haechan’s ouija session

Lockscreen | Yuwin NCT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Recap:

The next day, Winwin was leaving early when he tip-toed to where Yuta’s phone was charging. It was just a harmless habit of his. To check his lockscreen now and then.

He frowned.

The lockscreen had changed. It was Winwin still but post-show, Limitless-era Winwin looking petulantly at the camera. Winwin remembered when Yuta had clicked this picture. He was looking ghastly. It had been after a show when Winwin had smudged his make-up angrily, irritated by his outfit and the monstrous belt and the botched up dance move.

He shoved the phone back, looking at Yuta’s sleeping form.

When he returned that evening, he made a point to discreetly show his lockscreen to Yuta. It was a picture of Yuta covered in mud from when the time he had fallen face first into a rainy muddle during a rare walk together.

Yuta laughed when he saw it. “You still have this? Isn’t this pre-debut? Wow, I look ugly. Taeyongie, look at this.”

Winwin huffed.

-

Winwin was glaring at Yuta and Taeyong who were clutching each other, laughing at Taeyong’s Japanese while fixing up some dinner.

“Jaehyun,” he said, “you haven’t taken Taeyong out for a date in quite a while, right?”

They were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching football.

Jaehyun smiled, his dimple deepening. “We went out yesterday. Why?” His tone was shrewd.

Winwin looked at Yuta and Taeyong again and nearly growled. “Your boyfriend has no sense of personal space.”

Jaehyun nudged him. “Quit being jealous. Taeyongie is being smothered by Yuta if I’m seeing clearly. Besides, I remember someone telling me jealousy is a dangerous thing.”

“How do you not get jealous?” Winwin groaned.

Jaehyun looked at Taeyong fondly. “I used to, before, but being in a relationship changes stuff, you know? Things are good.”

Winwin threw him a dirty look. “I have never felt so bad for being single.”

“Oi, Jaehyunnie, can you have a look at this?” Taeyong called him from the kitchen. “Yuta says it’s too spicy but then Yuta finds everything spicy.”

“Later, singleton,” Jaehyun said, laughing, as he strode to the kitchen.

“Okay, you guys, I see you’re leaving me out of your little cooking show. I’m going to call Jun and Hao and go get dinner with them.”

“Bye,” they chorused.

Haechan entered the room, hearing the exchange. “Aww, Winwin hyung, are the hyungs being mean again? Fear not, Haechannie is here. Let me read your future with my new Ouija board.”

Winwin was about to suggest a game instead because he didn’t want to be the first experiment of Haechan’s new Ouija board but suddenly he remembered why Haechan had an Ouija board in the first place. Jaehyun had bought it for him after Haechan had read his future from the Tarot cards. No one knew exactly what Haechan had told Jaehyun but within the span of a few hours, Jaehyun was dating Taeyong.

“Can it answer a question for me?” he whispered.

Haechan’s eyes glinted. “And so much more.” He set up the board on the coffee table and asked Winwin to sit across him. “But first, I need payment.”

Winwin made a move to get up. “Okay, I’m leaving.”

“No, no, sit, sit. Okay, since you’re my first customer, it’s nearly free for you. Just help me prank Mark one of these days.”

Winwin nodded dismissively.

“Alright.” Haechan put on a serene face and fished out a purple robe from somewhere. “Welcome to Oracle Haechan’s Ouija session. I’m calling on spirits—”

was a burst of laughter from the general direction of the kitchen.

“—yes, yes, I hear some witches wailing in the background.”

The laughter died down quickly.

“Okay, it’s quieter now. I feel the presence of a spirit.” The table shook slightly. “Oh it’s a real strong spirit but my presence has calmed it down. Okay, child, ask your question,” Haechan said, eyes still closed.

Winwin began, “What does Y—?” He stopped himself as he realized that the three in the kitchen had stopped cooking and were listening intently. What does Yuta truly think of me? No, he couldn’t ask that. He had a cool image to uphold. So, he covered up quickly. “What does my future look like?”

Haechan opened his eyes but rolled them back so only the whites showed and melodramatically, he shook the table with his foot. “Spirit-nim is saying something. Please spell it out for us.” He leaned over the table and the pointer began to move quickly.

Winwin drew a breath and tried to read the letters that were being highlighted by the pointer. “What the—it’s going too fast. Is it even saying anything? Seems random roaming about to me.”

The pointer stopped moving and the table stopped shaking. Haechan gave him a loathsome look. “You’ve made the spirit upset by your disbelief.”

The audience in the kitchen moved back to their work.

Haechan whispered conspirationally. “But don’t worry, hyung, I got the message. I can read the pointer pretty fast.”

Winwin looked doubtful.

“The spirit talked about…”

Winwin didn’t want to appear interested but his head leaned closer to catch the words.

“The spirit said, ‘Dong Sicheng, your biggest competition is about to come’,” Haechan said in a hoarse voice. He coughed and spoke clearly after delivering this. “So, what did you think of my session?”

“You need to work on the whole table movement,” Winwin said.

Haechan nodded. “I’ll keep that in mind for next time. Who do you think I should call for a session next?” He scratched his non-existent beard thoughtfully.

“Ask Yuta. He seems pretty free these days.”

The younger boy sighed. “He’s my favourite experiment but I’m pretty sure he’s the one who has hidden away my tarot cards.”

“You kept telling him a grimm was going to get him at breakfast every day. I won’t be surprised if he did hide them.”

Haechan laughed. “I was just kidding, practicing my Harry Potter impersonations.” He smiled wistfully before doing a perfect imitation of Professor Trelawney. “Speaking of Yuta hyung, I heard from Renjun who heard from Ten hyung…when are you planning to tell Yuta hyung?”

Winwin spluttered. “Why does everyone keep pressuring me to tell Yuta? First Jaehyun and Ten and now you. How does it even matter? He’ll know when the rest of the bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter