Misunderstanding

Waiting In The Clouds

A month passes by and Baekhyun believes that his relationship with Chanyeol has definitely improved. Whenever they see each other in school they will give one another a quick wave and smile, and Chanyeol no rarely punishes him in the house anymore. He only hopes that everything will remain the way it is right now.

 

He says this as his group project with Jongdae and Minseok went very well too, receiving high praises from the professor. They have grown much closer and have even pestered Baekhyun to let them see Minjun.

 

Jongdae has also helped Baekhyun land a part time job at Chenel, knowing that Baekhyun has been searching for a part time job. The Chairwoman has approved and agreed to have Mr Kim take care of Minjun while Baekhyun is at work. It was tough at first, as Minjun was a very clingy toddler, and Mr Kim is not exactly….child friendly.

 

‘Young Minjun, what would you like to do as we await your brother’s presence?’

 

‘No.’ Minjun says stubbornly as he is being cushioned on a large sofa in the Park mansion, making him look extremely small.

 

Mr Kim is being faced with one of the toughest challenges of his life; his mastershave always been straightforward with what they wanted, but this little guy did not express any sign of what he wanted!

 

‘My apologies, Minjun, It should’ve been my responsibility to think of something for you to do.’ Everybody knows how serious Mr Kim is at his job, he sees it as part of his job to make his masters satisfied.

 

Mr Kim decides on a yellow rubber ball. He read in one of those childcare books that running is good for stimulating the muscles. He throws it in a random direction.

 

‘Minjun-ah, fetch!’

 

The boy did not move at all, and just sighed again. An awkward silence fills the air.

 

‘Hyung. Want Hyung.’ Minjun sighs and looks down.

 

Mr Kim thought long and hard before grabbing a sharpie, scribbling a doodle on the ball. He drew two droopy eyes, a pouty smile and a mole near the lip.

 

‘Now, Minjun. Look carefully!’ Mr Kim shows the ball to Minjun. Minjun’s eyes lit up, its his Hyung!

 

‘Hyung!’ Minjun pointed excitedly before trying to grab the ball. Mr Kim tosses the ball and Minjun is off, running and panting to catch his beloved Hyung.

 

‘Hyung! Hyung!’

 

The Chairwoman walks by and sees the commotion; Minjun running after a ball, and a very pleased Mr Kim.

 

‘Yah! Secretary Kim! Don’t treat him like a dog!’ The chairwoman whacks Mr Kim playfully, because after all, the situation is pretty darn adorable.

 

When Baekhyun learns of the situation after work, he flushes immediately and picks up Minjun who was trying his best to crawl up his leg. He bids the two farewell and walks back home.

 

‘Hey Minjun, you must like me a lot, eh?’ Minjun does not answer and just wraps his hands tighter around Baekhyun’s neck.

——————————————————

 

Chanyeol’s latest fling comes crying to him at the cafeteria, about her recent failed individual assignment.

 

‘Chanyeol-ah! What am I gonna do? My daddy is definitely going to cut my credit card!’ She wailed and whined. Chanyeol looks at her disinterestedly, he knew she gave all the work to her group members, he knew that she often came to his house uninvited and skipped lectures. How on earth did she expect to pass?

 

‘I-It’s all that Baekhyun’s fault!’ Seo Hyun suddenly declared. Hearing Baekhyin’s name, Chanyeol’s ears perked up and he looks at her confused.

 

‘What do you mean?’

 

‘Baekhyun! He took away Jongdae and Minseok from me! They are the most outstanding students in the class! H-he convinced them by making them feel sorry for him, t-that’s why he did so well! A-and when I asked to join, he told me to go away!’ She lied between fake tears, trying to get Chanyeol to pay attention to her.

 

‘Baekhyun did that? I don’t believe it.’ Chanyeol scrunched up his nose, thoroughly confused at the situation.

 

‘And look, I got my daddy to help me do some private investigation about him,’ Seo Hyun taps on her tablet, opening a confidential email with Baekhyun’s private information.

 

‘Turns out he’s not that poor after all, he lied to your grandmother.’

 

Suddenly picture after picture appeared, Baekhyun standing with two adults, supposedly his parents. He recognizes them as the founders of Byun industries, and they have been trying to strike a deal with the Parks for a while now.

 

‘Wait a minute...Baekhyun is the son of Byun?’

 

‘Yes! And what’s more interesting is that the toddler you keep talking about is in none of these family photos, don’t you think that they might have hired a baby to make the chairwoman pity them? You know how the chairwoman loves children.’ She added, no longer crying and wiping her fake tears.

 

‘So he not only manipulated me, but my family as well?’ Chanyeol asks, a little uncertain. How could Baekhyun do this to him? To his grandmother?

 

‘What should I do?’ Chanyeol now fully convinced - the papers, the photos are all there. Is there even a way he can defend Baekhyun? To him, it really seems like Baekhyun is an undercover spy in his house, trying to get as much information as possible to strengthen the ties between Byun and Park. It angered him, he hates being used, especially when his family business is also involved.

 

‘I’ll crush him, I’ll end him.’ Chanyeol says out of anger.

 

‘Yes! At your party next week! Expose him! Torture him! Unleash his true intentions!’ Seo Hyun encouraged, truly satisfied with the results of her investigation. Unknown to Chanyeol, she had her own underlying secret tactics. Back when everyone was supposedly ‘hammered drunk’ at Chanyeol’s night gathering, she happened to catch a glimpse of Chanyeol and Baekhyun’s interaction after hearing the loud crash of the main glass door. The way Chanyeol embraced Baekhyun and allowed him to lean closer piqued her anger. Chanyeol never does that to her, even when she needed a source of comfort. Her hatred and jealousy grew towards the boy, and ever since then she has hired an investigator to unleash Baekhyun’s ‘evil’ intentions.

 

‘Shut the up,’ chanyeol says as he grabs his backpack, walking away.

 

‘It’s none of your business. I’m doing this my own way.’


 

————————————————————————————-

A huge misunderstanding! What will happen to baekhyun :0