Another Step

My Annoying Sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Bunny...”
“That ahjumma....is mom, right?” Wonyoung asked in tears.

 

Sakura walked closer to Wonyoung and kneeled in front of her. 

 

“You remember her...” Sakura whispered.
“But our mom is dead....she is dead...,” Wonyoung cried.
“Bunny...”

 

Sakura hugged Wonyoung as Wonyoung continued crying.

 

“Our mom is dead unnie....she is dead...”

 

= = = = =

 

Sakura pulled the blanket up to Wonyoung’s chest. Sakura watched as Wonyoung finally fell asleep after hours of crying. Wonyoung kept denying the fact that her mom is still alive. Sakura herself was still in a shock so she did not expect her sister to handle it better than her.

 

It was almost midnight. Sakura could feel her tummy growling. She had not eaten anything since the afternoon. Sakura walked out of her room going to the kitchen. She stopped halfway when she saw someone was in the living room watching TV.

 

“Chae?”
“Saku-chan!”

 

Chaeyeon switched the TV off and rushed to Sakura.

 

“How is Wonnie?” Chaeyeon asked.
“She is sleeping, but why are you still up at this hour?”
“Well, I was waiting for you,”
“Why?” 
“You have not had your dinner right? Let’s have dinner together,”

 

Chaeyeon pulled Sakura to the kitchen, had her seated on the table and Chaeyeon quickly prepare the food. Sakura just let Chaeyeon did anything she wanted because Sakura herself was not feeling that good.

 

“I cooked your favourite Oyakodon,” 

 

Chaeyeon placed a plate of Oyakodon in front of Sakura along with a glass of water. Then, Chaeyeon took her seat across Sakura.

 

“Let’s eat shall we?” Chaeyeon grabbed her spoon.

 

Sakura smiled and she took the first bite of her food. 

 

“This is good,” Sakura complimented.
“That is because I am a good cooker!”

 

After the dinner, Chaeyeon told Sakura to sleep as she went to wash dishes. Suddenly, Chaeyeon felt a pair of hand sliding through her waist hugging her from behind. Chaeyeon felt her heart beating like crazy as she felt the familiar touch. 

 

“Chae...”

 

Chaeyeon could feel Sakura leaning her head on her shoulder. Chaeyeon tried her best to stay calm and kept washing even though inside she was almost dead.

 

“Saku-chan?”
“Chae...thank you for everything,” Sakura whispered.
“This is just me returning your favour...you helped me a lot,”
“No, you took care of us, I am grateful you are here,”
“That’s my job as a friend,” Chaeyeon said as she put the last plate down.
“Just friend?”

 

Chaeyeon paused. Her face blushed. Sakura then turned  Chaeyeon’s body around to face her. Now, they were facing each other face to face.

 

“Am I just a friend of yours?” Sakura stared at Chaeyeon with her pretty big eyes.
“Saku-chan....”
“Are we nothing more than a friend?”

 

Chaeyeon swear she could die happily right now with Sakura staring at her like that. As Chaeyeon was loss for words to reply, Sakura leaned closer that she could feel Sakura breathing. 

 

“Maybe you need a triggered kiss,” Sakura smirked as she went closer, aiming for Chaeyeon’s lip.

 

Chaeyeon froze and she closed her eyes. She was so nervous that she thought her heart almost burst. She could feel Sakura’s hand holding her hand and Chaeyeon prepared herself for her first kiss. Sakura was only an inch closer to kiss Chaeyeon’s when

 

“Disgusting!”

 

Sakura and Chaeyeon broke from each other. Chaeyeon  turned back to clean the sink while Sakura acting like she was arranging the chair. Their face turned red from embarrassment. 

 

“Don’t act like nothing happen, I saw everything,”
“Little Chae, why are you still up?” Chaeyeon asked awkwardly.
“I am thirsty so I went to get some drink but only to witness this adult scene,”

 

Chaeryeong took a bottle of water from the fridge and walked back to her room. Just before she left,

 

“This house got lots of minor, please behave,” 

 

The two jaw dropped at how savage Chaeryeong is. Chaeyeon admit her defeat and Sakura hide herself behind the chair. 

 

“That was embarrassing!” 

 

= = = = =

 

The next day at school was not that great for Wonyoung. Wonyoung was moody all day and she was sleeping through all the class. Nako and Chaeryeong let her did anything she wanted because Sakura told them exactly what happen. Sakura told them to take care of Wonyoung as what she needed the most now is comfort.

 

During lunch, Nako and Chaeryeong dragged Wonyoung to the cafe. Wonyoung was not feeling it but her friend insisted so she just went with them.

 

“Look at that girl, faces all puffy,” Minju blocked their way.
“Move aside unnie, we want to eat,” Chaeryeong tried to walk away but Minju blocked them again.
“Have you been crying? Why? Because Sakura lost to Yujin?” Minju said and everyone laughed.

 

Nako and Chaeryeong looked worriedly at Wonyoung. Wonyoung eyes turned furious as she stared at Minju.

 

“Move Kim Minju, I am not in the mood,” Wonyoung replied.
“Looks like someone is scared,” Minju mocked.
“Unnie, stop this, we are not planning to cause trouble here,” Chaeryeong added.

 

Na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter