at her with a smirk

“Nope, I have you and that’s all that I need” Jennie said with a child voice she’s making then wrapping her hand around Jisoo’s arm, clinging into her. “haha Jendeukki” she smiled as they continue to walk away together.

.

It’s Sunday and Jennie is bored in her room. She turns and turned in her bed, wishing she can at least fall asleep.

She wants to call Jisoo and asking her best friend to hang out with her but she remember that Jisoo have a date with Jinyoung today.

She grouches as she put her phone on the table lamp beside her. “What to do today?!!??” she whined as she staring at the ceiling in her room, starting to spacing out again.

"It’s been a while since I last saw you getting laid"

Jisoo’s words suddenly coming to her mind, she sits up, should I? Jennie mind started to wonders but heck NO! Jennie is not that kind of girl! She not going to pick up some random stranger just because she is bored. She is shaking her head hard, trying to put that thought a side.

You know what? I just going to get a drink but no getting laid, yeah, no getting laid, maybe a couple of glass but not drunk, there’s no one to take care of you Jen, just a couple a glass and that’s it! No getting drunk! 

Jennie get up from her bed and go to her closet, smiling over the smart idea she just got.

.

Not getting drunk my !!

Jennie can be seen dancing in the middle of the dance floor with bunch of stranger around her, she is dancing like there’s no tomorrow, rise her hand above her head, move her body along with the music, and jump every time the music gets more bopping than before. she dances like this is her last day or this is the last day she will saw the love of her life so she is having a massive heart break and go to the club just so she can forget it. But no, it’s not her last day or she’s having a massive heart break, it’s just how drunk Jennie would act, dancing like there’s no tomorrow, enjoying herself and definitely not giving a about anything else.

As she keeps dancing, the end of her eyes caught something, a pair of eye is looking at her. she keep dancing trying to rid of the feeling but her eyes kept coming back, stealing glances to the eyes that is looking back at her. Leading at the wall, left side of the dance floor. 

There’s something about the eyes that make Jennie keeps coming back, an eyes that are making her want to keep drowning, to throw herself to another world. Left everything behind, not caring about anything or anyone else. Only both of them, only her and him that matters.

But the second she blinks, the eyes are gone.

Jennie stops dancing for a moment, turn her head to her shoulder, try searching around the club. But none, she found nothing, only bunch of stress and drunk people that will probably regret coming here when tomorrow morning comes

 

 

Tbc