Chapter Four

Denial and Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Jiyong’s POV)

This time I had messed up completely. Maybe I shouldn’t have said that the kiss had just been a game to me. It hadn’t been that at all. But I had wanted to see his reaction. I had wanted to know how he felt about it. If he had just scoffed at me I would have known that he didn’t care at all. But he hadn’t. That moment when he had snapped his eyes had reflected how hurt he had been by words. Dammit. Though that had been what I wanted to see. Now I knew that the kiss hadn’t been just a damn game for him. Now I knew that it must have meant at least something, whatever that was.

Mrs Lee sat in the driver’s seat this time. The car Seungri had taken to the party must have been hers. She looked a lot like him. Her features were similar to his even though softer and more feminine. She was a beautiful woman and an even greater mother. Not that I cared about a woman’s beauty. Woman weren’t my sort of thing, I had known that since a long time ago. When I had seen Seungri’s home for the first time my heart had ached. Just because I had never had a family home like that. I had never had a mother give a damn about me. I had never felt that family love and his place was full of it.

“Where should I drive you to?” Mrs Lee looked over at me as we had to wait in front of a red light on the main street. There it was. The question I couldn’t answer. If I told her to drive me to school she would ask me why, after all it was Sunday and I didn’t have any classes. Then again I could just make up an address for her to take me there. I’d just act like dropping by somewhere as I had told her before. After she was gone I would walk to the school building. Easy as that.

“It’s just a few blocks from here.” I told her the address, a place close to the school building. That would do just fine. No one was allowed to discover my secret. If someone told the principal I again wouldn’t have a place to stay at. Not that it was a nice home but it worked as such ever since they had kicked me out a week ago. Even though Seungri hadn’t slept beside me in that night it had been the first time after that incident that I was able to sleep on a mattress again. It had felt like heaven. Beautiful, soft heaven.

“Jiyong, please forgive Seungri’s behaviour early. You could have stayed until the evening of course. I would never kick out his friends. My boy just has a mind of his own sometimes but he really is a good guy.” Mrs Lee sighed. It almost felt like she had eavesdropped on our conversation or at least the part when Ri had called me a bastard and had slammed that door shut.

“I know that he is. It was my fault for triggering a topic that he didn’t want to talk about.” I replied. This woman really was a great mother. I had never met someone like her. I liked her a lot after all she had invited me to stay longer at their place without even knowing me.

“That might be it. Seungri has some trouble with controlling his temper. Though it doesn’t happen often that he freaks like that. He will calm down again. You can come over whenever you’d like.” Mrs Lee offered. Yes, she was definitely the best woman out of all.

“Thank you, that’s really kind of you. I’d love to visit again.” And spend time with Seungri. He was really intruding my mind. He was on my mind all the time. Seungri, Seungri, Seungri, my brain went nuts whenever I saw him and I just couldn’t get those thoughts of him out of my mind. I couldn’t get him out of my mind. Having the aftermath of that kiss still tingling on my lips didn’t make it easier.

Soon we reached the street that I had told her about close to the school building. “Take care, Jiyong.” She smiled warmly at me.

“I will, goodbye.” I got out of the car and stopped on the pavement waving at her until she left. Then I was left alone. I sighed. It . It so much to the point that I just wanted to run back to Seungri.

Though I couldn’t change my current situation. Not until I’d earn enough money to actually live. I crossed the street and walked the four minutes towards the school building. Then I sneaked around it towards the cellar entrance. I took out the keys that I had stolen from the janitor and moved inside. There was a storage room down here in which they kept chairs, tables and blackboards plus other unnecessary stuff.

It that I had to stay here, it that I didn’t have a place I could call home. Even though the protectory had never felt like one but it had been way better than this. I had had a bed and warm food, not the stuff that I stole from the cafeteria.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter