Sunset

The Happiest She Can Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they arrived at the park, it was busy, slightly busier than they anticipated. People didn’t recognise them but the lines at the big rides they had wanted to try out was way too long and would therefore risk their identities more. So, they settled on smaller rides that people queue up for.

Sakura and Chaeyeon held hands wherever they went, following Hyewon’s food hunting spree. The Koala-cat-like girl went crazy for all kinds of food stands, her favourites being the cupcake stand and the corndog stand. The couple stayed for the majority but as soon as Yena ran off to take pictures with a bunch of mascots that were passing by, Sakura ran away, tugging Chaeyeon along until they were on the other side of the park.

The older girl sat down on a bench, she was sweating and panting even though she didn’t really run that much meanwhile Chaeyeon was completely fine and took pity on her girlfriend.

‘’This is why you should join me on my night jogs.’’ Chaeyeon said, fanning Sakura with her hands.

‘’Maybe I’ll join you someday, just not any time soon.’’ Sakura took her mask off because it was getting too hot and there weren’t many people around this area.

‘’What do you want to do?’’

Sakura looked around and saw a gift shop across from them, a light bulb going off in her head.

‘’Let’s buy each other a gift!”

‘’Do we have a price limit?’’ Chaeyeon was always asking this question because she was known for splashing a lot of money (unintentionally) on her members or her girlfriend. Its not because shes rich…. it’s because shes SUPER rich. The IZ*ONE members made a rule about a certain budget when it came to buying gifts.

‘’Uhhh…Just nothing too expensive, okay?’’ Sakura patted Chaeyeon’s head, the dancer’s eyes were sparkling because she knew she could go crazy and her girlfriend would eventually forgive her.

The gift shop they went into had an assortment of things. From cuddly plushies to cute keyrings to weird mug designs. They had everything. Sakura stuck to the headband area, she placed her hand on her chin in her usual manner and started contemplating which one she should get for Chaeyeon.

‘’The mouse ears are really cute, but the cat ears are so pretty…’’ In the end she picked the angel halo headband because it reminded her of that time at the fansign when Chaeyeon was wearing one and Sakura loved that look because she truly did think of her girlfriend as an angel.

When she was lining up to pay for her gift and some goods for herself, she noticed a guy lurking around where Chaeyeon was still browsing. She narrowed her eyes at the strange guy as he was beginning to get closer and closer to her beloved. Sakura felt her hands clench into tight fists and her blood boil when the man took advantage of Chaeyeon’s obliviousness and started brushing by to get a ‘good feel’. At that moment, she marched over, grabbed Chaeyeon aside and pushing her behind her. The guy obviously knew he had been caught and decided it would be best to rush outside the shop. As much as Sakura wanted to punch the guy and scream ‘molester’, it was best to stay quiet because of their job description.

‘’Whats wrong?’’ Chaeyeon asked, her wrist was slightly hurting because of Sakura’s surprisingly strong grip. ‘’Is everything ok?’’

Sakura snapped out of her furious state and sighed but remembered that her gift was a surprise. ‘’Nothing! I’m going to pay now! I’ll wait for you outside!’’ She briskly went back to the queue. Sometimes, she wished that Chaeyeon would be more aware of her surroundings. Chaeyeon was too up in the air for her own good. However, she was glad that the man never did any more damage otherwise she would’ve caused a scene regardless of being part of an idol group.

Once they were both done paying, they sat down on the same bench and faced each other with their masks off. Sakura went first because Chaeyeon insisted which made Sakura suspicious of what might come her way.

‘’So, I got you this.’’ She shoved the bag with the headband in Chaeyeon’s direction with a slight blush. She and her long-time best friend, Murashige, had often fantasized about giving gifts to their boyfriends or girlfriends ever since they were young. Sakura was most excited.

Chaeyeon opened the bag to reveal the fluffy angel headband and she giggled at the exact memory Sakura had when she brought it.

‘’Are you going to throw angel pick up lines at me?’’ She put the head band on top of her hat and jiggled it about causing it to bounce everywhere.

‘’I might do.’’ Sakura took out her phone and snapped some pictures while Chaeyeon automatically posed for her. ‘’You look beautiful.’’

This time it was Chaeyeon’s face that couldn’t help but turn red.

‘’Here, I might’ve spent a lot but trust me, you’ll like it.’’ Chaeyeon handed a bag that was heavier than it appeared to be. Sakura opened the bag and saw a plushie of a cat that was the same breed as Maru.

She looked back and forth from the cat to Chaeyeon with teary eyes.

‘’I knew that you were missing Maru a lot and I thought I might as well get you something that you could cuddle whenever you want.’’ The dancer gave a toothy grin and accepted the sudden kiss she got.

‘’Thank you, I really do miss Maru, this means a lot.’’

The girls stared at each other until it became a little awkward and they started laughing.

‘’I really want to kiss you right now.’’ Sakura confessed.

‘’Then do it.’’

‘’You know I can’t.’’

Chaeyeon pouted and crossed her arms. ‘’As long as I get as many as I want when we get back.’’

The older girl put the gifts back in the bags and stood up, offering a hand to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter