She's Back

She's My Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It was Friday, and Rio felt her own body getting heavy with the thought of multiple hectic weeks coming her way - work, alongside evening study sessions. She forced both of her feet towards JUMP’s dressing room where she usually hangs out. She wasn’t expecting Ryosuke to come in to work today since he’s still too sick but somehow, her body involuntarily went to the Jimusho like it was her own place of comfort. 

 

Rio stretched both her arms out before laying down all her books on one of the desks in the room. Along with her note pads, is a pink sheet of paper with the title “Yamada-san’s LIKES and DISLIKES” printed in black ink. It was the same list she made when she first met Ryosuke and learned that she will be his bodyguard. She thought she can complete this today with the help of the other JUMP members to become a better ‘bodyguard’ to her boss. 

 

She pulled her earphones and started scanning through her books whilst waiting for the boys to come. It’s still early anyway. It’s a good time to revise… and maybe have some rest. 

 

It wasn’t even twenty minutes when she started feeling drowsy, “I need a power nap” she thought to herself before letting out a yawn. Before she knew it, her head slowly went down and slumped on one of her books. 

 

 

Yuto entered the dressing room door and expected it to be empty. He usually get to the Jimusho earlier than everybody else to practice his drumming, however, he noticed a familiar figure sleeping soundly on one of the desks in the room. Her head slumped down on one of her text books with her face tilted slightly to the right, revealing most of her plump cheeks. 

 

“Baka… What are you doing here so early? You should be resting in your own house” He whispered ever so silently before grabbing the nearest chair and sat next to Rio. A smile escaped his mouth while watching the girl in her slumber. He caressed her cheeks and just fought the urge to pinch them. It’s been a long time since he had the chance to hang out with Rio… there’s no doubt he misses his best friend. 

 

Yuto’s peripheral caught a glimpse on the piece of pink paper laid on the desk alongside her books. The corner of the paper was caught under Rio’s arm but Yuto managed to pull it, luckily without waking up the latter. He read it in his head and suddenly felt a clutch in his chest. “You’re obviously working too hard” He whispered after reading the girl's list dedicated to Ryosuke’s ‘likes’ and ‘dislikes’. 

 

Yuto was about to put it back when he heard someone behind him…

 

“Do you like Rio-chan?” It was Ryosuke himself. He took a few steps towards Yuto and placed both of his hands in his pocket as if interrogating the younger boy. 

 

Yuto was taken aback by his question but didn’t want to lose face. It took him a few seconds to think of a good reply, and with a straight face, he answered… “Yes”

 

After hearing this straightforward response, Yamada sighed. 

 

“… But this girl’s mind seems to be preoccupied with the thoughts of you” Yuto continued and huffed once. He lifted his arm and showed Ryosuke the piece of paper with the title ‘Ryosuke’s LIKES and DISLIKES’ handwritten neatly in ink. 

 

Ryosuke scanned through the page and just couldn’t help but to smile. “She’s finally doing her job properly. She’s MY bodyguard after all” he almost boasted which somehow made Yuto a little bit annoyed. 

 

“Yeah… she’s JUST your bodyguard” Yuto replied without looking directly at Yamada. He felt his heart racing. This is indeed the first time he felt like this towards Ryosuke - annoyed. He doesn’t like the idea of his best friend (or anyone) talking about Rio like she was his possession. 

 

“What do you mean?” 

 

“Rio-chan… she’s special, especially to me. I hope you’re not using her to get over Mariya. She’s never gonna be like your ex-girlfriend” He abruptly said. Both of them can feel the tension in the air. Ryosuke felt his own fist clutching at the thought of Yuto accusing him of ‘using’ Rio. “I’m just glad that you’re doing well than you used to. Maybe after a few weeks, Rio can stop being your bodyguard” 

 

Yamada felt the corner of his eyes twitching. Yuto, his own best friend is making his blood boil at the moment. He was about to counter what Yuto said when both boys heard a moan from the sleeping girl. Before they knew it, Rio’s eyes were already scanning the room, wondering what’s happening. 

 

 

Rio blinked twice after seeing Yuto and Ryosuke standing right in front of her, looking like they were about to devour each other. “What’s going on? Did I miss something?” she cluelessly asked. She waited for a reply but neither of them gave her a decent one. Instead, Ryosuke pulled a chair and sat right across Rio’s.

 

“What kind of bodyguard sleeps while on the job?” Ryosuke teased. Somehow, after seeing Rio’s face, his anger perished. Yuto, on the other hand just looked at the couple and stayed silent for awhile. 

 

“Eh? I thought you won’t be working today. Are you feeling better now?” Rio checked Ryosuke’s temperature by comparing hers to his. She gently placed her hand on his forehead and soon a relieved sigh escaped . She was relieved that Ryosuke is acting normal like he didn’t even get sick in the first place. 

 

“What were you guys talking about?” She then asked. She greeted Yuto who seems to be fighting the urge to say something. However, it was obvious that he doesn’t want Rio to worry. This was not gone unnoticed by Ryosuke who tried his best to change the topic. 

 

“Nothing. We were just talking about this list you made” Ryosuke lifted his arm and showed a familiar piece of paper to Rio. Embarrassed, Rio’s eyes widened and just grabbed the paper from Ryosuke’s grasp. She never intended for Ryosuke to see that list… ever! Yet, it was obviously too late for that. “Isn’t that cheating?”

 

“Huh? How is it cheating?”

 

“You’re asking my friends about my likes and dislikes. I consider it cheating!” Yamada continued to mock the latter, enjoying her blushing face. “Why don’t you ask me directly?”

 

“Eh?”

 

“I’ll tell you something I DON’T like…” Ryosuke’s smile faded and pulled off a serious face. He turned to Yuto to make sure he was listening, then back to Rio. “I DON’T like sharing… especially something that is solely MINE” he proudly said, remembering how Yuto was looking at Rio’s sleeping figure earlier - caressing her face like they were a couple. Even he admits to himself that he’s jealous. 

 

Hearing this, Yuto felt his own brows meeting the the centre of his forehead. It was like Ryosuke was declaring war.

 

On the other hand, as clueless as she is, Rio tilted her head in confusion. She can feel the tension between the two boys but couldn’t pin point what exactly was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter