Within ten hours

The real thing

- the truth -

 

 

 

 

taeyeon pov

it was a long tiring day at the cemetery...  yes, cemetery,  because  it's Halloween. my family arrived home and we were having our dinner when my cellphone vibrates inside my pocket. i take it out to see if it is a call or text..  "one message  receive " the sender didn't  have a name just numbers, but one thing's  for sure,, that's  a familiar number. a very familiar number that stored inside my mind.. i quickly  finished my dinner and excuse myself to read the message.. we started a text conversation.

unknown  number: 
hi

me:
goodeve...

unknown numbere:
are you busy?

me:
no.. just got home..why?

unknown number:
can you pick me up?

me: 
why? where are you?

unknown number:
i'm here in my apartment, i'm scared because they all went to their towns and i left here all alone.

me:
why didn't you go home too?

unknown number:
i worked today and i have work tomorrow too. so i need to stay here..

me:
okay, wait for me. i'll be there..

unknown number:
thanks...please come quickly.. 

me: i'll text you as soon as arrived there..

i took my car key immediately and drive to her location.. i didn't even change my clothes although i wear it the whole day it looks fine, i just sprayed  some perfume to smell good.. i texted  her as soon as i arrived..

me: 
hey.. where  are you? i'm here..

unknown number:
wait i'm going out..

me: 
i don't  know  the  exact place.. just get out where i can see you..

unknown number:
okay, i'm walking on the street now.

i saw her and approach her right away.. i opened the door for her and signaled to get in..

hi tiffany!  i greeted her

hi taeyeon!  she smiled 

please wear your seatbelt.. i instructed her but deep inside i'm too shy to have this girl with me. i have a big crush on her from the very first day i saw her and all i want is to have a day with her.. i cannot ask her  because i'm too afraid that  she'll  reject me, but right now it's different.. if only it's not halloween..

so..where do you want to go? i ask her

uhmm..it's up to you, i don't live here so i'm not familiar of the places here.  she stated

malls are close because it's Halloween and it's 9 pm already.. hmmm let me think..

i heard there's a night bazaar  here.. let's go there 
ahe suggested 

how did you know? okay,, let's  go there..

we arrive at the bazaar. i park the car and we head inside..we look at different  stuffs and we stop at a shoe stall, i look at some slippers..i remember that i have to buy a pair cause the one i have just broke yesterday.

hey tiff!... i called her while  she's  busy looking around

yes?.. she look at me (actually my heart skip a beat that time)

can you help me pick one on these two?.. i show her what i have 

hmmm..let me see..  she looked

black or blue?..  i asked 

i think the blue one's much better.. she suggested 

okay.. thank you!

i gave it to the lady and pay for it.. then we start to walk around again.. this time we stop outside a  snapback store..

wait.. i think i want to buy a cap...i told her.. 

she smile and we both enter the shop..

salesman:  hi! good evening, just pick a cap you want and i'll embroider a free name to it..

me: really..wow, that's  cool..

i look for what i like and try it..
a blue cap catches my eye it has NY in front of it and it fits me perfectly..

me: sir i'll have this one. please put TY in it...

salesman: you got it..and how about her? she can pick one too..

me:  Tiffany  you can pick one too,, i'll pay for it as a gift..

tiffany:  uhmm..i can't pick. can you pick one for me taeyeon?

me: hmmm...let me see... (i look around) ahhh... this one's perfect.  a blue cap with LA in front of it.. 
i'll show it to tiffany and ask her ..  so what about this?

tiffany:  great, it's cute! (then she smile)

me: sir please put TF in this one.

salesman: okay..just wait a little..

tiffany:  TF? why?  tiffany ask

me: TF, short for tiffany and TY, short for taeyeon.. i explained 

tiffany:  how cute of you taetae..

me:  TAETAE?! 

tiffany:  yeah, just want to call you taetae..

me:  okay fany!.. i replied 
she flashes a smile again that really melts my heart again 

salesman: here's  your  cap..uhm..by the way,, you look good together, thank you for buying two caps, it looks like a couple cap to the both of you...

me:  but we're  not couple.. i smiled

tiffany: we're  just friends.. 

salesman: ohh...i'm sorry.. i didn't know.. i thought you're... 

me:  it's  fine..thank you for this..

tiffany:  let's  go tae..

me: where  are we going next?..

tiffany:  anywhere..it's  up to you..as long as i have company i'm fine..

