Fear of the Future

The Year of Heartbreaks (EDITING)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Now, what do I do with the sleeping pig princess? Wooyoung thought after he parked and shut off his car down at Haneul's apartment basement. He leaned towards the passenger seat and unbuckled Haneul's seatbelt, hoping that it would wake her up. She, however, was still soundly asleep.

"Haneul-ah, we're home," he tried waking her up by slightly shaking her left shoulder. Again, no sign of her opening her eyes, "Haneul-ah? Shin Haneul?" he tried for the last time but still no use.

Aish, this woman. 

Wooyoung almost forgot how a heavy sleeper she was. He sat there with defeat for a moment. It had been a long while since he had to wake her from her sleep, but he soon remembered the one thing that never failed. He put his index finger and thumb on each side of Haneul's nose. Slowly, he pinched her nose blocking her air way. 

Haneul, as expected, woke up with a start. For a moment she couldn't register anything other than the feeling of suffocation, but then she heard and saw Wooyoung's cracking up so hard his body was shaking.

"YAAAAAH!!!" she screamed at him.

"You should see your face! Oh God, hahaha, too funny!"

"AISH!" annoyed, she turned around to look out the window and realized that they're in her building already. "Ah whatever, thanks for driving me home. See you again when you've grown up," she grabbed her bag from the back seat and opened her door.

"Hey, wait for me," still couldn't stop his laugh, Wooyoung also got off the car and followed her after taking something from his car's trunk, "Mian,"

"Go home, you're not welcomed today," she made a face and went inside the elevator with Wooyoung tailing behind her.

"Even when I bring this?" he held up a big round-shaped bag made of parachute in his hand and raised one of his eyebrows in a cheeky grin, "Really?"

Haneul felt confused but then her eyes grew wide the moment she recognized what's in his hand, "A tent! Are we having a movie night?"

"I don't know, you decide.." he crossed his arms and looked at her playfully as the elevator went up to her floor.

"Fine! But, you build the fort and I choose the movie. Deal?"

"You handle the movie AND the popcorn," Wooyoung replied and put his opened palm in the air waiting for a high five. It only took Haneul seconds to finally slapped her palm against his.

"Deal!"

The elevator opened with a ding telling them they've reached her floor, then after reaching Haneul's apartment they both went straight to different parts of the house. Haneul went inside her studio and shuffled through her DVD cabinet, while Wooyoung busied himself in the living room moving around furniture to make room for the tent. On one corner facing where the television was, he managed to set it up in only seconds. He then filled the inside with cushions and blanket he took from Haneul's bedroom.

"So, you finally get that one-touch thingy," Haneul said referring to the tent as she walked past to go to the kitchen, "Good buy, the old tent was such a hassle to set up."

"What are we going to watch?" Wooyoung asked as he made himself comfortable inside the tent. He rearranged the cushions to his liking and laid down on his stomach. Feeling relaxed, his thought brought him back to his childhood when he and Haneul would set up a fort by placing blankets on top of her desk and spent their time playing inside. They stopped doing it once they entered teenagehood as it felt too childish, and they rather spent their time doing things outside.

He, however, once found Haneul fell asleep inside a made-up fort in her room. It turned out that she never really stopped doing it, especially when she felt lonely. Since then, it had became something that they do once in a while, mostly during movie night. "Hey, did you hear me?" he asked again when Haneul didn't answer.

"I heard you," Haneul stood outside the tent handing him a bowl full of popcorn, "Hold this, I'll play the DVD."

"Isn't that 2PM concert DVD?" Wooyoung asked when the opening credit appeared on the screen. He was right, it was. He stared at Haneul who was then stepped inside the tent and sat crossing her legs beside him, "Why are we watching this?" he asked again.

"I found it in the room and re

Please log in to read the full chapter