One

Beauty

If there is one thing Jungkook knew about Jimin it was that the older male was beautiful. Jimin was the epitome of perfection. He was kind, funny, cute, clumsy, soft spoken, generous, loving, willing, beautiful, and so much more. Jungkook could go on and on about all things good about Jimin. And he had never ceased to remind Jimin of these facts, even if the older denied it passionately.

"But I'm not beautiful Jungkook, not even close." Jimin would tell him and he'd smile before pulling Jimin into a hug.

"You're beautiful hyung. And I love you." He would mumble into Jimin's hair, even though he would never hear those three words back. Jungkook would do this until the older would give up and just allow Jungkook to hold and cuddle him.

Jungkook remembers one evening sitting with Jimin at a deserted park talking about anything and everything. Jungkook had watched Jimin’s as his face lit up when they talked about things he loved, scrunched up when he was confused, or fell when they talked about things that were sad or upsetting. He doesn't remember how but the topic ended up being about movies, childhood and growing up.

"I think I know why Peter Pan never wanted to grow up." Jimin stated quietly as he lazily pushed himself back and forth on the swing.

"And why's that hyung?" Jungkook asked as his eyes followed Jimin’s every move.

"Because growing up is hard. Things don't get easier, people don't really get stronger. We just learn to deal with everything better. Fun isn't something that comes often anymore and true joy is rare. Love doesn't last and beauty is a thing controlled by society. All this didn't matter when we were kids because everything made us happy, and fun was the only thing on our minds. Love was simple and beauty didn't matter. It was just so much easier." Jimin said as he stared up at the darkening sky.

"Peter Pan had it right when he escaped to Neverland." Jimin breathed and Jungkook frowned.

"Hyung where is this all coming from?" Jungkook asked as he listened to Jimin talk.

"It's coming from growing up Jungkook. I… I leave soon. I'm going overseas and leaving you here in Korea. And that scares me because that means I'm growing up, that means I have to leave you. Who else is going to love me Jungkook? Who else is going to think I'm beautiful in a world where I'm truly not? Who else am I going to have as my best friend and boyfriend? Why can't I be like Wendy and have Peter Pan come get me so I don't have to leave?" Jimin stared at Jungkook with sadness and fear in his eyes, he was scared and Jungkook could see it. Could see how the unknown of growing up, of the future was terrifying his boyfriend.  Standing up Jungkook walked to Jimin’s swing and pulled him up and into his arms.

"Don't talk like that Jimin. Please don't talk like that. We'll still be able to talk. It'll be a long distance relationship but we can make it work. I'll always love you no matter where you are. You’ll always be the most beautiful person in my life. You're beautiful Jimin, so so so beautiful. I wish you could see yourself the way I do. So please Jimin, please don't think like this. Don’t talk like the future is the end, your leaving will be the end." Jungkook pleaded as he held Jimin tightly. The smaller male began crying in Jungkook's arms, his hands in Jungkooks shirt.

"It's hard not to Jungkook. The reality is coming and I don't want to lose you." Jimin had cried, his tiny body shaking with sobs. Jungkook had stood and held Jimin as he cried, trying to keep his own tears back.

When Jimin had finally calmed down Jungkook chose to speak.

"In this world I'll be your Peter Pan. You're more beautiful than Wendy to me. No matter where you go I'll be there, my love for you will not change no matter what. You're the first person I've ever loved and I will do anything for you. You're more beautiful than anything in this world. You're perfect the way you are. I love you." Jungkook spoke, his voice sincere and his words true. Jimin’s hold on Jungkook's shirt grew tighter before he looked up at Jungkook with a tear stained face, but he was smiling. Jungkook felt his breath catch at Jimin’s smile because it was honestly the most beautiful thing in the world.

 "I-I love you too Jungkook." Jimin confessed, voice quiet, and Jungkook felt as if he could burst into bubbles of happiness because this was the first time Jimin had ever said that.

"You always go on about how beautiful I am, but Jungkook I think you need to know that you are beautiful too. And I'm going to miss having your beauty with me. Your kind soul and sweet words. The most caring personality, even if you can be annoying..” Jimin laughed lightly to himself.

“I love you Jeon Jungkook." Jimin confessed once more before pulling the younger down and kissing him.

Jungkook smiled at the memory, it was one of the worst but best memories he had. Best because Jimin had finally spoke the words Jungkook yearned to hear, but would never push for. Worst because after that Jimin had gone overseas and after a year of trying to keep their relationship, it had come to an end. It hurt Jungkook but he knew it was best for the elder and he didn't want to stand in the way of his happiness, because he loved him. And now two years after they had spilt apart Jungkook stood with a letter to Jimin he had written. He wasn’t sure if he had written if for himself or for the older, all Jungkook knew was that it was closure that he needed. He didn't know if the Jimin would get it, but he figured it was worth a shot. Because even though they weren't together and even though Jimin wasn't Jungkook's anymore, he still loved the elder deeply. And he knew he always would. After all, he figured you never forgot your first love.

 

 

To Jimin,

I know this letter is out of the blue, but I wanted to write to you. I know it has been years since we last spoke, and I know I’m probably no longer on your mind but I just wanted you to know you’re beautiful. You have and always will be one of the most beautiful souls I have ever met. With your smile that could outshine the sun, your love and kindness for everyone it was a beauty to be seen. Everyone who met you was and is touched by your presence. You have a beauty that surrounds and makes others beautiful too. I fell in love with you all those years ago because of the light you were. I think I fell in love with you the moment I met you. You touched my life and brought beauty back into it, when I thought that all I ever could be was ugly. But then you came. Thank you for coming into my life. Thank you for being an important part of it, and for allowing me to love you. I love you Jimin, I may not be in love with you anymore but I know I will always love you. You once told me that Peter Pan had it right to not want to grow up, because growing up is hard. And it is, but if we don’t grow up then we don’t learn to love, to move on, to live. Because of you I learned to love, I learned about heartbreak too, but I learned what true love is and how it changes everything for the better. It’s a magic that Peter Pan could never have. This letter is me just rambling now eh? But what else is new, I did have a tendency to do so. I hope you’re happy where you are now Jimin, I hope you are following your dreams and fulfilling your goals. I love you and love everything you have done for me. Thank you Jimin.

Love,

Jeon Jungkook

 

With a sigh Jungkook stared at the bright white envelope in his had with Jimin’s name and the only address he remembered of the man written on the front.

“I hope you get this, and if not I’m glad I was at least able to finally write it.” Jungkook spoke as he put the letter into the mailbox and finally walking away.

A few years later Jungkook stood in his newly furnished apartment, a smile settled on his lips as he took in his new home, decorated with pictures of family and friends. The doorbell rang drawing him from the moment. Loud yelping could be heard near the door and Jungkook laughed as he leaned down to scoop up his little puppy that was making all the noise.

"Hush Luna, it's okay." He laughed as his puppy his face and barked when the doorbell rang again. Pulling open the door Jungkook smiled at the mailman who waved back.

"Good morning sir, I have a package here for you. If you could just sign here that would be great." The mailman said as he presented a form to Jungkook. Jungkook nodded and signed the form, while struggling to hold his squirming puppy still.

"Thank you, and here it is." The mailman said, handing Jungkook an envelope and small box. Jungkook thanked the mailman as he took the envelope and box before shutting the door and placing his puppy on the ground.

"What could it be?" Jongin wondered aloud as he opened the box. He gasped when the box opened to reveal a small picture frame, an old picture of him and Jimin together sat within the frame. Puzzled, Jungkook lifted the frame from the box and looked over the picture. It was from the summer before Jimin left, a picture of the two holding each other close and smiling as they looked at one another. Jimin’s mom had taken it, and Jimin had immediately become so fond of the picture.

“What in the… who is this from?” Jungkook asked aloud, looking at Luna.

“Could it be?” he wondered as he opened the envelope and took out a small card. A Peter Pan keychain fell out of the envelope and Jungkook picked it up, a smile gracing his lips, before pulling out the small letter and reading it.

 

 

Jeon Jungkook,

I know this is weird and random, your mom gave me the address to your new place. I see you’re making it in this world. Just as I knew you would. I just wanted to say thank you for your letter all those years ago. It came at a time when I needed it the most. That’s something you’ve always been good at, knowing just when I need something. Even when we weren’t together anymore you still knew. You’ve always been the most beautiful of the both of us. Thank you for always believing in me and for being the one to make my life beautiful when it wasn’t. I hope you’re following your dreams as well. And I hope you know that I do love you. I always have and I think I always will. I hope that maybe one day we can pass each other on the street, and that we can meet again. But I don’t know you anymore, or if you have someone you love now or not. And it’s selfish of me but I’d really like to meet again. Take care Jungkook. I hope that the future brings you happiness and fortune. And maybe we will meet again.

Love,

Jimin

Jungkook smiled as he read the letter, but folded it up once he had finished. A stirring noise caught Jungkook’s attention and he looked up to see a figure standing in the doorway to the kitchen.

“What’s that?” the person asked and Jungkook smiled, reaching a hand out towards the other male.

“It’s nothing important Tae.” Jungkook said as he took Taehyung’s hand and pulled the male into him to press a kiss to his lips, using his other hand to place the picture frame with the photo facing down on the table.