Chapter One

Denial and Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Seungri's POV)

There was something about him. Something about the way he watched me. I had noticed it two weeks ago. In English class. I had been late again with one of my crazy explanations as for why I was late. My stupid little brother had blocked the bathroom the whole morning but I of course couldn’t use that as an excuse. I told the teacher about a car accident but she still scolded me before I was allowed to sit down.

Then I had seen his gaze fixed on me. He had been staring at me. He hadn’t looked away as our eyes met. Rather he had locked his eyes with mine. Usually everyone would look away in such a situation because it was definitely awkward but he had kept staring. In the end I had been the one to look away. Once I had sat down in the row in front of him I had still felt that tingly feeling in my neck because someone had looked at me from behind. He had been staring the whole class long.

But why was he staring? He was a nobody that never talked. The one who didn’t even bother to socialise with anyone. Never had I talked to him before or even noticed him. Though that day two weeks ago something had changed. Ever since I always spotted him somewhere in the hallways or in the cafeteria, the library and of course in some classes we shared.

It weren’t only simple stares. The way he watched me was as if he analysed every move I made. Sometimes he would look at me for a while, then he would stop immediately. There didn’t seem to be a specific pattern. It was on my mind all day, he was on my mind all day because I couldn’t figure out the why. Why did he watch me? Was it because he was a no one and I was the jock belonging to the clique of the ‘cool kids’? Did he envy me? No, it felt different. But why? Why, why, why? What was going on with that crazy douche bag?

Hayoon’s party was in full spate as I arrived with my two buddies Seunghyun and Youngbae. The whole house——or rather ing mansion——was crowded with people from our high school but also many faces I didn’t know. Loud music was crashing in my ears and I couldn’t understand any conversations that echoed through the hallway. Instead of looking for anyone specific I followed Seunghyun and Youngbae towards the living room where the bar had been prepared with all kinds of drinks.

I snatched a bottle of beer and downed it in seconds. Though I almost spilt it as a girl literally jumped at me and clung to my body. Hayoon, the host of the party and head cheerleader at our high school. She was at the top of the social ladder just like everyone of my friends. Our group was composed of football players and cheerleaders. Seunghyun being the famous quarterback. I personally just counted as someone in the team but it was enough and my reputation at school was perfect. Girls confessed their love to me every week or so but apart from the drunken kisses at parties I wasn’t interested. I had been in a relationship once but it ended in a mess. I wasn’t up for that anymore.

“I’m so glad you guys made it.” Hayoon went on with hugging Seunghyun and Youngbae. Then she took Seunghyun’s hand and pulled him away from us to who knows where. They disappeared in the crowd. Shortly after Youngbae also disappeared towards the dance floor with one of the cheerleader girls. I was left alone with my empty beer bottle.

I poured myself another drink and then made my way through the crowd looking for anyone from the football team who wasn’t busy with some chick. Somehow I ended up in a corner where people were making out and grinding their bodies together as one. I felt like a voyeur for seeing such actions in public. But after all we were crazy teenagers and seemed like the only thing to matter for most.

I went on roaming around the mansion, downed another drink or two, talked to some peeps. After a while I began to feel extremely dizzy. I wasn’t the type to be able to hold my drink. Unfortunately. Suddenly I felt that tingly feeling in my neck again. Someone watched me. I twirled around——which almost made me stumble——to be presented with hazelnut brown eyes staring at me. It was him. This time he got closer, he walked right towards me. Why had he even been invited?

Somehow I got the sudden urge to run away. He was a strange guy, someone whose target I didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter