Second Home

It's You

****

In the morning, they had breakfast at 10 AM because they all woke up late. “Good morning, everyone!” Haeun greets cheerfully. A long sleep felt so good after the struggles to settle the schools' goods.

“Good morning, Haeun-nie. Here.” Mrs Kim hands her a bowl of rice and taps on the seat next to her, asking Haeun to sit there. Haeun nod, understanding what her mom's order.

“Chicken kimchi stew and vegetable omelette? Yum!” she digs in the dishes.

“Where's Noona and Dad?” Ji Hoon asked. It's weird to not seeing them at the dining table. SoHyun usually the first one who sit and wait for food.

“They're still sleeping. You know, they slept at 2 AM last night because of the budget plan. So, let them sleep more, okay?” Mrs Kim explained.

“Ohh, sure.” Ji Hoon replied.

Three of them are chatting while eating. It's been 30 minutes but foods in their bowl still haven't finished yet. 

“Hey, good morning.” Mr Kim greets with a smile. He then took a seat and his food on his own.

A few moments later, So Hyun joins them on the dining table.

“Are you guys woke up late too? Why are you still eating?” she wondered.

“Nah, we're just chatting. And forgot to eat hahaha.” Ji Hoon responded.

“Ah, mom. Are we going to visit the apartments today to take a look?” Haeun asked.

“Yes. We have three choices. Why don't we get going after we were done eating?” 

“Sure.” The others answered and continued digging their food.

****

“So, the first one called The Castle. It located in the middle of the city. So, the traffic might be bad in the morning. It is quite pricy too. But it does look comfortable in the pictures. Let's take a look first.” Mrs Kim explained while her husband drives.

The others just nodded as they got what she said.

They arrived at 2 PM at the apartment and meet the landlord. He showed them the house. 

“Ahh, no wonder it name is 'The Castle'. It's all fancy here.” Ji Hoon's eyes wandered around.

End up, the house is a little too big for three of them. There are 4 rooms and 3 bathrooms. There is dry kitchen too. It would be such a waste because they won't be going to use it.

After discussing and looking around for about an hour, they got back to the car and start moving.

“Hey is it fine if we have lunch a bit late? It's lunchtime now but I don't feel like eating.” Mr Kim asked the others.

“Yeah, sounds fine. We ate a little too much earlier before after all.” So Hyun replied on behalf of others. 

“Alright. We'll go straight to the second apartment.”

They arrived at the second house and take a look at it.

“This house is comfier.” The others agree with Haeun. It has the vibes of their real home at Daejeon.

“Yeah, the furniture is pretty and have no obvious damages yet.” The apartment is fully furnished so they don't have to buy new ones.

“Of course, the white goods work fine too.” The agent does his job to convince his client. Well, he is right though.

“Three rooms? Hey, look! It has three rooms. Cool!" Ji Hoon seemed to like the house.

"So, what do you think?" asked the agent.

“I love it!” Ji Hoon was the first to comment.

"Yeah, we prefer this one." Mrs Kim spoke up to answer the agent.

“I will leave you guys alone for a moment. You may discuss together and take a look a bit more. If you agree, we can proceed to the documents right after to save up times. Excuse me.” The agent headed out to give them some space to talk.

“So, you guys seemed to like this house. Shall we just pick this one?” Mrs Kim asked the others for opinion.

“Yeah. I agree. It's already evening though. Another few hours could be taken if we look at the third choice.” Mr Kim stated his opinion.

Everyone agreed with the decision and Mrs Kim informed the house agent that they have confirmed to rent the apartment. By what the agent has said, it usually took about 5 days to complete the paperwork.

After that, they went to a restaurant nearby to have lunch and went back to Daejeon.

****

“I'm going to Seoul today and stay there for a day because I need to sign a few documents.” Mrs Kim informed her family.

“Do you want me to come with? I'm okay with it.” Haeun offered.

“No, it's okay. I'll stay at my friend's house for a night. I don't want her family to feel burden with too many visitors.” she explained.

“Take care, Mom.” 

"Of course. Haeun, I'll go to your and Jihoon's school too. So, don't worry about it."

“Thank you! I love you!” Haeun replied with heart shape hand sign.

“I'm going! Make sure the house is clean when I get back.”