The Good News

It's You

“I got accepted!” Sohyun looks up after taking a bite of the chicken on her hand.

She met with the clueless faces of her family members. “Huh?”

“CBR Bank. They approved me. I'll be a data processing officer!” She started to explain.

Kim Haeun put a witty smug on her face after listening to her. “Yeah, that's my sister right there.” She winked at her.

“Stop it. My eyes hurt looking at you.”

Haeun shot her a glare. And winked again. With more... passionate way.

Sohyun wanted to dash her again but their mother cut her off. “Congratulations, Sohyun! You always make me proud of you.” Mrs Kim reached over to kiss her cheeks. “I'll cook your favorite dishes tomorrow!” 

Mr Kim patted Sohyun's head. “Congratulations! Your hard work paid off. I'm wishing for good luck on your future”

“Thank you, Mom and Dad.” She grinned sheepishly. It has been quite a while for her being spoiled like that since she was busy with her studies.

“Let's celebrate it! Since it's school holiday... amusement park, anyone?” Kim Ji Hoon suggested.

Of course, that is what a 15 years old kid would suggest...

“That would be great!”

“Yeah, that's my brother.” The siblings surely would enjoy it. They high-fived with each other. “Shouldn't we, mom, dad?”

“I'm okay with that. What do you think, Honey?” Mrs Kim was fine to see eye to eye with her kids.

“Yeah, I agree since it's been a long time since we're not having fun together. Okay, we're going this Saturday!” Mr Kim responded to the question after a few thoughts.

“Thank you. We love you!” The siblings made heart signs with their hands and fingers.

“We love you all too. Now eat your food,” Mr and Mrs Kim chuckled.

“Oh anyway, where is your office located at? Is it far? Are you doing okay with driving every day?” Concerns were written all over Mrs Kim's face.

“It's nearby the home, Mom. Don't worry. I will drive and use public transport. Let the mood decides,” So Hyun replied with an assuring look.

Luckily, she took the driving test right after she graduated high school. So, she has a driving license.

“That's a relief to know. I was kinda worried about it. If there's any problem, just let me know, okay?” Mr Kim notified her.

“Of course.”

“Okay, enough talking. Finish your food already.” Ji Hoon reminds them. He already has the third round of the chicken stew while the others still haven't finished their first round of the dish.

“You're the one who should slow down.” Haeun kicked his leg under the table.

“Not my fault that this chicken tastes so good.” He said in response with the raised eyebrows.

****

 

The siblings gathered at Haeun's room as usual before they get to their rooms to sleep. 

Even Haeun don't know why they gather in her room every night but she wouldn't say no after all.

“I'm so excited for tomorrow! We're finally going to have fun together. I missed you guys so much. I was always busy with my studies. By the way, I'm sorry for you guys. Yall must be bored without me!” So Hyun playfully nudged them. She just loved to see their annoyed faces.

Yeah, so bored.” Ji Hoon sarcastically replies to her. So Hyun snorted at his action.

"Haeun and I talked about many things. You've missed a lot.” Jihoon continues to fire up his sister.

“You with your annoying sarcasm.” She rolled her eyes, annoyed.

“Good one, Jihoon.” Haeun and Jihoon bumped their fists.

“Of course, it's Kim Jihoon you're talking to.” He raised an eyebrow and smirked. They all burst into laughter.

“Hey, we should wear the same outfits. It's a thing nowadays. We'll look like siblings goals. Like this!” Haeun showed her phone to the two.

“That's cute! I'm in!” Sohyun agreed.

“Err...Whatever you want, sisters.” He was not interested but what else could he do? Say no and his will be spanked — and that's, a no no.

Haeun explored her wardrobe. “How about a white shirt and light blue denim jeans? At least it's quite comfy.” She took out the said outfit. 

“Yeah, that's kinda cute.” 

“I'm fine with it as long as there's no pink.”

“Alright then. Let's go sleep, fellas. We gotta rest to have energy and shake our tomorrow. Let's go! You, out!” So Hyun pulled her brother to get him on his feet and dragged him out from Haeun's room. Why does she sound drunk?

“What the hell are you doing, noona?! I can walk myself!” he defended himself but 21 years old Sohyun is surely stronger than him. “Goodnight Haeun-nie!” At least he didn't forget to wish goodnight to her sister.

“Goodnight baby!” So Hyun bid goodbye from the room's door while dragging Ji Hoon.

“Have a very good night guys! Just don't tear each other up!” Haeun shouted from her bed and laughed watching her siblings' behaviour.