Chapter 6(3)

The Dragon and The Enchantress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jiyong's Pov:

 

“Hey oppa, do you know that we are celebrating Shigmo Festival tomorrow?”

 

“Hmm..shi-what? Come again??”

 

“Haha, Shigmo festival. it's my favorite”, she said and dragged me out of the library. We exited through the double doors, Oh! then, the door through which I entered the library must be the back door.

 

“It's festival of colors, celebrated every year around this time in Gathik. Here people play with colored water in the morning and in the evening festive food and carts are arranged outside the palace.. They dance and sing too, in short it's like a carnival. Shigmo is celebrated with such vivacity that even commoners can throw colors at the King. It is one of the best festivals in Gathik and also in Zoudea”, said my sister excitedly.

 

“Wow..that sounds fun…”

 

“Yeah..you know Tae, Dae and Ri oppas are helping with the arrangements for the festival. I’m going there too. And you must come”

 

“Of course, come on let's go”, I said with a smile.

 

And I was again dragged by her. Do you remember when I said children have more strength than me in Zoudea. This child is a mere example. I was once dragged by a small boy who was asked to bring me to the dining hall for breakfast because I refused to eat. What's the use of breakfast? It's going to get digested by the time I reach my room from the dining area.

 

Anyways, after what felt like eternity, we finally reached the festive place. Seriously these walks are going to be my death one day. Everyone was busy with the arrangements. Workers were carrying heaps of various hues of colored powder. There's a huge water tub and beside it were small tubes. Looks like everyone's going to get drenched tomorrow. There were toy guns too in innovative and modern designs. Oh man!! This is gonna be so much fun *smile*

 

“Hyungggggg...Hyungg..” Guess who?

 

Correct..It's Ri..and why the hell do I sound like Dora the explorer. Anyway, he came running and stopped in front of me and threw some party poppers on my face.

 

“Hyung go and fix the decoration in the hall. We are all short of staff.”

 

He then turned to my sister and said, “Hey shorty ...go and take a look at the colors and check if every color has arrived or not”

 

“Okay..booger face…” Lee Hi replied sticking out her tongue and went to check the colors with Minzy.

 

“Haha booger face??”, I asked the maknae.

 

“Oh that...One time I was picking my nose in peace and Lee hi saw it, from that day she calls me with that stupid name...But I also took my revenge. I once saw her trying to reach the highest shelf. She was jumping and was trying hard to reach it. So from the day I started calling her shorty”

 

“Now shoo, go away and work”, said the maknae waving his hand away.

 

“Yah.. I'm your hyung, be respectful you brat”

 

He made a heart sign with his fingers smiling at me and went away. This kid! I shook my head while smiling and proceeded towards my assigned task.

 

I was placing the decorations when Daesung came to me with some paints in his hand.

 

“Hyung you are an artist right? Why don't you draw some doodles on the wall to make it more decorative”

 

I agreed. Why not? It's my thing!

 

I thought I had to paint a wall or two not freaking 26 walls!! I really don't have a choice, do I? So I started doodling/painting the walls.

 

Somewhere in the middle of my painting I noticed someone sitting beside me. The person whom I should avoid at any cost. I’m so gonna throw myself into hell later.

 

“Hey!! Should I help you...I just finished my shift and came here” Dara said

 

“Hmm...n-no it's okk..I can finish it..”, I stuttered.

 

“Hey..come on…you clearly need an extra hand here...let me help you. That way we can finish it together a bit early”, she suggested

 

What?? No, no you shouldn't be with me. My heartbeat raised and I'm sure it will explode anytime just by her presence near me. Giving me more of a reason why I shouldn't be near her. But knowing her personality, she wasn't going to leave anytime soon. Not without helping. So I reluctantly agreed with her. ”O-okay”

 

I gave her a black brush and asked her to draw the outlines of the paintings. She was doing the outlines with so much concentration that her forehead creased and sticking out her tongue a bit near the corner of ...So cute….Okay Ji...concentrate.. *mentally slapped*

 

“What's your favorite color?” I asked her suddenly

 

“Hmm..nothing in particular..may be red..”, she answered while painting.

 

“You?”, she asked without looking at me.

 

“Black”

 

“Hmmm…”, she replied, still not looking at me and simply continued with her work while sitting down comfortably. I stood up and resumed my work in silence.

 

Can this be anymore awkward?? I can sense the awkwardness lingering in the air around us…I'd love to talk to her but what was I supposed to talk about?. It is even more awkward now because I find her extremely attractive today. I was thinking of a way to start a conversation with her when she suddenly spoke to me and told me about the festival. She said that ‘Gathik started celebrating this festival after they won their first battle commemorating the victory of good over evil. People spend the day smearing colored powder all over each other's faces, throwing colored water at each other among other crazy activities followed by

carnival in the evening. It's believed that the vibrancy of colors is something that would bring in a lot of positivity in one's lives. It is the festival of colours.’ So, it's basically a very carefree festival that’s great fun to participate in if you don’t mind getting wet and look like a crazy painting with unimaginable colors. It actually sounds like a day worth rejoicing. Can’t wait till tomorrow!!

 

“Jiyong, I can tell you're very happy today!!”

 

“Yeah !! I am really happy..I mean I found my family here. My family might not be a perfect one. But I can truly say that it's a great one. I found my happiness again. All the smiles I missed. I am glad to find them, I no longer feel like I missed everything in my life. I no longer feel empty. ” I said while giving her a happy smile.

 

“And my dad...you know what..everyone makes mistakes in life..but life doesn't come with manual or instructions. I don’t think I'll be weak if I forgive him. I think I am strong enough to forget everything and move on. Right?”

 

I looked down to see her expression. She was smiling at me and her eyes looked proud. Very proud. Like she was telling me, ‘I'm real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter