Thanks, Buddy

It's You

****

Haeun woke up earlier than everyone else because she set her alarm at 8 AM while the others probably didn't even set theirs.

She got off her bed and took a bath. When she already dressed up, it's only 9 in the morning. The others are still on their beds, snoring like there's no tomorrow. Well, of course, they are still sleeping, the plan was to have everyone ready at 11 AM. Haeun is just too excited...isn't she the one who laughed at Ji Hoon childish suggestion before?

“I got an idea.” That smirk on her face shows this ain't going to be easy...

...To the target.

“Kim Jihoon, wake up! Your crush is here. She's at the front door!” She screamed as soon as she entered Jihoon's room and jumped straight onto the bed and shook Ji Hoon's body.

He is not even fully awake. “My what? Crush? Why would—”

“Yes. Hurry! You are not going to miss the chance this time.” She cut his words and about to leave the room with a smug on her face. “You're welcome.”

To the next victim's room. Kim So Hyun.

Haeun scrolled through her phone searching for something. “Ah, this one.” She sneaked into So Hyun's room and slowly getting closer to the one who's sleeping. Making sure her phone's volume at the max, she tapped on the play button. I Am A Good Boy by Taeyang and G-dragon loud music filled the room.

So Hyun got a real shock as she fell off her bed. Poor sister. “I'm having the best dream ever yet you woke me up! We're about to have our first kiss!” So Hyun whined. She then threw tantrum like a kid.

Haeun decided to play along since Sohyun doesn't seem like fully-awaked. “With whom?”

“Nam Jo Hyuk!”

“Unnie, do you know what you're talking about?... It's okay I don't wanna know. Just get ready now. Hurry!” That was not what she expected, but — nah. Haeun left the room then.

Haeun took the chance to from outside of the room. “Oh, and sorry about your 'date and first kiss moment' with Nam Joo Hyuk. I was not aware of that.”

“That ...,” So Hyun muttered.

From the living room, you could hear another yell from Ji Hoon, “You lied to me!”

Haeun rushed towards the living room. “Aww, I'm sorry, baby.” She patted Ji Hoon's hair. “What makes you think that your crush will come to your house? She lives in another neighbourhood, bro!” Haeun laughed and tapped his head.

“You— wahh, really...” he scoffed. “I don't know what to say... This is so embarrassing.” Why did he even listen to her though?

“It's okay, you don't have to say anything. Just go get a shower now,” Haeun assured.

“Why is it so noisy down there?” Mr Kim asked from the upstairs. He was awakened by the noise.

“Nothing, daddy. Good to know that you're up! We're getting ready right now. I hope we can get moving earlier than our plan if everyone gets ready faster. Right, Dad?” Haeun arranged her words before she talks.

“Uh, sure. Your mom is showering now, and I am almost done. I'm pretty sure we will be able to make it there earlier.” Daddy replies.

“Yes! Okay, Daddy. I will go check Jihoon and Sohyun.”

                                          ***

“So, everyone is ready now? Let's get moving!” Mr Kim excitedly proclaimed.

“Yeah!” Haeun and Mrs Kim reply in excitement.

“Hmm.” The eldest and the youngest agreements also can be heard though it doesn't sound exciting.

Haeun felt guilty. She knew what she did before was wrong. She's figuring out how to persuade and cheer them back while they are on the road.

About 45 minutes in the car, Haeun decided to share to the others the thing she made when she woke up earlier before. “Here! I made us a light breakfast when I got ready early before!” She told them with a cheerful voice.

“Wow, that's great Haeun! I'm sorry because I didn't make breakfast. I overslept. There are too many works at the office. Sorry again,” Mrs Kim was too tired until she didn't make it prepare them breakfast.

“Nah. It's okay, honey. It is not your fault.” Her beloved husband understands her.

“Yeah, Mum. It's not a big deal. You should have fun today! Release the stress.” Now her children hearten her.

“You guys can have these rice balls. For Mum and Dad, I've put tuna inside it. Mommy, you should help Daddy by feeding him.” Haeun said with a naughty laugh while handing the food to her mother at the front seat.

“Thanks, Haeun. You know our favourites! Anyway, what's with that naughty laugh, huh?” Mrs Kim giggled while receiving the rice balls.

“Nothing!” Haeun smiled.

“And crab filling for my beloved brother, Ji Hoon.” 

“Thank you.” It's his favourite! His attempt to sulk seemed to fade away.

"Here, Unnie. Kimchi rice ball. Your favourite, right?" Haeun approach slowly and give the said one with a little smile.

So Hyun took the rice with a smile. "Thanks, Haeun-ah."

Thankfully, they are enjoying her cooking. "I'm sorry guys." She placed her hands on both So Hyun and Ji Hoon beside her.

"Yeah. Luckily your tactic is successful. We forgive you. Cook for us more next time!" So Hyun tried to reply with a firm voice but she failed as she cracks into laughter.

