Baekhyun

Waiting In The Clouds

‘Minjun-ah! Don’t cry, I’m coming!’

 

Baekhyun was busy making Minjun’s baby formula, and he might be taking a little too long and being a little too clumsy due to how fatigued he felt from his part time job.

 

Cries from baby Minjun shook their one room apartment, his tears rolling down his fat cheeks was representative of how hungry he was. Baekhyun rushed over and quickly gave him his bottle, giving a gentle kiss to his forehead. The baby became quiet instantly, focused on his milk.

 

‘There, all better! All you had to do was be a little more patient Minjun-ah~’ Baekhyun comforted the boy as he drank his milk. Minjun gave baekhyun a huge smile, resting his tiny head against baekhyun’s chest and his tiny fist at the hem of Baekhyun’s oversized shirt. Baekhyun often goes to the thrift store for his clothes, which explains why most of his clothes do not fit him.

 

While Minjun was being fed, Baekhyun was already thinking about his schedule for the next day. Thursdays were the worst, they were the most tiring day of the week for him.

 

4am: wake up and get Minjun ready, prepare breakfast and pack his necessities

5am: part time shift as a janitor

7am: morning job ends, bring Minjun to daycare, get ready for school

8am-4pm:school

5pm: fetch Minjun home from daycare and bring him to his second part time job at a family restaurant

10pm: get off from work and head home

11pm-1am:study

 

Baekhyun was extremely grateful that both his jobs allowed him to bring his little brother. He sighed at how tough his life seemed, but when he looks at Minjun’s peaceful milk-drinking face, he knew it was worth it as he was Baekhyun’s only family. But it wasn’t always like this.

 

Back when Minjun was literally dumped into Baekhyun’s pile of responsibilities, he disliked the boy for adding another hindrance to his already ty life.

 

He opened the door, face to face with the woman that disappeared 5 years ago.

‘Mom, what are you doing here? Why did you leave?’ Baekhyun was desperate, he needed answers.

‘Baekhyun-ah, mom and dad have a favour to ask from you. Take care of Minjun, he’s your little Brother.’ Mrs Byun pulled a baby carrier closer, revealing a sleeping infant who is barely a year old.

 

‘What about me? Are you just going to leave like this?’ Baekhyun teared up, it was hard enough to go through his teenage years alone, and his parents were going to repeat it again.

 

‘I’m sorry Baekhyun, but we have our own lives, you know?’ Mrs Byun spoke casually, taking out her sunglasses. As she turned around, walking away, she said one more thing that broke Baekhyun’s heart.

 

‘By the way, don’t call us anymore. We’re no longer your mom and dad. I’m sure you will be capable of surviving in this world.’ Her heels clicked as she walked away, Minjun starts crying for food, Baekhyun cried like he did 5 years ago.

 

He lived in a run down one room apartment, his bed was just a small mattress and he could barely feed himself. Baekhyun had even thought of sending Minjun to social services,so as to make his life easier.

 

But a month after taking care of the crying and screaming Minjun, the infant finally gave him a grinning smile one day with his huge glossy eyes and round cheeks. Baekhyun knew had already fallen hard for the infant. He cried and cried for hours, apologising to the infant for his terrible thoughts.

 

‘I’m sorry Minjun, Baekhyun Hyung will protect you.’

——————————————————————————

Thats all for Chapter 1, kinda rusty with my writing hehe