Maybe

4 Princes

“WHERE IS HE??” a loud voice heard from a place like a cabinet the people around that little cabinet stop for a moment to look at the source of the voice but seeing a boy in his 20 with black and styled hair open the door from the inside with a grown they continued their work or whatever they do

 

The black styled hair boy screams again “WHERE THE HELL IS HE??”

 

An old man come near the boy and asked “lay? Are you looking for your patient again?”

 

“Did you see him grand-father?”

 

The old man nodded “yes I did I saw him entering the library an hour ago he could be there?”

 

“Thanks grand-father” Lay said then he headed straight to the library

 

 

 

>>><<<

 

 

 

“YOU LITTLE RAT WHAT I SAID TO YOU!!!” Lay entering screaming his length out, but looking at his left and right he didn’t find anyone

 

“WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU BYUN BAEKHYUN!!!!!!” he screamed again

 

“You shouldn’t call my full name easily like that…besides I heard you from your cabinet Yixing!”

 

Lay look up to see Baekhyun sitting on a shelf and reading a book wearing some random cloths probably it lay clothes

 

“What if someone was here?”

 

Lay moves to where the other “I know that no one is coming to this library and by no one I mean NO ONE and what the hell are you doing there?? Get down NOW!”

 

Baekhyun look down at him with a smile “I found an interesting section up hear but I couldn’t reach it so I decide to climb”

 

Lay huffs “are you trying to get me killed or yourself?? Get down here NOW!”

 

Baekhyun nodded “okay…okay…but can you take those books first I will need them”

 

Lay who was now catching the books “need them for what? Exactly?” Then he look at the titles and read plants – healing – spells “Ooh!! Are you…!!!” he said in surprise

 

Baekhyun climb down the bookshelf “yes” then he take the books from lay

 

“you should be resting!!”

 

Baekhyun smiled gong to a table “am feeling good!”

 

Lay roll his eyes “Baekhyun you know that your power is the one that makes you standing in front of me right now right?!”

 

“So?”

 

Lay goes and stand next to him hitting on the table with his both hands “it’s a power god damn it! You can’t use it all the day?

 

“am already using it in that barrier no difference” Baekhyun shrugs

 

“No…that is a different story…the spell that your grand grand grand fathers created is connected to your power you’re not using it…the spell is active because your power exited when you use your power it will get consumed and I imagine how much you are using against this freaking weird illness”

 

Baekhyun look at lay with wide eyes he said in sarcasm “you know too much?! I should kill you”

 

Lay huffs “are you serious right now? Am your friend and doctor and you should have a rest the people will start wondering if that barrier start to disappear little by little”

 

Baekhyun in a serious tone now “that’s why I need to find a solution! Even your power didn’t work!”

 

Lay roll his eyes “I heal real wounds not some kind of power injuries Baekhyun!”

 

Baekhyun nodded “then give me one hour to look at these books and then I’ll go back to bed okay?”

Lay closed the book “Baekhyun come on! I don’t know when this injury of yours could be activated again! When Kris brings you I was about to get a heart attack”

Baekhyun think about it “did Kris know who I am?”

 

Lay nodded “he said when you react to the fire powers he immediately knows then he keep an eye on you because he know if something happened to you the barrier will broke and that would be a problem”

 

Baekhyun huffs “I owe him one to be honest! But why he is scared if he was the one who want to kill the fire prince and bring war?”

 

Lay look at him “Baekhyun if your people wants war that because they still have you in their back if you gone they will fight for what?”

 

Baekhyun nodded in understanding “that gangster is good at thinking after all”

 

Lay just give up “I guess it’s no use to talk to you…your royal head is like a rock…one hour no more or I will go back here myself and drag you to your bad from you blond dirty hair”

 

Baekhyun smiling happily to his doctor “okay!” he pointed an okay with his fingers

 

Lay smiling back “don’t be late I will wait for you for a check-up”

 

 

 

>>> after a couple of hours <<<

 

 

 

Lay setting and reading some books and looking at some plants here and there in a room

 

Knock…knock…

 

“come in”

 

His grand-father comes to the view “lay you missed the lunch time!”

 

“Ooh really?” Lay said in surprise not feeling the time “I didn’t…ooh sorry! Did you eat alone?”

 

“no I get back home to eat with your mother” the old man replied

 

“that’s good” he said then get back to what he was doing

 

The Oldman look at how Lay is so silent today “what makes you so serious son?”

 

Lay stopped what he was doing “you know!”

 

“is it your VIP patient?” the old man sits in front of his desk

 

Lay smiled “that what you’re calling him now?”

 

“I can’t call him with his name without formalities not like you! You know we should keep his secret”

 

Lay nodded “yes I know…but grand-father what if…if ….we didn’t find a cure? It will be my fault because I didn’t find it?...it will probably bring war on thousands of innocent people because I couldn’t find it”

 

The old man shake his head a no “no son you’re doing your best...am doing it too…I even asked some people to help…but they never encountered a power injury like this and from the fire king himself it’s a rare thing”

 

“That king fire wants to bring war and…ooh what time is it?

 

“Its 15:25”

 

“AND THAT LIGHT PRINCE WANT TO GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK” he stands and go out

 

 

>>> the library <<<

 

 

 

Baekhyun still setting there at the library he heard the door gets opened and a footsteps coming near him knowing that NO ONE coming into the library as Lay said he start to speak because he knew that was Lay

 

 

“Lay! What if we didn’t find the cure to that snake and we find another cure to all kind of powers injuries....in this book here I found that some plants are made to heal but in the other hand there is these rare things who could heal any kind of power injuries! so I did a research in your forbidden section there and actually find out that there is a one can probably work”

he then stand up with the book looking at the pictures in it “I just need to find these…”

 

“Excuse me!!!!”

 

Baekhyun look up to see the face of Lay…but…he drops the book and stay at his position frozen for seconds

 

“Am looking for Lay!!”

 

Still in his position with wide eyes looking straight to the person in front of him who kneeled down to grab the book from the floor

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Baekhyun didn’t even could answer

 

“Is there something wrong??”

 

 

Stopping their one sided conversation lay comes in with a loud screaming voice again “YAAA…BAEKHYUN..I ALREADY TOLD YOU ITS O….ooh” he was surprised too “Chanyeol??”

 

Chanyeol who was holding the book turn to see Lay “ooh Lay there you are!”

 

Lay look at the frozen Baekhyun “hey...Chanyeol! What are you doing at the library?”

 

Chanyeol smiled to him “a girl told me that she saw you entering the library so I come to check if you still here”

 

Lay nodded “ooh no I didn’t I was in my cabinet! Are you feeling okay!” he asked and Chanyeol replied “yeah yeah” feeling the book being taken from his hand he turned around to see that the 3rd person in the room take it and pass him to go beside Lay

 

Baekhyun now was whispering “Lay I need to go now I guess I will be back in 4 or 5 days”

 

“ARE YOU CRAZY???” Lay screamed

 

“Yes I am!” he still whisper then he get out from the room but lay followed him

 

“hun!!! Lay!!” Chanyeol called but the other didn’t turn so he followed them too

 

“BAEKHYUN STOP” Lay screamed going after the other who was moving with fast steps

 

Chanyeol open hearing the name he thinks – Baekhyun!!...his not…?!! Naah…no he can’t be!!... –

 

Baekhyun stops and get near to lay gritting his teeth “stop calling my name he knew it!”

 

Lay roll his eyes “there isn’t just you who called by that name”

 

“Okay so?! can you please not follow ME because his doing the same…and I need my horse and am sure he can recognized that” then he start walking away again

 

“NO I won’t let you go” Lay shouted following him again “I don’t know if you could handle it more than one hour so how about days! You barely stand on your feet and you know that?”

 

Baekhyun didn’t turn around he just screamed the word that make Lay heart hurt “IF I WILL DIE…I WILL DIE TRYING”

 

Lay stopped from following him looking at the light prince with a sad look

 

Chanyeol stopped besides lay “what going on with him?”

 

Lay who was just standing there till the other couldn’t be at the vision “his dying and I don’t know how to heal him!”

 

Chanyeol hearing that he also felt sad “Ooh…am sorry…”

 

Lay look at Chanyeol “no he have a point…if he died he will die trying”

 

Chanyeol who couldn’t find the right word to say in situation like this he tried “I will be glad if I could help you in that case, if you need anything any plant I will help”

 

Lay stayed silent looking at where Baekhyun goes then at Chanyeol

 

Thinking that his comfort words work he start another subject “I need some healing if you don’t mind an arrow hit…” Chanyeol couldn’t finish his sentence he saw Lay taking his injured hand and put his own on it fast healing the wound he have then he said to him “GO!”

 

Chanyeol was surprised is he telling him to leave “excuse me?”

 

Lay explain “you want to help?! Follow him! Am sure you will help him if you follow him?”

 

“What?” Chanyeol now was confused he didn’t mean it like that

 

Lay pushed him “go!! Fast before he leave”

 

Chanyeol didn’t know what to do! The other eyes were begging him to go? Maybe this guy who’s sick is someone imported to Lay

 

“Okay…? Am going!!” he hurried his steps to reach the other friend of Lay

 

And indeed what Chanyeol saw was a shock! He saw the sick guy whose name is “Baekhyun” get near a black hors that maybe the one Chanyeol combine his powers with…maybe…just MAYBE…it’s another rare horse?...but hearing the boy called him was another shock for him

 

“Dust…we should go!”

 

 

 

NO it’s…not a maybe…he is definitely the same horse….and he is definitely…the same Baekhyun

 

Chanyeol was looking straight to the boy who's preparing his horse for the travel not knowing what he should do...he was going to meet Kai...but now he doesn't know what he should do? Maybe going back to the castle and back to his bed! Crumbling under his sheet and hiding from his word forever? But why? Why he is so disturbed by the subject? Isn't it that guy the one who just met him yesterday...yes he helped him twice and he like being around that mysterious guy but that's it right?

 

Swimming deep in his thought Chanyeol didn’t notice the other look when he turned around his eyes was wide opened...but then turned around fast and get on his horse to literally run away from the fire prince

 

Hearing the horse neigh he get back to the real world seeing the other start to leave he screamed his name without thinking what to say

 

“Baekhyun!!”

 

Baekhyun shiver hearing that deep voice calling his name...but that didn't stop him from moving forward and ignoring that voice...he continue without turning around like no one has called him

 

“BAEKHYUN!!!!”

 

Now the scream was loud even the horse stopped like he knew his master has been called and had to turn around

 

Baekhyun leaning down to his horse he said “what wrong dust? We should go!” In a moment Baekhyun hand pulled harshly till he lost his balance from the horse he close his eyes to welcome the hard landing on the floor but...unlike what he expected he felt something soft and warm...opening his eyes he look directly to the fire prince eyes who was looking back to him...he was now on top of him his eyes got wide opened

 

Silence...

 

Too close...

 

Too Hot...

 

Realizing the awkward position Baekhyun stand up fast whispering a little “sorry" and asking the fire prince “are you okay?”

Chanyeol standing up from the ground he asked back “are you?”

“Yeah! Am fine!” he replied

Chanyeol interfere in a serious tone “am not asking about that am asking about what you and lay talked about”

Baekhyun turned around to get on dust but Chanyeol hold his wrist again stopping him from leaving

“Take your hand off” he said in anger

“You’re the one who should stop running when am asking or calling you” Chanyeol was now serious

“Am not running!” Baekhyun think about it for a moment “Am just…busy!”

“Are you kidding me?” Chanyeol was frustrated now

“I should go”

“Baekhyun!” Chanyeol called with his deep voice

“What!” the other replied

“Am going with you!” Chanyeol said the words not thinking with his brain he know he supposed to go to the water kingdom but going with him is the oly thing his heart was screaming! Die trying...no he couldn’t accept the idea…

 

Baekhyun in the other hand was surprise “what! Now you’re the one who kidding!” he laughed a sarcasm laugh

“No am not!” the other was still giving a serious aura

Baekhyun shake his head “then no!”

Huffing to the reply Baekhyun gives “am not asking for permission here!”

 

Baekhyun tried to calm down a little “just go back to your castle prince” but what he heard is that he keep insisting to go with him

“Am going with you”

“Are you crazy? Last time you came to the light kingdom your father was going to kill everyone in that portal and you telling me that you will go with me? Just…just leave please”

 

Chanyeol now had a little smile on his face “so you’re not denying that you’re him?”

“w…what!! Why even that question?”

“So you’re him? You’re Zeus?” Chanyeol asked just to confirm

Baekhyun tried to take his hand from Chanyeol grip “can't you be a little quit for something like that!! and yes am not denying it because I know you already knew that! You’re not that stupid Chanyeol!”

 

Chanyeol smiled “what? Say it again!”

“What? Stupid?” Baekhyun asked

“No!”

Baekhyun raise an eyebrow “then what?”

 

Chanyeol smiled “my name!”

 

Rolling his eyes Baekhyun frown and take Chanyeol hands off from his arm finally “prince am very very sorry to tell you that my humble boring journey won't need you in it so if you may can you step aside?”

 

Chanyeol pouted “what with the formalities? Aren’t we friends?”

 

Baekhyun mumbling with himself “you are such pain in the aren't you!”

 

Chanyeol laugh a little “I heard that! But you will need someone help! Lay said that you barely walking in your own feet how you did think that I will leave my new friend have his own adventure without a help from someone who could count on him!”

 

 

Baekhyun couldn’t think even more of anything “but!...” he said then stopped

 

 

“Sir!! I finally find you”

 

 

The both princes turned around to see the one who's calling

 

Baekhyun eyes got wider “Xiumin!! What are you doing here???”

 

“Sir the king is looking for you everywhere! What..! Hun..! What is he doing here with you?” he look at Chanyeol

Chanyeol say a “hi” with a smiling and awkward look

 

“Hello sir my name is Xiumin am the personal servant of the light prince but!!... You shouldn't be with him!!”

 

Baekhyun afraid that the other could say anything he answered quickly “Xiumin hyung! Is the prince okay!”

Xiumin who look blankly in a moment “what??? Euh!! Yes???” he said not knowing exactly what he should answer

 

Baekhyun smiled to his servant “if it yes why the king is looking for me??”

 

Xuimin stayed silence for a moment then he open his eyes in realization

 

“Xiumin hyung!”

 

Xiumin smiled to Baekhyun “aah!! His looking for you because of the masquerade!”

 

“Masquerade?” Chanyeol replied

 

“OMG” Baekhyun screamed “THE MASQURADE I forget about that!!!”

 

“Emm!!!” Xuimin was looking at Chanyeol then back to Baekhyun “the king said that you should replace the prince in the masquerade because he couldn't be there tonight”

 

Baekhyun smiled because after all he knew that Xiumin wasn't that stupid servant who couldn't pick up the right cloths and mask for the party YES HE WILL NEVER FORGET THAT

 

Chanyeol smiled looking at Xuimin “that's sounds interesting!”

“What?” Baekhyun said

“And who said that our journy will be boring!” he smirks

 

Baekhyun screamed "NO! YOUR NOT GOING!"

Chanyeol getting closer to baekhyun until there is just one inch between them "listen you little stone head accepting me or not it's your business! But when am determinate in doing something you will see me sticking in it like a glue so accept it or not am going with you and help you so shut your little mouth and get on that horse"