A Rom Com By Kim Yeri

Oblivious- A series

I am super sorry that I dissapeared for like two months. May-June is always super nuts. I swear there is more to come!

***

Yeri shifted about nervously. Everyone was stone faced as they sat around the dinner table in the Kim mansion. It seemed that everyone was still reeling from the shocking news that Seulgi had a hand in Suho’s crazy schemes as she was the only one sitting on her own. Even Sunmi sat beside Taeyeon on the other side of the table glaring at her girlfriend. 

 

“Is this really necessary?” asked Saeron. Everyone snapped their head to her, disbelief in their eyes. “I mean come on, she didn’t mean to set them up for any danger..” 

 

“THEN WHY DOES A DERANGED NEANDERTHAL WANT IRENE FOR HIMSELF?” shouted Wendy. 

 

“Because Wendy...she is my wife!” Everyone let out a gasp as they turned their heads to find Suho standing behind Seulgi. 

 

“You are lying!” Irene shouted as she rose from her own seat. 

 

“Oh I am not! I have proof! Our marriage certificate!” He stated smugly as he threw the paper on the table. 

 

Everyone gathered around Taeyeon to take a glimpse, eyes wide with shock. “You..are you serious?” Taeyeon asked him.

 

Everyone gave him a steady look before he let out a maniacal laugh. “That’s right! I have been married to Irene for years! Seulgi officiated the ceremony!”

 

“Dude, this is written on the back of a coloring book...in crayon...and all it said is that you wanted to marry her. Like you literally have no legal standing.” Joy said confused. Suho snatched back his marriage license and huffed. 

 

“You are just jealous that I have loved her for a long time!” He shouted at them. “But I will show you! I will show all of you!” He pulled out a gun at pointed straight at Wenrene. They stood together, Wendy blocking Irene as Irene gripped her close. Suho pulls the trigger and waits to see his archnemesis Wendy fall to her death...but nothing happens. 

 

“Yeri!” Everyone shouts. They all rush forward to see one of their youngest sprawled out, having taken the bullet. 

 

“She’s dead! Oh my gosh! She saved our lives! She’s a hero!” 

 

They all turned to Suho who was now in handcuffs. “She was so brave…” he said, “I am so sorry about this…”

 

He was sentenced to years in a mental hospital, and Yeri had a wonderful memorial. Everyone sang and they even had Ariana Grande come and perform for her. They all took Yeri’s heroic sacrifice with them everyday and treasured her memory forever.  

 

The End.

 

***


 

“You can’t be serious.” whispered Seulgi. Everyone gave her a nod in agreement. All of them baffled and confused. “This is how you want to your romantic comedy?” 

 

Yeri gave an excited nod before going back to her storyboard presentation. “I think that it will accurately demonstrate how far I will be willing to protect the ship that is Wenrene.”

 

Everyone gave her a dumbfounded look. “But that isn’t even plausible!” Suho said. Yeri gave him a menacing glare. “I mean no offense Irene, but I am really not trying to come after you… we are like friends.” Wendy gave him a smile and thumbs up before putting her arms around Irene. “And I am not dumb enough to think a crayon written pledge from when I was 7 is enough to send me on a path of unjustified revenge. Beside Wendy is a bro! And the best wingwoman!” 

 

“Yeah...also I am pretty sure that Seul would’ve been smarter than to have her secret treason just exposed like that, she’s a little clueless but not an idiot.” Wendy said.

 

“Also why is it that everyone was a little on the naive side except Yeri and Taeyeon?” Tiffany asked. Taeyeon and Yeri just high-fived each other before snickering.

 

“Well because we are totally the ones who catch on the fastest.” Tayeon said with a smile. 

 

“You really aren’t though…” muttered Tiffany. “Okay so I am totally not down for this. I suggest a new script!” 

 

Disbelief was clear on Yeri’s face. “But...but! I think this is the most realistic approach!”

 

“Yeri, I am not having my wedding host an homage to your weird idea of a romance. There was only one romantic scene!” Irene exclaimed. 

“Yeah well you said to keep it at 20 minutes! I had to cut the boring mushy stuff!” 

 

“Yeah but the rest of it is super strange. Like why Suho? He doesn’t want a steady girlfriend, let alone someone who is already engaged. And why did Seulgi turn on us, she could’ve totally stopped our progression years ago, or Sunmi turning on Seul? She would rather die.” Sunmi nodded in acknowledgement as she held onto Selgi for dear life. 

 

“YOU JUST DON’T UNDERSTAND MY VISION.” Yeri stood fuming. Suddenly the door burst open to reveal a teary eyes Saeron. 

 

“YOU DIED! WHY DID YOU DIE!” She shouted before tackling Yeri in a bear hug. Suddenly the pieces clicked and everyone gave a collective “Oh.” 

 

“Why Little Kim, if you wanted to get the girl you totally could’ve asked Wendy, she is a great help.” Sungjae said. Yeri shushed him before returning the bear hug with a content smile. 

 

“You can all leave now! My objective was accomplished despite your sabotage.” Everyone gave her a roll of the eyes before the group began to head out. 

 

“Well,” Seulgi said once she closed the door on the younger couple. “That certainly was a rollercoaster.” 

 

“Totally, you wouldn’t uhm… you guys aren’t opposed to us getting married are you?” Wendy asked nervously. All seven eyes turned to Wendy and Irene. “I just...uhm. I know we are young, I know that Taeyeon and Tiffany probably wanted to marry first, or even Sunmi and Seul, so I don’t know if we are stepping on anyone's toes by doing this so early.”

 

Everyone let out a collective laugh. “You really think we didn’t know you  two would’ve been the first to this?” Taeyeon said with a chuckle. “Tiffany and I may be the oldest but come one, Irene hadn’t kept her hands off you since you turned double digits. She proclaimed her intent of marriage since you were in your preteens. When did you think we would be doubting that it would happen. I honestly am more surprised that she didn’t propose.”

 

“Oh yeah, Taeyeon and I are excited and nervous, but we aren’t ready for that just yet. Even if she proposes tomorrow, I anticipate a long engagement...at least until we make our first billion.”

 

“Sunmi said I get to pick when we get married. I want to at least be in my twenties…” Seulgi said while puffing her cheeks. Sunmi squealed at that gave her a kiss on the cheek. 

 

“That’s only three years away Seulgi, and I can’t wait.” They shared a shy smile before clasping hands.  

 

“Oh…” Wendy said trailing off. She kept her gaze to everyone who walked ahead of her and Irene before feeling a tug on her hand. 

 

“Hey what’s going up there?” Irene asked with curiosity. She studied the concerned face for a few moments before letting it all sink into her mind. 

 

“I just,” she took a deep breath before letting it all out. “I know that the story was ridiculous and Yeri is heading into a whole new brand of nuts but… I want you to know that I do love you. And I intend to love you, forever. No matter what happens, who cares and who doesn't, and whatever evil bozo or genius comes our way. You are still the girl who pushed me into asking her out when we were 13, who called my mother ‘momma’ because you were sure that I was it for you, you took my breath away when we were 15 and you told me you loved you more than you could comprehend. Everyone teases us, or tells us how they always knew...but they didn’t...heck even I was all the way sure. But you. You always knew.” 

 

Irene saw the tears form in Wendy’s wide eyes. She saw a look in her that she had seen in herself far too many times. Pure adoration and love, a full comprehension that the person in front of you was who would always put you before everyone and anyone. With a firm hug and a soft ‘I love you’ Irene led Wendy down the hall to meet the others. 

 

***

 

Rejoined by Yeri and Saeron later, who were both bashfully holding onto each other, the group had decided on a few games before settling on the game to end all games… truth or dare. 

 

“Alright ladies, and Joy,” Yeri said with a snicker, “I will go first.” Around and around the bottle went before ultimately landing on Tiffany who looked at the younger Kim with a raised eyebrow. She confidently answered dare before Yeri’s smirk turned menacing. “I dare you, oh soon to be sister of mine, to text the last person you contacted the least risque picture you’ve ever sent Taeyeon.” The group chuckled before Saeron asked how Yeri even knew that they exchanged such things, to which Yeri replied, “Taeyeon turns as red as a tomato when she gets a minimally suggestive text.” Taeyeon let out a loud huff as Tiffany sent as quick message to her unknown recipient. As soon as she put her phone down, Taeyeon’s pinged and when she checked her ears began to turn redder and redder. “HEY! What a cheat!” 

 

“You said the last person I contacted and I texted and called Taeyeon last so HA.” Everyone gave a laugh before Tiffany spun the bottle. Fate chose Sunmi and Sunmi opted for another dare. “I dare you...to text your mom that you were thinking about leaving Seulgi for Taeyeon.” Seulgi let out a big laugh as she saw Sunmi’s eyes widen. The only person who adored Seulgi more than Sunmi was Mrs. Lee. Tiffany and Taeyeon spent plenty of time at the Lee’s over the years because of Sunny and had been well aware of her infatuation with Sunmi’s adorable girlfriend. Begrudgingly, Sunmi quickly sent the text hoping that her mother would ignore the text altogether. In true Mrs. Lee fashion she called her daughter immediately and berated her for even considering leaving the adorable bear without any other reason than a childhood crush on the eldest Kim. After explaining the dare and letting everyone’s laughter die off Sunmi took her turn to spin. 

 

“Irene, truth or dare…” 

 

“Truth.” Irene replied with an arch of her brow. Sunmi looked around at the group of people among them and weighed her options before settling on a question that she knew would warrant a lengthy and potentially juicy story. 

 

“Alright, so… how did you seduce Wendy into finally jumping into bed with you and don’t forget the details.” Sunmi said with a smirk. Everyone looked at the girl who was slightly stunned at the question, and even more at the embarrassed lobster impersonator beside her. 

 

“Oh, uhm, well…” Irene looked to Wendy who gave a long sigh before nodding slightly. “I didn’t.” 

 

“Wait, you two haven’t...?” Seulgi began to ask before letting it die off. 

 

“It’s not that,” Irene said with a blush, “I just meant that-” 

 

“She didn’t uhm seduce me into it… I, uhm, it was me who initiated.” Wendy confessed. She looked up from the floor when she heard silence, which frankly concerned her more than a loud reaction. 

 

“Wendy? Innocent and sweet as sugar Wendy was the one to put the moves on?!” Taeyeon asked in disbelief. Wendy gave a shy nod before clearing and putting her head in her hands. 

 

“I really didn’t want to talk about this.” Irene patted Wendy’s back as she muttered her disinterest in the conversation. 

 

“Sunshine, it’s a pretty great story. It’s one of my favorite times from our life together.” 

 

“Can we hear the story?” Yeri asked with curiosity and mirth in her voice. Wendy groaned and turned herself into Irene but gave a steady nod before she reammerged. 

 

“Fine. But just know that it’s long and all of you were part of it so… make yourselves comfortable.” The group gave an eager nod and sunk themselves into their seats. 

 

“Okay so here goes…”