3RD PORTRAIT: HER CAREER

Portrait Of You

Idly staring at the screen of her PC while a certain video was playing repeatedly and thinking of what she felt earlier. She felt a sensation that she is 100% sure she never felt in her whole life. Curiosity grows out of her while watching that video. It's not she is an avid fan of the singer who sang the song in the video. However, a certain guy caught her attention. His dark brown orbs which she thinks has the capability to drown her while she was looking into it. His high cheekbones when he smiles seems addicting to watch then and now. But the last thing she admired is how his lips were shaped by God that looks like he is smiling even though in reality, he is not.

She was confused. She thought it was just hallucinations. She supposed to be not feeling this. She was sure this is just some kind of misconception and that her eyes was just deceiving her. Her mind is in a mess, a big mess that she doesn't know how to declutter it.

For her to ease her mind and to forget this foreign feeling, she went to the dance studio which is located few blocks away from their house and spent one hour practicing a choreography that needs to be performed at the Annual School Talent Show. 

 

Two thing she doesn't hate in her life is this: 

 

DANCING and DRAWING

 

First, her parents disapproved her joining any extra-curricular activities that requires one's body to be use and be under exhaustion. But the only exception is that enrolling her to various language classes, which is not limited to 4 different language class per week.

Mirae's parents thinks that Dancing is just a mere hobby and will not make a profit out of it. Their point of view is if one is willing to tire himself out, one must also make money out of that exhaustion. 

 

Thus, she hid the fact that she enters a dance troupe in her school and that Annual School Talent Show. And also the fact that she always stay in the dance studio few blocks away right after school hours, pretending that she is studying her language classes. 

The secret is that the language class is right below the dance studio and the said dance studio was also a gym.

Second, drawing in the first place is a hobby were her parents force her to learn when she was young. But after time goes by, she learnt to love it that she decided to delve into learning various kinds of techniques in drawing and find her niche in drawing. Which resulted to drawing various sceneries and portraits using oil pastel.

 

Hence, everyday she feels like she is a juggler.

1. She study hard to maintain her grades and to stay being the top 1 in her school

2. After class hours, immediately goes to studio to train and polish her dance moves.

3. Making some sketch of what she will draw and eventually finish it at the end of the day for all of her drawings will be auction on a Art Gallery where her auntie is the owner and the director.

 

After the last beat of the song, she immediately lie at the floor catching her breath.Few seconds after she lie down right next to the floor-to-ceiling mirror her phone vibrates numerous times indicating that there someone or something sent her a notification. Right after she obtain the gadget, a message pops up and it shows the name of Joohyun. What's wrong with this girl? Sending unnecessary messages.

She unlocks her phone and went to the messaging app, tap her friend's name and decided to call her. 

 

"Hey Pretty Lady! What's up? Why did you suddenly call? Miss me already?"

 

"Cut calling me nicknames, it makes me puke. Anyway, back to the question, you know what's up? As much as I'd like that you are not forgetting that you have a best friend and keeping me updated of what is happening to you... but what are you thinking?!"

 

"Why? What are you talking about?"

 

"I'm talking about all of those unnecessary notifications.  Your sending various messages that I don't know what crap that is?!"

 

"Hey hey... slow down will ya? You think your a rapper?" befuddlement can be heard in Joohyun's voice. Mirae is annoyed and confused at the same time thus she flare up unto her friend. 

 

"Ohhh... sorry. Its because you sent me messages that I don't know what it is meant. You know I'm not interested in those kind of stuff." she said a low tone voice after she calmed down.

 

"Eh?!"

 

"What do you mean of 'eh?!'" Mirae heard some rustling sounds like someone is getting off the bed. "Wait a second, Mirae-ah" Joo-hyun said while Mirae heard foot steps on the other line hinting that her friend must've stand up from where she is lying or sitting down and probably get her ear phones for her to talk with Mirae while tapping and looking for something in her phone.

 

"Ooopss sorry, I accidentally add you in a fan cafe of a rising Idol group where I was a member of it. I didn't double check it that I accidentally tap your name when I was sending invites in my contacts."

"Joohyun-ah, next time becareful okay? What if you accidentally send weird messages or images to some stranger. It may used against you and you will never had a chance to be debuted."

"Ha ha ha.... can you be not agitated for once? I will be alright and you know that all my SNS accounts were on private so it is not easy for me to find online unless I am willingly find other people and add them up. Which you know that I'm not that kind of person. Right?"

"Of course, I'm just concern for your welfare. I've been like your family in here in Seoul while your biological family is hundred miles away back in Daegu. I don't know what would I do if any thing bad happens to you, either its physically, mentally, and/or  emotionally."

 

"Aww.. that's so sweet of you. I thank the god for sending me an angel. Ha ha ha... Anyway, I was just about to call you earlier but thankfully you did, I have a good news and bad news to you. Which one should I tell you?"

 

"Bad news first, good news would always be the last thing I should be heard to compensate for the bad thing."

 

"Ha ha ha, thought so. Just promise me that you will not shout, enraged or blurt any profanities you know. Okay?"

 

"Why did you think that I will do that? huh? Bae Joo-hyun?"

 

"Just promise me okay?!"

 

"Okay I promise" Mirae said while raising her right hand as if her friend can see her

 

"Okay, here it. The thing is that, S.M Entertainment is hiring for temporary visual director because Ms. Sung Deok Mi, you remember her right? That beautiful visual director that I've introduced to you because of my brother was her best friend?"

 

"Yeah, why? What's wrong with her?"

 

"Deok-mi eonni is getting married in a few weeks and she filed a temporary leave of employment for bout 2 months because she after wedding, she and her future husband will went to U.S for honeymoon and also for a vacation after 9 nine years of working in the company. Which is why the company is looking for a reliever and they couldn't look for one, until Deok-mi eonni saw your artwork in my phone as my wallpaper and recommended you too Lee Soo-man as her replacement."

 

"ooohhh she saw my drawings and told the CEO about..... wait, what?! You told them???!!!"

 

"No no no, wait, I didn't intend to, Eonni did. And they want you to come to the main office tommorrow." Joo-hyun sound sheepishly.

 

"No, I don't want. You know that I want to stay hidden as an artist until I am free from my parents eagle eyes and threshold."

 

"Stop! Before you complaint, hear me out first. You will go there as a visual director, not an artist, not as Marigold. You will be the visual director, meaning you are the head of all visual designs and aesthetic sides of all the album that the company will release, the kind of concept of each and every idol that they will portray in their album and lastly the conceptualization of all the concerts that will occur."

 

"I will think about it"

 

"Yes!"

 

"Oh no... hold up! I'm not yet affirming that I will do it. Not until I talked to them first."

 

"Oh sure no problem."

 

"Anyway, what's your good news?"

 

"Ha ha ha.... I knew you will ask that right away. The good news is that, you will get a chance to be with me when you became the visual director." 

 

"And why did you say so?"

 

"Because you will work with me!!"

 

"What?! How can it be? Your not even debuting yet, unless..."  Mirae's eyes starting to round indicating that she knows what her friend had been hinting on her.

 

"Yes!! I know what you are thinking!!!! I will be debuting in few months time!!! Isn't that great??!!"

 

"O...M...G!!! You are not ing serious??!!"

 

"Hey... lady manners please...."

 

"Ooops... I'm sorry got a bit excited over there. But I'm so much happy for you. Your dreams will come alive at last."

 

"Yeah, thanks to the gods and thank you for being there for me and for not giving up for me in times when I am down."

 

"Nahh... I thank you for all of the things and sacrificed you've made for me even though you are much busier than I am."

 

"Your welcome, my darling. What are friends for right? Anyway, so... are you already decided that you will become the visual director? Because if you do, your first project is the concept of me and my teammates' debut single."

 

"Oh definitely, yes! I wouldn't miss out to the world to help my friend"

 

"Aww thanks, jagiya... By the way, see you tommorrow, okay? Gotta go, my practice doesn't end yet unti 12 am strikes. Okay, love you."

 

"Wait, joohyun-ah..." 

 

After that call, Mirae left wondering and apprehensive to what will happen tommorrow. Her muscle tensed and her anxiety began to materialize. Because Mirae is the kind of person who likes to be alone not because she intend to but to avoid judging stares from people who doesn't still accept the the 3rd class of the society which includes the oddities and gender-issues,

 

They said that "mind over matter".

 

I hope everything will go smoothly as the way I pray that it should be.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi guys!! It's me fangirl24ever!!!

 

I am truly sorry for the late update. I've got stuck doing my job as a legal staff in the company I've worked for. And also several travels related to work I've went to which is why I didn't have a chance to finish this chapter.

 

But nonetheless, a promise is a promise, I will workd hard to update this and give all my best because of you, readers (outspoke or silent)and als because this work is dedicated to the precious person I've always endeared and cherished for the past 5 years.

 

Love lots,

 

 

fangirl24EVER