Ji Hoon chuckles. “Good to know that you have repent.”

“Wanna die?”

***

They stopped at a stop and rest station at the highway to eat breakfast and get back on the road. The amusement park is located in Seoul. It took about an hour and a half to get there from Daejeon by car.

As they arrived, Haeun noticed someone she knew. “Bobby Oppa!” She screamed his name and ran towards him.

“I invited you guys' beloved uncle to join us today because he asked about you all a lot every time he calls or messages me. I'm tired of answering him all the time.” Mrs Kim explained when they all gathered around Bobby.

He is her only brother. Their age difference is 20 years but they are still close to each other. Yeah, it is weird. How can a sibling be 20 years apart? So actually, their parents get married at the age of 20 and Mrs Kim born in the same year too. And then there come Bobby, 20 years after. A miracle happens, guys.

“Hey, cutie!” He hugged Haeun. “You've grown up a lot! I'm having a hard time to recognize you from afar. You're prettier now! But luckily, your high pitch voice remains the same. Anyway, how old are you guys now? You guys seriously look different!” Bobby asks them excitedly.

The last time he met them was only 5 years ago. He went to the US to further his studies for 4 years and had an internship program with a video games company for 8 months. That's why it took him a while to meet them. He has been busy the whole time.

Jihoon raises his hand. “15 years old handsome boy here.”

“I'm 17. I'm a young lady now.” Haeun flips her hair and smirks.

“I'm 21, Oppa.” So Hyun sends him a cute smile.

“Then I'm like you guys' big brother. I'm just turning 24 this year.” He smirked and patted his nieces.

"“Alright, enough with talks. Let's go inside and have fun!” Mr Kim is already at the entrance.

“Let's go!”

***

Haeun laughed at them. “You guys are cowards! The roller coaster ride wasn't that extreme!”

“Yeah, yeah. Say whatever you want, Haeun.” Sohyun mindlessly nodded. “At least we didn't cry at the haunted house!” Her evil laugh sounds so evil...

The two boys joins in. “I know, right?”

“What? No, I didn't!” Haeun retorted.

“I got it caught on camera, though.”

“What the hell, guys?”

Jihoon having his time to pay back her prank at him before. “Just admit it, noona.”

They continued chatting— more like roasting each other while having dinner at the cafe in the amusement park.

“Anyway, Sohyun, congrats on your new job. You got a permanent position at such a young age! I'm so proud of you.” Bobby placed his hand on So Hyun's head and patted So Hyun's arm.

“Thanks. I beated you on that, wasn't I?” she slyly smiles.

“I want to say that you don't— but I can't.” Fact checks only when it comes to Sohyun. “Oh, I gotta go now. I have a meeting and presentation tomorrow so I need to make preparation. It is so great to be with you guys here today. I'll visit you when I get free time. Bye~" Bobby announced his farewell.


"Hmm bye, Oppa. Don't forget us!" "Hyung, let's play video games together next time." They hugged him.

                                                                                                                                     ****

"I need to use the toilet. Noona, can you accompany me?" Ji Hoon asks Haeun to accompany him because the restroom is not in the cafe's area and it's quite at a distance. Haeun is also the only one who finished her food already. The sky is quite dark even though it just 8 PM. There are not so many people around too. Luckily, the lights from the games area brighten up the night.

"Seriously, Jihoon? Just minutes after Bobby left?" she nearly scoffed.

"You know, I can't decide the time I pee," he defended.

Hearing his response, Haeun sighs. "Fine. Let's go." To be honest, she is scared especially after the haunted house trip.

They arrived at the restroom and head back to the cafe.

"Walk faster, Ji Hoon. It's getting scary though." She pulled Ji Hoon. Just then, they both tripped and fell. "Auch!"

"Are you guys okay? Here, grab my hand." A guy from nearby helped them.

"Yeah, we're fine. Thanks." Haeun grabbed his hand to get up. She offered him a smile.

The boy held Haeun's hand and look at it thoroughly. "Oh, seems like your hand is injured. Is it hurt? Do you want me to-"

"No no. It's fine. We're kinda late so, we'll get going now. Thanks again, buddy!" Haeun took Ji Hoon's hand and walked away to the cafe. She called him 'buddy' because he looked like at her age. Well, hopefully. "Hey Ji Hoon, let's walk carefully and not get into trouble again now."

"Yeah, sure." Ji Hoon also doesn't want to get hurt. Because it hurts when you fall.

They arrived at the cafe.

"There they are!" "What took you guys so long?" They asked curiously.

"We fe-"

"Nothing! We went in the wrong direction." Haeun interjected Ji Hoon's words and made up stories. Because if she doesn't, they'll nag on the way back home.

"Let's go home now," said Mr Kim.

They arrived home at midnight and went straight to sleep.