i have nothing in mind and nowhere  to go right now.. of all the time,,why does it have to be Halloween, i said just in my mind ... aishh! i check my phone and texted my friend..

hi yul,,where are you?.. 

i'm still here at the cemetery.. why? 

can i go there?..you wouldnct believe  it...

ofcourse you can..and why?

i have her with me..

who?  

who else yul!

tiffany!..

tiffany hwang?! really  taeyeon?..but how?

i'll explain later, just wait for us..

okay i'll wait for you..take care..

after my conversation  with yul, i enter the car while tiffany waits for me..

uhm..fany, do you have your dinner? i asked her 

not yet..  she replied

okay,,let's buy something first..

i took the drive thru at a certain fastfood because we have no choice, and ordered three chicken burger meals, then drive straight  to the cemetery where yul is waiting..

as i parked the car, i spotted yul waving and walking towards us..

hi taeyeon..  yul greeted

hi yul, tiffany this is yul my best friend

hi tiffany,  yul greeted her

hi yul.. she greeted

so why? and how?  and yul pointed to the both of us

i just winked at yul and..
why don't  we go inside first, yul?!

okay..mom and dad is also here.

the three of us walk straight  to where yuls parents are..

good evening mr.and mrs. kwon.. i greeted 

hey..why so formal taeyeon..just call us aunt and uncle.

and who's this lady beside you?  mr. kwon asked 

aunt, uncle, this is tiffany hwang, she's  a friend of us..
i introduced 

ahh.. i thought she's  your...  and mr. kwon smiled

good evening  mr. and mrs. kwon, nice to meet you..   tiffany greeted

nice to meet you too, tiffany, just call us uncle and aunt,,taeyeon  here is like our own child too..

so..taeyeon.. care to explain something?!  yul asked

we walk not too far from his parents and sit on the grass and i explain how and why we're together.. yul tease me when tiffany came..

hey,,forget about me?  she asked while holding up what we bought earlier

ohh...i'm sorry..  i tapped the grass beside me for her to take a seat

she sit beside me and gave me and yul a burger then yuls niece approach  us..

oppa what's  that? the little girl asked

i saw her looking at yul and so i interrupt 

here! you can have mine..  i grab a cup of soda and gave also  to her

the little girl ran to her grandparents and show her food.. yul look at her with a smile and i saw tiffany smiled at me..

why?  i suddenly asked

ahh! nothing.. (tiffany answer with a smile) lets eat

eat your meal now, i'm fine.. i'll just have some fries.. 

uhm!.excuse me..i got something in my throat.. ( yuri interrupted )  shall we eat?!

tiffany and i just smile at him..yul started to munch on his burger and tiffany was so gentle opening hers, while i'm just busy  eating some fries... i saw tiffany tearing her burger not bitting at it and i've become much more confused.  then suddenly she handed the piece right in front of my mouth..

i was startled, shocked, and very confused that time..i even lost my breathe for some seconds..even my heart is beating so fast..

open up! she ordered me

a-i-i'm okay,,, i'm full..  i answered 

open up tae..my hands are getting numb..  she commanded

i open my mouth and take the piece and she smiled at me

i look at yul and i saw a smile on his face while one of his eyebrow raised..

i smirked on him...

time passed  by so quickly  and all we did was talk about ourselves until it's time for yuls family to go home. he say farewell to them and chose to spend more time with us.

we left the cemetery  and went to the nearest convenient store to have something to drink...

we buy some chips, some beer for yul and some sodas for me and tiffany because i'm an alcohol trash and i'm driving also..

we decided to go to a park to just waste more time because tiffany doesn't want to go home yet and me, i want to spend some time with her also..

yul know that i'm shy when it comes to talking, he does all the talking and i was just wasting my time munching and drinking and mostly looking at tiffany..

but then again..it's  past midnight  already and yul needs to go..we drive and take him home and parted ways..slowly, i drive tiffany to her apartment and when we arrive  we saw the gate was locked

i think the landlady closed it..  she said

why?! are there any other entrance? 

none..i forgot we have

curfew until midnight only.. 

why didn't you tell me earlier?  i asked her

i forgot..  she just smile

so what are you going to do now?  

i'll just wait here, the land lady wakes up early so it's  not gonna be a  long wait.. she explained 

hey! it's  dangerous  outside.. get in.. come with me..  i commanded her

where are we going?  she asked

just trust me, i can't just leave you here alone..

