Solo Birthday

One Year

Couple days have passed. Daisy and Taeha’s health are progressing very well. Kai and the girls are happy with the results. However Kai called a meeting to the living room.

Kai cleared , “Hello girls. Something has been on my mind for a while and I want to address something.”

“Is it me getting up early and waking you and the members with my speaker?” JooE asked.

“Is it my messy room? I swear I’ll clean it after the comeback and if things settle down earlier.” Jane spoke.

“Is it… me eating too much snacks?” Ahin asked sheepishly.

“Well now that you three brought those up, I’ll scold the three of you separately.” Kai gave them a glare and all three of them groaned. Kai cleared again, “However that’s not the case. Since Taeha and Daisy got somewhat serious illnesses, it makes me concerned about the food you all are eating when you diet.”

“Are gonna take our snacks away again?!” Ahin frantically inquired.

Kai sigh, “Ahin-unnie please calm down with the snacks. Both the idea and the actual action. No I’m talking about changing up the food a bit. I’ll be cooking you guys some food that still follows the guideline of your diet but it’s full of iron and necessary nutrients.” Kai looked at her laptop, “I’m worried that your diet doesn’t contain enough iron hence why Taeha has iron deficiency anemia. So I’ll be cooking from now on.” Yeonwoo raises her hand, “Yes unnie?”

“Can I still make pancakes for you?” Yeonwoo asked while being cute.

There was a moment of silence. Then Kai cleared again, “Sure Yeonwoo unnie. There’s nothing wrong with that. You’re pancakes *cough* taste great.” Kai said as she kept focus on her laptop and not making eye contacts.

For the first time, the girls swore they witnessed a miracle. Holy cow, I think she’s blushing. They all thought. “Anyway that’s all I want to talk about. Comeback will be here soon! So y’all go to manager-nim and be prepare! Understood?”

“Yes Kai!” They all shouted.

“Good. Now run along. I’m gonna check up on Daisy and Taeha right now.” With that, all of them gather their stuff and left the dorm.

All except one. Yeonwoo grabbed her stuff but then gave Kai a hug from behind. “Eh? Yeonwoo-unnie you know I don’t like hugs.”

“But I do!” Yeonwoo smiles as she nuzzled her face into Kai’s back, “Even though you don’t like it I’m still gonna give it to you.”

Kai sighed, “Whatever.”

“LET ME JOIN!” Suddenly there’s was a yelling. Yeonwoo turned around to see JooE jumping in the air and glomping onto Kai. “I wanna hug Kai too!”

“Gah! JooE! Let go of me!”

“Don’t leave us out!” With that statement, Kai knew… it was gonna be bad. F-ck.

One by one (except for Jane and Nayun) they all jumped and climbed on Kai’s back, making her fall to the ground with all the hugging girls on her back.

“Ow.” Kai groaned. Jane walked over and gave Kai a head pat and smiled.

“Nayun-unnie! Don’t you wanna join too?” Nancy asked.

“I-I’m good. I’ll be fine from… here.” Nayun said as she kept her distance.

“Alright girls! Get off!” They all obeyed and one by one they all got off of Kai’s back.

Kai got up and glared at the girls. All of them giggling and left the dorms for real this time. Kai grunted, “Beagles I swear…” Kai grabbed her laptop and begin to work again.


 

The time is here! The day Momoland will make their comeback. The day Momoland will perform again as well as release their new music video. Excitement is definitely in the air.

Daisy and Taeha stayed at home, sitting on the couch together watching and waiting for the live performance. While waiting Daisy asked a question, “Hey Taeha-unnie?”

“Hmm.” Taeha turned to look at Daisy, “What’s up Daisy?”

“I was wondering… what are your thoughts on Kai?”

“Oh uh…” Taeha thought for a moment, “She’s a good person. Although she is still a bit distant and takes her internship a bit too serious, she still has a warmness to her. Like how she stays behind to take care of us. Or how sometimes she’ll pats my head whenever I sleep.” Taeha smiles.

“Are you sure that’s a head pat and not checking you temperature?” Daisy giggled.

“Actually I’m not sure. Maybe it’s both? But anyways she’s a caring person. I just wish she’s more honest with her feelings. I could tell she wants to bond with us and know us better but she’s just stubborn about. Still she’s a great big sister figure to me.”

“Unnie we’re both older than her.” Daisy pointed out to her.

“Oh yeah. But still! She’s mature for her age and she’s doing a lot of work for us. And above all, she’s always looking out for us. Yes she’s still strict but she’s doing what’s best in her own unusual way.”

“Yeah.” Daisy blushed as she smiled, “I’m grateful for her be here with us. I’m glad she’s here being our ‘manager’.”

“Me too. But… why did you ask about how I feel? What about you Daisy?”

Daisy blushed real hard and burrowed we face into the pillow. Then she spoke, “I uh… I think I may have a crush on Kai.”

There was a moment of silence. Then Taeha laughed, “Not surprised. And you’re not the only one.”

“YOU KNEW?!” Daisy widen her eyes, “And what do you mean I’m not the only one?! Don’t tell me you have a crush on her too?!” Taeha pinches Daisy’s nose, “Ow! Unnie…”

“Calm down Daisy. I don’t have a crush on Kai.” Taeha explained, “Like I said, I see Kai as an older sister. I wish I would act older but she’s so much mature than me.” Taeha pouted, “I’ve been outrank as an Unnie.”

“Taeha-unnie you’re going off topic…”

“Oops my bad.” Taeha clears , “but as I said I don’t have a crush on her. Yeonwoo does tho.”

“Eh?! YEONWOO-UNNIE?!” Daisy’s eyes widen.

“Yep, I don’t think she’s knows herself. But she’s getting there in realizing it.” Taeha giggles, “Plus it’s fun seeing her being all happy and lovey when she hangs around Kai. And she doesn’t really stop talking making pancakes for Kai. There’s also her hugging Kai a lot- wow she is not transparent with her feelings. How does she not realize she likes her?”

“I don’t know unnie but I do know that I have competition.” Daisy pouted, “Why? Why must we fight for Kai’s love?”

“And that’s if and that’s a big IF Kai is interested in being a relationship with one of you girls. Doesn’t seem like she’s the romantic type. Then again we’ve only seen her business side which seems like only side we will ever see.” Taeha sighed. “But there there Daisy. Just do your best to bond with Kai more. I know she’ll constantly push you away but eventually she’ll give in.”

“Okay unnie. I will try! I should have Kai open up to us more at least. Then I’ll make my move.” Daisy eyes lit up with motivation.

The front door open and coming in was Kai, holding her laptop per usual. “Hi unnies. I’m back.”

“Kai! Welcome back!!” Taeha said happily, “how’s the others?”

“They’re doing well. All of them are slightly nervous but mainly excited to perform their comeback. Now let’s prepare the TV and wait for their live show in 30 minutes.” Kai walked over and sat on the couch in between Daisy and Taeha, “I also need to get the video ready at the same time.”

As Kai was doing her work on her laptop, Daisy noticed a faint red smear on Kai’s cheek. “Hey Kai, what happen to your cheek? You got a red mark there.”

“O-Oh that’s from uhhhh bumping into a pole. Yeah, they repainted the poles and it was still drying; I bumped into it. I thought I got all the paint off but I guess not.” Kai frantically clean her cheek and went back to her screen.

 

Daisy grew concerned. Weird. I never seen Kai that nervous. What really happen. Daisy started to feel a little upset so she pouted and clinged onto Kai. Even if Kai got upset by the cling, Daisy refused to left go until Kai gave in and let her do what she wants to do. Daisy smiled and giggled in victory.

 

 

[several minutes ago]

The others were getting ready to perform. All of them were getting their costumes on, their makeup and their hair done. Afterwards they did some last minute practice in. Kai walked in on them, “Alright girls! This is your moment! You’re comeback is here. I know it’s not the full nine but still you girls are still Momoland. So do your best in this performance!”

“Yes Kai! We will! For Daisy and Taeha!” They all shouted and cheered.

“Good, now take a break for bit and go back to the dressers to make sure you all look perfect for you performance. I’m gonna go back and watch the live with Taeha and Daisy unnie while trying to upload the music video.”

“Okay Kai!” The girls went to get a drink of water.

As Kai was about to leave, Yeonwoo stopped her as she grabbed her sleeve. “What is it Yeonwoo unnie?” As Kai turned around, Yeonwoo suddenly embraces her tightly, her faces buried into Kai’s chest. “Unnie please I need to go now.”

“I know but… just let me hug you for good luck.” Kai sighed and just let Yeonwoo hug her.

A good minute passed by, “Yeonwoo, really. I need to go- ” Suddenly Yeonwoo cupped Kai’s face and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. Kai quickly stepped back and her eyes widen at the sudden kiss. Yeonwoo also was taken by surprise by her own action. “I… I got to go now! Bye!” With that, Kai disappears.

Yeonwoo covered . OMG I KISSED KAI! She was screaming internally. I DID IT! I CANT BELIEVE I DID IT!! She let go of and place her hand on her chest. She can feel her own heartbeat going fast. At that moment she realized, I… I have feelings for Kai.


 

 

They did it! Momoland did it! They performed their comeback song and their music video is trending. Kai was proud of the girls. Of course Kai isn’t that expressive but the girls know that Kai is happy that their comeback was a success. After their show, Momoland got really busy.

From live shows, live streams, and more performances, Momoland and Kai were overwhelm. But that doesn’t mean they weren’t having fun (at least for the girls. Kai is being Kai). After their last performance, the girls went out for a celebration, but for Kai, she just went back to the dorm. She told the girls that she wanted to sleep early but they should go out and relax since they deserve it.

Sad that Kai isn’t with them, the girls still went out. They went to a nice restaurant filled with good food and good drinks. As the night went on, Ahin was starting to feel tired. “Hey guys I’m gonna go back to their dorms early.”

“Awwww but the night is still young Ahin!” JooE said.

“I know but my batteries are totally drain. I’ll just call it for the night.” The others understand and they said their goodbyes.

As Ahin arrived at the dorms, she suddenly wants a small tangerine snack. So she tries to make her way to the kitchen until she was stopped as she heard something echoing in the hallways. “Huh?”

As she listens, she notice something about the noise. It’s… singing? Who could be singing at this hour? Ahin slowly walked down the hall trying not to make noise. Daisy shouldn’t be singing. And her and Taeha should be sleeping by now. So who could that be?

Suddenly the singing got louder and louder, Ahin finds herself by Yeonwoo and Kai’s room. Here? Is Kai still awake? The door was slightly open. So Ahin crouched down and peeked into the room. Her eyes widen as she saw Kai and a slice of cake with a piece of candle ontop of it. It was Kai?? But why?

Ahin listen closely and realized what Kai was singing about. “Happy Birthday to me… Happy birthday to me…. Happy Birthday dear Kaiiiii… Happy Birthday to… me.” Kai sighed and blew out her candle. “19… another year has gone by.” Kai put her head down and she started to softly cry into her arms.

Ahin looked away. She was shocked. Omg it’s her birthday today! And she’s… crying! Ahin took a moment as she takes in the surprising scene. Poor Kai, why didn’t you say something?