Together, Forever

It's You

****

The trio gathered at Haeun's room as usual. But this time, they gathered after lunch. They all are doing their own thing. Haeun is braiding her hair, So Hyun is browsing on her laptop while Ji Hoon is laying on the bed and playing a video game on his phone

“So, what's up?” Ji Hoon asks all sudden while playing the game.

“I've got an email from the company. They said that I'll be transferred to the Seoul branch. That is too far for me to drive from here to Seoul every day. What should I do now?” So Hyun talks with crack voice. She almost cried when she checked her email.

“Why don't you just decline the offer and try to send your resume to other companies?” Ji Hoon suggests.

“That would be too risky though. CBR Bank is the company that So Hyun unnie dreamed to work for since high-school. She couldn't just shrug this golden opportunity off,” explains Haeun. She feels bad for her sister. It must be hard for her.

“It takes about 2 hours to get to Seoul for here. The tolls and gas will cost me a lot too. And traffic jams... Aaaa I'm stressed!” So Hyun complains. They live at Daejeon where it's always busy in the mornings. And Seoul? That place is busy all the time. The roads, the malls, the streets. It's always crowded.

“Why don't you just moved there? It's easier. You're an adult after all.” He still focuses on the game but manages to catch everything his sisters talked about.

“Yes! That's a good idea!” Haeun agrees. She punched Ji Hoon's arm slowly as she is proud of him. 

“Do you want me to live there? Without you guys? No! I will be so lonely.” So Hyun's eyes getting teary.

“Hey, It's okay, unnie. We will always be by your side.” Haeun hugs her sister to comfort her.

Ji Hoon stopped his game too because he doesn't want to disrespect his sister. She is having a hard time. He starts to comfort her to by patting So Hyun's back. “Yeah, noona. We're ain't getting apart.”

“What if we all just move to Seoul?” Haeun shares her thought even though it's quite impossible.

“We can't. Dad just got promoted as Chief Information Officer in his company. The company has no branch in Seoul. Mom has been busy with her works as the head manager of The Pavilion. That shopping mall is really crowded these days.” So Hyun realized it was impossible. “I guess there's some things are needed to be sacrificed.” She lost her hope on her dream.

“I can stay there with you,” Ji Hoon said.

“Yeah, me too. Transferring schools doesn't really have a lot of work. So, we'll be fine.” Haeun adds.

“That's a good idea, guys! Thank you. I'll tell Mom and Dad today during dinner later. Let's hoping that they will allow us!” The elder got back her courage.

Their parents might not agree with this because the three of them have never been far away from home without their parents' observation for a long time. The longest time they lived alone without them was a week and that was because Mr and Mrs Kim needed to go to Jeju Island, Mr Kim's village due to his mother's illness has gotten worse.

(Dinner time)

“Mom, Dad, I've got an email today.” So Hyun declares. Her face shows her nervousness. “I got transferred to Seoul. They have opened a new branch there and I'm needed to cover a position,” she continues.

Mrs Kim looks shocked by the news but she remains silent. She doesn't want to jump to the conclusion without knowing the full details.

“Hmm. So, how do you going to handle this?” Mr Kim asks calmly. He doesn't want to add problems on his daughter. He knows the difficulties she will face.

“I've talked about this with Haeun and Ji Hoon and I thought that I should stay at Seoul.” So Hyun feels worried if her parents don't allow her to.

“Are you sure, So Hyun? Alone there in Seoul?” Mrs Kim finally says something. Her kids knew she would ask that.

“Ji Hoon and I will accompany unnie there. We planned to rent an apartment. For school, I'll settle the school transferring process of both of us. So Hyun is still searching for a suitable apartment. We know you two are busy. It's fine. We siblings will help each other whenever ones facing troubles.” Haeun used good words for the explanation to convince them. Ji Hoon just stays silent because he doesn't want to mess it up.

Mr and Mrs Kim kept silent and just nodded. They're thinking wisely. Both of them are looking at each other. Even though they're not talking, but you can see that they're contacting. It's like they're having telepathy or something. 

They are worried about them but that is a good idea after all. At least the kids can learn to be independent. They proud of them because they are willing to be there for each other. 

After a few minutes of silence, Mr Kim declares his decision.

“I'm okay with that. But you guys have to promise me you will take care of yourselves and others, okay? Don't fight and be reasonable,” he advised his kids.

“Your dad's right. Listen to him. I'm giving my permission too,” Mrs Kim adds.

“Sir. Yes, sir!” the siblings shout and salute to their parents. They all are laughing together.

After dinner, they divide the tasks since there are only 4 weeks left before schools start. So Hyun and Mrs Kim search up for apartments while Haeun and Ji Hoon work on the school transfer. Mr Kim calculates his children's budget expenditure including house rent, school fees, and food.

So Hyun and Mrs Kim searched up for apartments. “This one looks so comfy!”

“Nah, too big.”

“Too small.”

“Wow! This house only costs 60000W for a month?!”

You can clearly hear the noises of them from the living room. They shortlisted 5 best apartments and will ask for the others to choose tomorrow. 

Haeun starts to work on the school transferring process through online in her room. Ji Hoon helps her sister by going through the documents like ID, exam results and else. S

Since transfer requests to the public school system are always late to be approved, Haeun chose Yongsan High School for her and Itaewon Academy for Ji Hoon. Luckily, the tuition fees aren't that expensive.

While that, Mr Kim does his task at the dining room. There are papers all over the table. He wants the best for his beloved kids, so he works hard on the budget planning to make sure they don't have to face financial problems at Seoul. He looked stressed out.

Just then, So Hyun comes by.

“Hey, Dad. Need this professional accountant's help?” she flips her hair. She feels guilty for causing troubles but she wants to enlighten the atmosphere.

“Yes, please.” He grins. They discussed and worked on the plan together. They finished it at 2 AM.

“Thanks, Dad. For all you've done to us.” So Hyun smiled and hugged him.

“It's my duty as your father, Sohyun-ah.” He patted her head and smiled. "Go to sleep now, baby."