she gets in and i hurriedly  drive to our other house..it is not yet finished but my mom and dad used to spend the day there so there are some furnitures that we can use to take some rest. (if some are curious  to know why i didn't take her home ask me at the comment section)

i park the car outside  the gate because the key was handled by the owner of the store a few blocks away..and because it's pass midnight they are already sleeping..

tiffany can you climb up the fence?  i asked her worriedly

i can!   she answer

great!  i'll go first then you follow..

okay.. she just smile

i climb up and jump on the other side then tiffany followed me. when she's on the top i reach for her hand and help her get down safely..

i have a spare key to the door just in case a time like this comes. i open the door and arranged the pillows and the bedsheet. 

you can sleep on the bed, i'll sleep here..i pointed to the chair beside the table..

you can sleep here...i know your tired.. she said while putting a pillow in the center of the bed

i'm fine..i'm not yet sleepy... you can rest now,

i will not bite you..

because the bed size is solo i didn't want to sleep beside hee, not because i don't want to, ofcourse i want to.. but i have to compose myself not to..

i sit on the chair watching her fall asleep..i guess she felt a little awkward and open her eyes to look at me and she caught me staring at her. i immediately take my eyes off her..

why?!  she asked 

uhmmm...nothing... i answer as alibi 

it's cold..  she say

i think my mother take our blanket home, so i remove my jacket and cover it to her..

here you can have this.. 

thanks..you'll get cold.. 

i'm fine..just sleep now.. i'll  just take my time..

you can sleep here beside me if you're  sleepy.. goodnight tae..  she gave me one last smile 

goodnight tiffany..

i lean my head to the table and close my eyes..i didn't even take a look at her..then, not too long i woke up because my neck hurts and i look at her.. she's sleeping peacefully,  her face was half covered  with my jacket, i sit beside the bed. a strand of hair was covering her face, i slowly try to get it off her face but as soon as i touch it her eyebrows moves so i take my handa away..feeling the tiredness and aches in my neck i lay beside her. we are both facing each other with a pillow in between us. i stare at her face, she's calmly sleeping..my heart is beating so fast, i wish this girl is mine, i want to take care of her, she's the one who make my heart beat again,. if i can't control myself i'm sure right at this very moment i'll be hugging her tightly or i'm kissing her.. but i know it's  wrong and i respect her so much..

we woke up that morning and i bring her home.. she bid goodbye and take one of the cap we bought last night..
when i arrive home i took the other cap i look at the name in it and it was TF, omg it's  supposed to be hers. she took mine intentionally.  i was too happy that day when i was with her. i also wanted her to be mine..
but in the afternoon i got a call from an unknown  number.. 
the caller is nagging at me, he's shouting  that me and his girlfriend were  together last night..ofcourse  i know him, he knew me too..he knew that i have feelings on her girlfriend. 
i told him this with authority... 
i was with your girlfriend last night because she called me and said she's scared and alone, i went there to accompany  her..that cap with her it's suppose  to be mine because it has my name, now if you're angry throw it, burn it, i don't care, and listen carefully, if you think something happen between us last night,, nothing!! i respect her a lot..i know she's owned by someone and i'm not the type of person who take advantage of someone and will do some damage in a relationship.. so think before nagging.. ask her if i touched her last night..even if i love her that much i wont do anything bad for her and to you also...if i want to take her away i'm the one who found her first before you and if i want her i'll court her before you..you know that..so stop being childish and grow up...

...end of conversation... 

after that day i keep my distance from her..i didn't  contact her, i didn't even attempted seeing her..
she's  already  taken... and it's  my fault because i was too afraid before and i'm late..i found out that she's  already  taken when i have the courage to court her..and until now it's been years, i'm still waiting  for her, i don't know if she still remembers me but i hope she has.. and right now..i still keep her here in my heart.. i want to see you again,,i want to be with you..i hope fate will bring us back again.. 

to that girl..i want to thank you for everything..i came back to myself again after that devastating heart break..i learn to smile  again,  to see the world again..if i have enough courage back then,,will there be us? i don't know.. but right now i'm contented.. i loved you before and i still love you until now..even there's nothing between us..and even though it's  only me..only me who loves you without expecting any in return...


this is the real 10 hours of happiness  and my last true love story..

 

 

this is for you kennjoy02..