Final

You and I

“Kibum-hyung” Taemin sniffed. “Ok, see you. Hurry” Tears rolling from his eyes.

***
“What happened?” Kibum asked, hands holding the steering wheel and eyes fixed on the road. They are seated on Kibum’s car heading to a private resort, the older said that he needed to check the venue for some special event. Kibum is an event organizer and a close friend of the couple. He suggested for Taemin to come along since the younger is upset. 
“I don’t know to him, h-he already promised me”. Taemin hiccuped “Promised me t-that w-we will spend the night together but t-then he canceled it in l-last minute”. He was crying now as he remembered their small fight/conversation a while ago. 
Jinki and Taemin have been dating for 3 years, this past few days have been difficult for both of them especially for the younger. They barely see each other, Jinki is busy for the project he supervised. He missed Jinki so much, he can’t help to think that Jinki was already losing his interest in him. 
Taemin was the one who suggested to have a dinner date and movie night. At the last minute, Jinki canceled their date night saying that something went wrong on the project he was supervising and they need him on site. They got into a small fight over the phone until Jinki just said that he will make it up to Taemin before he cut the line. He missed his boyfriend so much, he just wants to see his face, his smile, and to have a night of cuddling. He misses his warm embrace, a place where he feels home. 
“Maybe he is really busy, you know he’s eyeing for promotion. And this project will help him to impress his superiors”. Kibum muttered. “Just try to understand, Taeminnie .”
“I know but I just miss him, we hardly see each other”
“Ok, we’re here”. Kibum mentioned. He parked the car. “Come on, Taemin. For now, you will accompany me. Help me to survey this place. One of my clients wanted a beach wedding. This will help you somehow to unwind and reflect and forget what just happened between you and Jinki”. Kibum continued facing Taemin and placing his hand on the left hand of the younger.
They both went inside, while in the reception area. Kibum immediately looked for the manager to ask for some information. They are into their deep conversation which made the younger to be bored. Taemin excused himself saying he will just look around the area. The receptionist mentioned enjoying the place since there still have some decorations left from an event that just ended. 
He went straight to the shore, the water is calm and breeze of the cold air lapped his skin. At this moment it only intensifies his longing. He manages to send Jinki a message 
“Call me if you are already done on the site, I miss you”. 
Walking slowly at the serene place he sighed deeply, ‘If Jinki is only here, it would be perfect’. 
Light bulbs hanging overhead tied on the palm trees to lighten the seashore. Cottages are beautifully decorated by dream catcher, there are only a few people at the resort. Flower aisle path was still there from the previous wedding event. He can’t help to wonder when will be the time that he will also walk on the aisle like this. Last month, they had a very serious discussion about their plans, getting married, and having a family. Ever since their serious talked about life together, he noticed his boyfriend became an extra workaholic and a bit cold, which leads him to think something must be going on, like Jinki is hiding something. He needs to know what’s going on in Jinki’s mind. He doesn’t want to think negatively but he can’t help it. He’s about to return to where Kibum is when something caught his eyes.
A gazebo, at the center top part of the infinity pool, which was facing the sea. Slowly walking towards it, when a big monitor on the right the gazebo playing the video. 
A video of the picture compilation of their 3-year relationship. Pictures of their anniversary celebration, trips, and a lot more which was accompanied by the sweet melody of a song.

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling don’t be afraid I have loved you
For A Thousand Years
I’ll love you for a thousand more

Shocked is an understatement of how surprised he was. Taemin was deeply rooted in where he was standing. Tears began to form on his eyes, and cue after the video finished the gazebo light up, and the man was standing in the middle smiling sweetly at him. His Jinki.
Jinki immediately held out his arms encouraging his boyfriend for an embrace. It was difficult to plan all of this, most especially since he never lied to the younger. Ever since their deep conversation about their life ahead, it made him realized that he can’t live without Taemin. So he immediately plans everything with the help of their friends. After receiving the message sent by the younger telling him how he missed him so much, he felt guilty and immediately wanted to show how important he is in his life and give an assurance that he loves him so much.
Taemin runs and throws himself unto Jinki’s warm embrace. 
“Shhhh...baby..don’t cry..Jinki said while gently his back.
“What is this?..I thought...” 
“Well..”Jinki gently pulled out from Taemin and kneeled his one knee grabbing Taemin’s left hand while holding the ring on the other hand. Taemin was so surprised, his right hand cupped his mouth, as tears slowly gliding his soft face. 
“My Taemin, first I want to say sorry for being distant lately. It was very hard for me to do but..uhmm...well..thank you for entrusting your heart for me to keep. Thank you for being patient with me, for being so understanding. When I freaked out you are always there to keep me calm. When I was nervous your presence and a squeeze of your hand give me confidence. You are my everything and more. I want you, only you. Will you give me the honor to call you my husband and spend the rest of my life with you? Will marry me?” Jinki said in the sincerest way he can mutter while squeezing Taemin’s hand. 
Taemin was silently sobbing, all of his doubts completely melted, looking on Jinki’s brown eyes he found peace, love, and sincerity. He gathered himself, clear his throat, and gently nodded. 
“Y-yes baby”
Jinki placed the ring band with diamonds on the left ring finger of the younger. He immediately stood up and crushed Taemin in a hug. 
“I Love You so much..I am so sorry if you feel upset..I Love You..”
“I Love You Too Hyung”
Resting their foreheads together while looking into each other eyes. Jinki slowly engulfed the younger into a passionate kiss, Jinki’s hand was holding His waist while the other was placed on his back. He was pouring all his love and care into the kiss which Taemin gladly accepted as he instinctively circles his arms around Jinki’s neck. There were so into each other’s world that they failed to notice the presence of their families and friends. 
The younger was startled by the loud clapping, he turned his body towards the noise and was shocked to see all of their friends and families. Kibum giving a thumbs up to Jinki. They run towards them and gave their warm congratulations to the engaged couple. 

***
They were on the shore, Jinki was back hugging Taemin. His chin rested on his fiancé’s shoulder feeling so peaceful and contented. He sighed.
“What was that for?” Taemin asked
Jinki smiled.”Relieved, happy, and contented. You are my fiancé now”
Taemin slowly faced Jinki. His hand was placed on Jinki’s shoulder while his fiancé’s hands were on his waist.
“Why? Do you think I would say no?”
“It’s not like that, well you know I just want you to feel how committed I am to you and I want you to feel special”
“Thank you for your love hyung. I couldn’t ask for more
Jinki lift his hand and caressed his face. 
“I love you and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you”
“Me too. You and I”
“Forever”
And their lips meet once again.

-The End-