A Rom Com By Kim Yeri Part 2

Oblivious- A series

Usually, when the dramatic build up to a movie has begun, the dramatic events in question begin to pile up. Taeyeon’s mission to find Wendy and explain the result of the situation that occured was no different. Seeing Wendy and Joy stand to the side of the parking lot, watching the sleazeball himself get into his car and drive was enough to tell Taeyeon that they knew that he wouldn’t be gone for long.

 

“Did you get it?” Taeyeon asked as she approached the two girls. Joy gave her a nod of affirmation before turning to look at Wendy. Her cheeks stained with tears, eyes bloodshot, but in all she had a fire that they hadn’t seen before. “Forward the tapes to Tiffany’s sister. I’ll send them to Grandfather later. Son,” Wendy turned to look to her older mentor with curiosity. “I believe that you have someone to confront?” It was like Wendy’s anger was extinguished when she realized what Taeyeon meant. In that moment the equally small girl took off in search of her fiance.

 

“Why is he so adamant on Irene?” Tiffany’s voice popped up as she walked closer to Taeyeon and Joy. Little Yeri and Seulgi were with her and all gave her a knowing look.

 

“When Irene and Wendy were five they met for the first time… but that meeting was intentional.” Taeyeon began. “Grandfather has two sons and one daughter, Aunt Sue is his only daughter.”

 

“As in Susan Son?” Tiffany asked.

 

“When she was getting married, she knew that she wouldn’t have the Kim name, but Grandfather’s best friend was Mr. Son and it was kind of a coincidence that their kids ended up together. Whatever the case, Grandfather knew she was marrying into a wealthier family and relinquished his hold on her loyalty to the Kims. He opposed the marriage so that he could know whether or not she loved Uncle Nick or not. Turns out, they both did. So Grandfather cut her out.”

 

“Not in a bad way but more to ensure that she was able to bond with the rest of their family.” Yeri said. “Grandfather is kind of cold and Grandpa Son is like a giant teddy bear!”

 

“Yes, so the Sons are a rather close knit group, and Grandfather knew that Aunt Sue would love the familial bonds. So in the end he kept his distance as she had wanted. But Grandpa Son and Grandfather are still best friends, we figure Wendy will eventually find out about our family namesake, but either way she isn’t tied to the company, that would be me.” Taeyeon said with a small smile.

 

“Yeah but Grandfather loves you Tiffany. Like a lot. He wants our family to be more like the Sons too, and you make him smile all the time! He has bugging Taeyeon to marry you since you were 16!” Yeri said with glee.

 

“YERI!” Taeyeon shouted. Tiffany gave her a smug smile as Taeyeon let out a nervous chuckle. “Yes well, you see, that old man is insane...not that it won’t happen! It is totally going to happen...just I uhm. Grandfather seems to be smitten with you beyond all belief.” Taeyeon said wrapping her arm around Tiffany who gave her a smile.

 

“While I appreciate the affirmations and the confirmation of a proposal,” Taeyeon’s cheeks burned red at Tiffany’s words. “What does this have to do with Wendy and Irene?”

 

“Well you see,” Taeyeon began, “Suho is a Kim, but a distant one, he has no ties to our direct family line, more a cousin of cousins sort of deal. The boy has it in his head that if he digs back far enough he can take the company from any direct heirs, such as Hyoyeon, Yeri, Kibum, Jonghyun, Wendy, or me since we are all direct grandchildren. The problem is that in order to pull off whatever scheme he has, he needs a prominent name. Everyone of us is meant to marry someone of status, and while Kibum and Jonghyun have renounced those shares, that still leaves the three girls. Since Hyo will probably take on her future husband's name, and i'm the oldest, and I happen to be marrying you...I am first.”

 

“Yeah you are kind of the perfect fit, you want to take our name and you are willing to put up with all of us.” Yeri said with a smile. “But Suho thinks that Grandfather will hand him the title because he is a male...and if married someone from a big named family. He won’t marry Wendy because he knows she is her own heir, but he could marry the Bae’s daughter and use her for leverage. So when he was 13 he tried to wow her.”

 

“But you see, Irene had been attached to Wendy at the hip. It was only a matter of time before they were going to get together and we all knew it.” Joy said. Seulgi gave a nod in agreement before letting out a sigh.

 

“We didn’t know that they had been together since we were 14, but we knew that eventually they would married off. When Suho brought the idea of Irene to Grandfather Kim, he didn't know she was intended for Wendy from the beginning. The party they met at was Grandfather Kim’s 50th birthday. He invited the Bae’s because he knew that they also had a daughter around Wendy’s age, and he asked Aunt Susan if she can show Aunt Jade around and introduce to her all the important people. He knew that Wendy would be willing to make friends easily because she was such a friendly kid.” Seulgi concluded.

 

“When Suho saw them hold hands, he convinced himself that it was because they were really close friends, in reality they’d had begun dating. I don’t think he knows that they are getting married. I think he thinks that he still has a shot to take us all down.” Joy said.

 

Tiffany gave them a nod in acknowledgement. “So he wants to take TaeTae’s spot as heir, and to do that he has to marry Irene so he can prove to be a superior heir? He realizes that she isn’t a prized hen right? Why go after Irene anyway? Why not go after any else?”

 

“He tired,” Joy said. “Park’s are lawyers so he knew he could weasel his way into my life, the Kangs and Kwons have their ties with the Lees and Jungs, in reality his choices were limited to the chosen partners of two heirs to empires. He either had to swoop in and take Tiffany Hwang, Taeyeon’s intended, or Irene Bae, Wendy’s intended. He couldn’t undermine Taeyeon without drawing suspicion so he chose Irene.”

 

“So what now?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Hell hath no fury like a Wendy scorned.” Joy said with a devious smile.

 

***

It had been hours since the initial confrontation with Suho, and Irene had been doing her best to avoid Wendy like the plague. In truth she didn’t know how to feel about the girls reaction to it all. It had been very out of character for Wendy. She figured the more she laid low, the less likely she was to draw attention of anyone. Her conclusion came to the library. Hiding out in the very back of it, making sure that no one could hear her.

 

“Now Love,” she heard Wendy’s voice, “Did you really think I wouldn’t find you.” Wendy stood to the side of her, leaning on a bookcase, looking at her with guilt in her eyes.

 

“How did you find me?” Irene asked softly.

 

“I have your guard on you Irene, you are being protected at all times.”

 

“Oh really? Did the guard tell you that I was cheating on you? Or did you draw that conclusion up from the forced kissed?”

 

“Irene-“

 

“No!” Irene forced out. Tears were streaming down her face. “I would never do that to you. He grabbed me and he forced himself on me and I get the grunt end of Joy’s freak out. I don’t know why he wants me. I don’t. I don’t want him and yet I’m the one being tossed around like I’m a prized hen.”

 

“Love, I don’t know what he wants. He is gonna go away though I promise.” Wendy reaches for Irene who flinched at the contact. “Love please. I didn’t think you did anything. But if I stayed there any longer I would have murdered him. You said I was too pretty for prison.”

 

“So you left me with him?”

 

“Of course not. I made sure everyone would catch him leaving. I made sure Taeyeon saw that sleazeball before he had any more bright ideas.”

 

“So why were you leaving me?”

 

Wendy kept silent and look at Irene. She leaned in, wiping away Irene’s tears before taking a deep breath. “Love, you are never unsafe. You mean the world to me. I would never leave you in harms way. Suho May have forced a kiss on you but trust me when I say that it was a lucky moment for him. He is lucky I walked in and not your guards, the heathen would’ve been tased.” Irene looked at Wendy, searching her eyes for any hesitation. “I know how much I mean to you too.” With a small smile from Irene, Wendy leaned in for a chaste kiss. “There, now you don’t have his lips on you.”

 

Irene laughed and wrapped herself in Wendy’s arms. She could hear the wild thumping of Wendy’s heart and pulled back enough to give her nose a kiss. “I forgive you sunshine.” Wendy let out a breath and leaned in, only to be startled by Yeri.

 

“OH!” she squealed out. “I do love a Wenrene kiss as much as the next girl, but Taeyeon here has something to share.” All eyes were in Taeyeon as she let out a small sigh.

 

“It seems that Suho went straight to Grandfather with his intentions. We are all being summoned for dinner on Friday. I don’t know what the old man wants.”

 

“Joy,” Wendy said with a tighter grip on Irene. “What more can go wrong.” Irene pulled Wendy into sitting before she plopped into her lap.

 

“Oh my god it’s the cutest thing ever!” Sunmi suddenly appeared pulling her phone for a picture of Wenrene. “Taeyeon? I didn’t know you’d be here…” she said with a smirk. Tiffany pulled Taeyeon closer together while Seulgi reaches for Sunmi’s hand. “Calm down Tiffany, I’m mostly here to help out Bug and Muffin, and maybe ogle my own girlfriend a bit.”

 

Seulgi’s big smile and flaming cheeks were enough to make Tiffany’s jealousy melt. “Alright. We need to insure that Suho doesn’t get any ideas. In order to do that we have to tie everyone he can use as collateral down. TaeTae and I are as good as engaged, Irene and Wendy really are engaged...that means all we have left is…” Everyone turned to look at their youngest. Yeri had wide eyes and an overall confused expression on her.

 

“What would he want with me?” Yeri said. Taeyeon shook her head, “Not you, Saeron. She’s the last piece. You need to make sure she is yours exclusively.”

 

Yeri’s eyes grew wider, “Wha- I- we are like younger than you all!”

 

“Yes but Suho is youngest from our age group, so he is only two years younger than you and Saeron. He wants Irene, but he won’t hesitate to take Saeron instead if it gets him a better standing with Grandfather…” Taeyeon said.

 

“But why Irene?!” Tiffany questioned aloud.

 

“Because, what better way to weasel yourself into the Kim trust fund, than to be the Kim that fulfills the agreement between the Bae’s and Kim’s.” Taeyeon said. “When Grandfather was a boy, he was meant to marry the Bae’s eldest, but he fell in love with Mama. The Kim’s in return put an account with 20% of all company profit for every year the union was not met. Then when Irene’s dad married his wife, they too decided to put 20% annually. If he married Irene, he gets the money and will use it to buy his way into our inheritance.”

 

“Why is this so complicated!” Joy shouted out. She began to rub her head in order to process all the information. “The dude basically is using Irene as a cash cow.”

 

“Not entirely.” Everyone turned around to see Suho’s eldest brother approaching them. Xiumin put his hands up at the hostile group before him. “I come in peace. It seems you forgot the part about how he became obsessed with Irene. He thinks you’d make the most aesthetically pleasing children, that your looks are unparalleled. But above it all, he is convinced that you are also in love with him.”

 

Everyone gave a bewildered look to the man before them. “Why on earth does he think that?”

 

“Because he heard you say it.” Wendy and Irene were both massively confused at who he was referring too. Until they both realized that his gaze was not on either of them, but on their closest mutual friend Seulgi. “He thinks that you told him Irene was madly in love with him and is forced to be with Wendy.”

 

Everyone let out a collective gasp, everyone but Seulgi. “Oh my gosh are we reaching a ?” Yeri said lowly.